You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
abyssofthetriffid

Steven seagal disgusting from wg and illegal.

49 comments in this topic

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles

So wg are taking away my best and most worked on commander i dont think so.

I spent months getting him to 19 points and they want to take him away.

If he is taken away i would like some heavy compensation for all my hard work on getting steven to where he is today.

If he is taken away i will end my support cash wise for the game.

Leave my steven alone this is illegal.

Content Changes

Our collaboration with Steven Seagal ends with the release of Update 0.7.2. We're removing all mentions and depictions of Seagal are from the game, and replacing them with Commander John Doe, while also changing the Commander's portrait and removing the relevant animation from Missouri, and applying the standard U.S. voiceover to the new Commander. John Doe retains the same enhanced skills ("Expert Loader" and "Expert Marksman"), and keeps all Skill points earned with Seagal.

Edited by abyssofthetriffid
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 21

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,168 posts
3,967 battles

Legally he cannot remain in game.

• Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

For so many reasons, you are a moron. Between woefully misunderstanding what the word "legal" means, not being able to read patch notes that tell you point blank, you lose nothing but a name and voiceover, and worse still, wasting everyone's time with a thread that there are already 3-4 of on the front page.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 3
  • Meh 1

[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
795 posts
2,039 battles
5 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

So wg are taking away my best and most worked on commander i dont think so.

I spent months getting him to 19 points and they want to take him away.

If he is taken away i would like some heavy compensation for all my hard work on getting steven to where he is today.

If he is taken away i will end my support cash wise for the game.

Leave my steven alone this is illegal.

Content Changes

Our collaboration with Steven Seagal ends with the release of Update 0.7.2. We're removing all mentions and depictions of Seagal are from the game, and replacing them with Commander John Doe, while also changing the Commander's portrait and removing the relevant animation from Missouri, and applying the standard U.S. voiceover to the new Commander. John Doe retains the same enhanced skills ("Expert Loader" and "Expert Marksman"), and keeps all Skill points earned with Seagal.

First off... its not illegal. WG can remove whatever they want form the game.

Second off... the text you copied and pasted literally says theyre removing all mentions and depeictions of Seagal from the came, and that you get to keep the Captain who they are renaming to John Doe, with a new portrait. And that he keeps all the skills you earned and has the same special skills.

• Cool 1

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
1 minute ago, Avalon304 said:

First off... its not illegal. WG can remove whatever they want form the game.

Second off... the text you copied and pasted literally says theyre removing all mentions and depeictions of Seagal from the came, and that you get to keep the Captain who they are renaming to John Doe, with a new portrait. And that he keeps all the skills you earned and has the same special skills.

[edited] i do not want him changed in any form.

2 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

For so many reasons, you are a moron. Between woefully misunderstanding what the word "legal" means, not being able to read patch notes that tell you point blank, you lose nothing but a name and voiceover, and worse still, wasting everyone's time with a thread that there are already 3-4 of on the front page.

Your a fool.

6 minutes ago, Nukelavee45 said:

You actually copy pasted text telling you that you keep the 19 pts and special skills.

-sigh-

Your a cabbage.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 14

Members
3,303 posts
6,679 battles

YOU do understand what Seagal has been accused of and what he said to that woman don't you?   

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Members
3,303 posts
6,679 battles
Just now, abyssofthetriffid said:

What you on about?

SPEAK ENGLISH and take some time to rebut about what I wrote - DO you or DO you NOT understand what Seagal is in the NEWS about?

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
1 minute ago, dionkraft said:

SPEAK ENGLISH and take some time to rebut about what I wrote - DO you or DO you NOT understand what Seagal is in the NEWS about?

Ive seen no news i have no news here.

• Meh 4

Members
3,303 posts
6,679 battles
Just now, abyssofthetriffid said:

You must be living in a bubble as this news has been transmitted all over the WORLD!   Search under "seagal harassment" 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts

If you save the relevant files you could probably mod Seagal's image and voice back into the game for you personal use if you wanted to. 

Edited by Snargfargle

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,038 posts
7,956 battles

:Smile_facepalm:

You fail to read the Patch Notes.

The commander is not getting removed. The exact commander you have with 19 Points will stay. Only the Name will Change, the voiceover will be changed and the Portrait will be changed. Nothing else about your commander will Change. None of the skill Points get lost. None of the Progress gets lost.

So where is this 'hard work' that you are losing, and why should you be compensated for it?

• Boring 1

[SYN]
Members
27,067 posts
15,599 battles

Google 'Steven Seagal' in news and you will see why.

1IBSxzt.png

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,038 posts
7,956 battles
1 minute ago, Rolkatsuki said:

Google 'Steven Seagal' in news and you will see why.

1IBSxzt.png

Iz that @Doomlock? Where did you get that one from? xD

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
18,182 posts
12,637 battles
8 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Poor excuse and troll attitude.

On to my ignore list you go.

[STW]
Members
831 posts
7,007 battles

I wouldn't have minded seeing an actual historic US commander used instead of a C-class actor who, judging by his voice acting, couldn't have cared less about being involved.  Dude has a problem keeping his hands and other body parts to himself so I have no problem seeing him removed.  That being said, you are keeping the commander, but losing the portrait and the terrible voice acting.

Edited by Deviathan

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
3 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Or

Katherine McGrath was the first US Captain of a warship who just happens to be a woman. 

Why John Doe and not Jane?

Because apparently WG is un-creative when changing existing things and just goes for the path of least effort.