Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
major_rage

Asashio Work in Progress

9 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
8,027 posts
13,237 battles

I still don't understand the logic in this ship.  WG repeatedly chastised and nerfed Shima 20km "torpedo soup" for ages, but now introduce this for abomination for testing.  Seriously, did nobody sit down and think this thing through before green lighting it to be created?  Do they forget their mistakes that quickly?

[THREE]
Members
2,301 posts
12,381 battles

Hey

Maybe; but at least these torps only affect BB's and CV's.  The torps are worthless on DD's and cruisers, so maybe they can counter some of the excessive BB camping we see these day where you get 3/4 of the way through a match only to see most of your bb's still camping around base.

Also; You can take the torp acceleration skill and turn them into 16 km range but something like 70 kt speed, which is very interesting.  Standard is 20km and 65 Kts.  

Pete

Edited by sasquatch_research

Members
3,303 posts
6,679 battles

Having such LONG range torps and only able to damage BB's and maybe CAs only is a mistake.  They should change that so that the torps are NORMAL but select fire them as individual tubes.  WOW wants a designation thats unique maybe this is the one. Also WOW can tweek the range and damage as well. Those numbers I don't have but you get the picture.  Another option maybe total AA control manually as you try to swat the planes hovering over you.  When I say manual - I mean that YOU AIM the AA guns and if the guns are on one side you can skoot over to the other guns using designated keys when planes go out of aim 

I can see that WOW needs to add diversity to ship sales but there painting themselves into a corner unless the tweeks are unique and embraced by the players. Basically they have to "FUN" for a lack of another word. Thats what its all about.

FUN always equates into $ales....

Edited by dionkraft

[CZS]
Members
842 posts
8,005 battles

Unfortunately, the torpedoes are a Dumb as F**K idea. As is the overall design of the ship.

The entire purpose of this ship is to thin out the BB crowd; it's completely worthless of anything else. So, remind me again what this thing does when the BBs and CVs are dead or across the map?  It may be super stealthy, but it can't cap opposed in any way and it's turrets are even worse than the normal crappy IJN ones.

And you can bet it will be absolutely (and correctly) whined about by BB players forever.  20km invisible torpedoes? In quantity 16?

And the 20km range when it's fighting T6 ships?  That's practically the distance across the entire map!  wth is WG thinking? You want to know how many TKs this thing will cause? The level of stupid in this ship is beyond me.

In short, this ship has ONE method of play:  you sit around pretending to be a hole in the ocean, completely undetected all game (due to obscene stealth and ludicrously long-ranged torps) and do nothing but spot and throw impossible-to-dodge torps at ships that have NO warning and NO reason to think they might be torp'd.

Yeah, that's a real smart idea. F**ktards.

Edited by EAnybody

[VNES]
Members
456 posts
7,399 battles
17 hours ago, EAnybody said:

ships that have NO warning and NO reason to think they might be torp'd.

Because sending torps to ships that expect torps is how you get your torps to hit.

[THREE]
Members
2,301 posts
12,381 battles
12 hours ago, l1nv5 said:

Because sending torps to ships that expect torps is how you get your torps to hit.

Hey

That seems pretty logical, LOL.  Maybe it will help with so much of the BB camping we see these days.  

Pete

[VNES]
Members
456 posts
7,399 battles
2 hours ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

That seems pretty logical, LOL.  Maybe it will help with so much of the BB camping we see these days.  

Pete

Of course it will help. The reason why many against this idea is because MANY are NOOB BB players who loves their spawn and love to camp in the open and keep distance.Don't believe me many BBs are NOOBs? Install MM monitor and watch, usually DDs and CAs are pretty reasonable stats while BBs are majorly red stats who plays less than 100 matches per ship.

Sign in to follow this