Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
shawnwyant

Low XP

33 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
3,501 battles

I just want to voice my opinion that the XP in the game has gotten worse in all formats of the game this is my third year and  i play co-op, random, scenarios and try to do the missions but the XP has gotten so low that it just makes it impossible to get any where i have come to understand that this game is turning into just another pay to win game. I can remember back when i first started playing i could rank up a ship fairly quick but then i had some family issues that i had to take care of and took a few months away and came back and tried to rank up the asian ships took two months of playing 3-4 hours just to get to tier 4 and i have been stuck with my other ships at tier 7 for what seems like forever. i just think that there might be a need for a revamp of the XP system. That is just my opinion though.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

0 posts

I like that it takes a long time, honestly. If everyone had everything within a few months they wouldn't stick around for as long.

• Cool 1

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,595 posts
13,501 battles

Yeah, could just be that you're now at a higher tier so it takes longer... T9 is of course where the real grind is.

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,860 posts
4,861 battles

With so many boosters around increasing the base earning is likely to blow the economy sky-high...

Members
360 posts
27 minutes ago, Elegant_Winter said:

I like that it takes a long time, honestly. If everyone had everything within a few months they wouldn't stick around for as long.

I don't know, some could argue against that. If I had every ship in the game, I would still play and pay money into the game.

0 posts
13 minutes ago, wildcat18 said:

I don't know, some could argue against that. If I had every ship in the game, I would still play and pay money into the game.

Right, that's you. Some don't know what to do when they're finished with the "grind."

Members
360 posts
1 minute ago, Elegant_Winter said:

Right, that's you. Some don't know what to do when they're finished with the "grind."

I do, play the ship i just ground too. So i do understand The Op's concern even though it don't bother me, that's all.

0 posts
5 minutes ago, wildcat18 said:

I do, play the ship i just ground too. So i do understand The Op's concern even though it don't bother me, that's all.

I'm the same. I play whatever ship I feel like playing. If it's one I'm "grinding" that's convenient I guess.

Members
360 posts

I'm the same. I play whatever ship I feel like playing. If it's one I'm "grinding" that's convenient I guess.

I did the same thing in WOT, reach the tanks I wanted then just played them. Some got power creeped but that's another topic. But this time around, i am only going so far up the tiers since I am a part time player. If the meta changes or power creep changes things, my grinds will be shorter.

[FML]
Members
3,656 posts
14,584 battles
1 hour ago, shawnwyant said:

I just want to voice my opinion that the XP in the game has gotten worse in all formats of the game this is my third year and  i play co-op, random, scenarios and try to do the missions but the XP has gotten so low that it just makes it impossible to get any where i have come to understand that this game is turning into just another pay to win game. I can remember back when i first started playing i could rank up a ship fairly quick but then i had some family issues that i had to take care of and took a few months away and came back and tried to rank up the asian ships took two months of playing 3-4 hours just to get to tier 4 and i have been stuck with my other ships at tier 7 for what seems like forever. i just think that there might be a need for a revamp of the XP system. That is just my opinion though.

Can’t say whether xp earnings has really changed that much recently (at least since xp gains for capping were nerfed hard). But it should take much less time now:

1) premium time - yours could have run out by now, hence slower grind both xp and credits. 

2) signal flags that can be earnt in game without buying them greatly help. 

3) premium flags that can also be earnt but also bought massively help

4) camouflages that now have economic benefits - both earnt and bought ( mostly earnt though)

5) scenarios - pve easy but pvp rewards should print results for traditional coop players. 

And has been noted, winning helps. The grind also slows down as you progress up the tiers - 5-10 at tiers 2/3, 50-70 at tier 5, 300 at tier 9 easily. 

Good luck!

0 posts
1 minute ago, wildcat18 said:

I did the same thing in WOT, reach the tanks I wanted then just played them. Some got power creeped but that's another topic. But this time around, i am only going so far up the tiers since I am a part time player. If the meta changes or power creep changes things, my grinds will be shorter.

