You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Best Ships of All Tiers

44 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts

Having limited space in my port and limited time to grind up an unproductive tier, I'm curious as to which ships everyone thinks are the best of their tiers?

Let me start out with the USN cruiser line, though it's going to be split sometime. I think, as it now stands, the USN cruiser line's standouts are the St. Louis, Cleveland, and Des Moines.

[-K-]
Members
8,032 posts
13,257 battles
1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

Having limited space in my port and limited time to grind up an unproductive tier, I'm curious as to which ships everyone thinks are the best of their tiers?

Let me start out with the USN cruiser line, though it's going to be split sometime. I think, as it now stands, the USN cruiser line's standouts are the St. Louis, Cleveland, and Des Moines.

Baltimore, while no Des Moines, is a fairly strong performer at T9 with all of the buffs she has received over the past year.

Most people disregard Baltimore as she used to be a pretty average ship at best, but she can absolutely devastate when the captain behind the helm knows what he's doing.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
22 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Best is relative but those that can best hold their own in a similar tier match, sticking to NON-Premium ships:

T1... IDK probably the Black Swan but others will likely disagree. It's not that big of a deal since T1 is more or less the most balanced tier in the game for so many reasons

T2: I like the Dresden, mostly because their super high RoF makes up for the weak shells and they are fast, maneuverable boats.

T3: Almost definitely the Bellerophon

T4: Overall probably the Clemson

T5: Kongo or Konig, both can punch up VERY well and have aspects that put them heads above their tier

T6: A well played Leander can be a nearly impossible force to deal with, but all else probably the Cleveland, although it has taken a serious hit to effectiveness with the volume of overpowered BB prems added at that tier

T7: Myoko or KGV: both can put out nuts amounts of fires, have great alpha on both HE and AP, and can hold their own even with +2 tiers.

T8: No doubt, Bismarck, of all the tree ships at T8, nothing can hold it's own like the Bismarck can; Benson's nice too, but where I'm totally comfortable in a T10 match in a Bismarck, even IJN DD's can start to outgun a Benson at T10.

T9: Fletcher; beast of a boat; awesome torps, great guns, best smoke in the game, high health, great gun handling, very maneuverable. Basically perfect in any role you want to aim for.

T10: Either Conqueror or HIV: both have abnormal fire potential (which is much more important at T10 since it's a %damage, not a flat value), reasonably good survivability characteristics, and can control HUGE swaths of the battle, with range and great accuracy from Conq and speed from HIV.

If you include Premiums into consideration:

T1: Still the same,

T2: You can add Emdem as it is only a slightly worse ship than Dresden, and the Tachibana can be kind of a force to deal with if the enemy doesnt know how to handle it.

T3: Konig Albert, no question

T4: Nik, obviously

T5: GC supplants the Kongo and Konig by a bit

T6: Warspite or Arizona, depending on playstyle (although the Warspite can accomplish more since it has 15" overmatch capable guns)

T7: Saipan, no doubt about it

T8: Tirpitiz, but only because it's just a Bismarck with free torps

T9: Same; Missouri and Musashi, as Overpowered as Musashi is, the Fletcher can still run rings around it, and I still don't find the Black to be as a big of a deal as others make it out to be, not with those torps.

T10: Same, obviously

T10: Same, obviously

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 3

[W_ZBR]
Members
272 posts
6,436 battles

Although I agree with you on most points I have to disagree with you at tier 8. The USS North Carolina has performed so much better for me than the Bismarck. Yes the Bis is very tanky but the NC can put out way more fire power with bigger and more accurate guns. 

I can't speak for tier 10 because all I have is the Gearing there.

• Cool 1

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
2 minutes ago, WolfmanJack99 said:

Although I agree with you on most points I have to disagree with you at tier 8. The USS North Carolina has performed so much better for me than the Bismarck. Yes the Bis is very tanky but the NC can put out way more fire power with bigger and more accurate guns. 

I can't speak for tier 10 because all I have is the Gearing there.

Bismarck's better because it can play many ways. NC is limited to long and mid range sniping. The Bismarck can do that stuff too, and is only VERY slightly less accurate. But the Bismarck can brawl as well, it can sweap areas with Sonar. And it is WAY tankier. Yes it eats more normal pens, but it basically never gets cited, which is healed at a MUCH lower rate. NC's may not eat as many normal pens, but the pens it does get are cits and that damage stays. Also, if Premiums are being considered, the Alabama completely eclipses the NC on many grounds. Also, among tech tree ships, I would rate the Benson much higher than an NC, as would I rate a Shok, as even with it's AA, a Shok that knows what it's doing will OWN an NC.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
3 minutes ago, senseNOTmade said:

T1: Black Swan

T2: dunno, doesn't matter

T3: StLouis

T4: Langley

T5: Bogue

T6: Ryujo

T7: Kaga

T8: Kutuzov

T9: Taiho

T10: Hakuryu

:cap_tea:

You included premiums and you think the Langly is better the Nik at Tier 4? And you think the Bogue is better than a GC at Tier V? I get you have a CV thing going on but even at T7, the Kaga isn't better than a Saipan.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,270 posts
18,450 battles
42 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

T9: Fletcher; beast of a boat; awesome torps, great guns, best smoke in the game, high health, great gun handling, very maneuverable. Basically perfect in any role you want to aim for.

I would pick a Z-46 over a Fletcher, having used it to sink many Fletchers.

Members
689 posts
7,037 battles
24 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

You included premiums and you think the Langly is better the Nik at Tier 4? And you think the Bogue is better than a GC at Tier V? 

:cap_tea: 'dem gunz don't outrange my torpedo bombers! In a 1v1 the CV wins every time...

• Cool 1

Members
2,151 posts
14,358 battles

1-Black Swan

2-(yes i know a lot of people hate it) tachibana. Oh boy. Great guns for reload +amazing fire chance LOLOLOL.

3- Nassau/Knoig albert (they just my babies.)

4- Impretor Nikolai / Hoso 

5- Gremyashcy / Giulio Cesare /Kamikaze 

6- Perth / fuso 

7- saipan/Kaga/ Atlanta / Scharnhorst / Belfast / Leningrad (really hard to pick)

8- Enterprise/Kidd/Lo yang / kutuzov / Bismarck / tirpitz

9- Missouri / musashi / Z-46 / Fletcher

10- Conqueror, Hindenburg, Moskva / Z-52 / Zao / HIV / too many xD

[--K--]
Members
6,623 posts
14,409 battles
57 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

T4: Overall probably the Clemson

You haven't clubbed in Izyaslav, lol.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
22,561 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

Baltimore, while no Des Moines, is a fairly strong performer at T9 with all of the buffs she has received over the past year.

Most people disregard Baltimore as she used to be a pretty average ship at best, but she can absolutely devastate when the captain behind the helm knows what he's doing.

Baltimore was not average she was garbage. Did you ever play it before the buff from a 15second reload? OMG it was so painful free XPing was easy. Now it's finally equal to it's tier mates.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
22,561 battles
49 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

You included premiums and you think the Langly is better the Nik at Tier 4? And you think the Bogue is better than a GC at Tier V? I get you have a CV thing going on but even at T7, the Kaga isn't better than a Saipan.

Read his user name nuff said.

Members
2,151 posts
14,358 battles
2 minutes ago, Jiggiwatt said:

No one is talking about the Kamikaze sisters at tier 5? Or is this only ships you can still buy...?

I did :/

Members
2,151 posts
14,358 battles
7 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Baltimore was not average she was garbage. Did you ever play it before the buff from a 15second reload? OMG it was so painful free XPing was easy. Now it's finally equal to it's tier mates.

Yeh... i always hear you complaining about the us cruisers xD

Members
3,679 posts
7,996 battles

T1: Black Swan broken piece of sh**

T2: Dresden for infinite dakka

T3: Konig Albert(if you have it), otherwise Friant and Vampire

T4: Imperator Nikolai(if you have it), otherwise Clemson

T5: Giulio Cesare(if you have it), otherwise Kongo or Konig, or Kamikaze(if you have it)

T6: Normandie for speedy speed boi

T7: Lyon:"you wanna play rough??!!", or Gneisenau for speedy speed boi overload, 

Belfast if you have it Leningrad for ultra cheeki breeki speedy speed

T8: Kutuzov, North Carolina, 155 mogami for acquired taste, Kidd 

T9: Dimitri Donskoi, Missouri, Musashi(if you made the mistake) , Alsace

T10: like, all of them?

Edited by The_first_harbinger

Members
707 posts
4,742 battles
Just now, JessieTheKitty said:

I did :/

Ah, I missed that in your list.

Kamikaze is ridiculous anywhere in it's MM spread. At top tier, I already know the game is a win. At bottom tier, I still have 7km torps with a 5.4km concealment that reload every 36 seconds.

Members
2,151 posts
14,358 battles
1 minute ago, Jiggiwatt said:

Ah, I missed that in your list.

Kamikaze is ridiculous anywhere in it's MM spread. At top tier, I already know the game is a win. At bottom tier, I still have 7km torps with a 5.4km concealment that reload every 36 seconds.

I once got a close to 200k game. And didnt ever once get spotted (perth came was within detection but i had my smoke on running away and he kindly drove into torpedos)

Members
707 posts
4,742 battles
2 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

I once got a close to 200k game. And didnt ever once get spotted (perth came was within detection but i had my smoke on running away and he kindly drove into torpedos)

I think the best I've done is this one here, but I was definitely seal clubbing:

Members
2,151 posts
14,358 battles
1 minute ago, Jiggiwatt said:

I think the best I've done is this one here, but I was definitely seal clubbing:

Yeh i had like 185k~ dmg 17torpedos, 5 kills four dev strikes.

then my best in gremy was 166k and i never shot a single torpedo. All guns. Got 20 fires in the sucker. Literally only time i got witherer below tier 7

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts
1 hour ago, _RC1138 said:

T4: Nik, obviously

T5: GC supplants the Kongo and Konig by a bit

T8: Tirpitiz, but only because it's just a Bismarck with free torps

T4:  Since the buff, I'll take my Ark Beta over my Nikolai any day.

T5:  GC is FAR better than either of those two.  It needs to be on the ban list.

T8:  Alabama is better than Bismarck. . . and this is coming from a guy who loves secondaries.

Members
4,507 posts

I'll go through the ships I have, both with premiums and tech tree ships and view it if I could keep only 1 ship of each tier.

T1: Doesn't really matter to me, but if I had to keep one the Erie.

T2: I like the Chester here.

T3: St. Louis hand down.  First tier which for me has a clear winner.

T4: Imperator Nikolai but without premiums I'd take the Duguay-Trouin.

T5: Getting tougher, here, toss up between Texas and GC.  Without premiums, the New York.

T6: Toughest tier for me, so many good ships.  Only one, the Arizona, and without premiums the NM.

T7: For me, the Hood, its a fun ship for me to drive even though I know so many wouldn't agree.  Without premiums, the Colorado.

T8: Alabama, and without premiums the North Carolina.

T9, only have two, and that's the Missouri and Izumo upon which there is no doubt, Missouri.  I wouldn't keep the Izumo at all.

No T10, so won't comment on it.

My list of choices of ships I currently have which I'd keep if I could keep only one.  Its not the 'best' according tot he community, but the ships I'd have the most fun, and do the best in for my playstyle.