I see. Well, you're not missing much in my opinion. Tiers 5-7 are the most enjoyable to me.

[FML]
Members
3,656 posts
14,584 battles

I see. Well, you're not missing much in my opinion. Tiers 5-7 are the most enjoyable to me.

I really liked the Cromwell. 

Members
360 posts

That's around where I think I will stop, have not decided yet. I don't have to get to tier 10 so I am never the lower tier. That part don't bother me at all, hell I even liked it when it was a 4 tier spread back in the day in WOT.

[WOLF5]
Members
862 posts
32,002 battles
  1. XP in co-op is always going to be low. The game is designed to reward PvP. Operations have changed that but you have to do #2 & #3 as well as win to do well in them. 
  2. Do more damage. Co-op is an all out brawl. If you don't do at least 200% quality damage (meaning 2x 100% of a ship), you're not going to do well. Remember XP is based on percentage of the ship damaged, not raw damage - you get more xp doing 5k damage to a dd than 5k on a bb. For PvP, the same paradigm applies, but you are rewarded more xp/credits for the equivalent damage. 
  3. Play the objectives. You still get bonuses for capping and defending. If you're playing operations, then make sure the secondary objectives are completed. 
  4. Have a higher kill/death ratio. Remember your job is to kill the enemy more than he kills you. That also means surviving so you can keep doing damage. 
  5. The mechanics have changed. Most ships can't fire with total immunity in smoke any more. Open water stealth firing is gone. AP bombs and Deep Water Torps have changed the game just like Hydro and Radar did. Adapt and overcome.
  6. As you go up in tiers, you should be doing more damage and earning more xp since the health pool of the fleet gets higher. Even though you should be earning higher XP for the same performance, it's still going to take you more games because the research costs increase as you go up in tiers. It's also designed to teach you the basics so that when you're in a T-VIII in a T-X match,  you can still perform. Learn when to shoot HE/AP, when you should push, kite or disengage, how to angle, map awareness. If you don't learn this then you're going to be the player that sits and camps in the back because you learned can't engage the reds without being deleted in the first 5 minutes of the game. 
  7. And here's the big one, if you want to progress faster, buy premium time. The game is Free-2-play but you can pay to progress faster. 

There are a few tiers where you just blow thru. T-IV and T-VII are very easy to progress thru. T-IV because you will only see T-V at most. T-VII because while you may see a T-IX match, you're just as likely to see T-V's. T-VIII, while it's the first time you get the concealment module, you're also more biased to be uptiered than be top tier. That's because for T-X matches, you have to have the ships, so T-VIII's get put into T-X matches more than they are top tier. T-VIII is likely to take the most number of games to grind thru. 

If you're going to play PvE mostly and are not willing to put money into the game, I'd recommend you play no higher than T-VII. That's the last tier where you can break even without premium time, reward camos and signal flags if you're average. If you're willing to spend money on premium time, purchase perm camo and/or economy flags which reduces your service cost and increases the credit payout, then you can play higher and not have to play lower tiers to fund your high tier ship grinds. 

We have players that play hundreds of games a month. By your own admission, you have played at most 20ish PA-DD games in 2 months. If they buff the XP as you request than those players that are active wouldn't have a challenge. This game is designed to keep people interested long term. It's not designed so the casual player can "finish." 

Edited by h9k_a

0 posts
10 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

I really liked the Cromwell. 

A little too fast for me (RoF). I liked the 7/1 though. It was nice to look at.

8 minutes ago, wildcat18 said:

That's around where I think I will stop, have not decided yet. I don't have to get to tier 10 so I am never the lower tier. That part don't bother me at all, hell I even liked it when it was a 4 tier spread back in the day in WOT.

Masochist?

Members
360 posts
4 minutes ago, Elegant_Winter said:

Masochist?

Nope, I like being challenged at times. The 4 tier spread was a challenge, when I felt like relaxing, I went and played arty (the purple killer) lol

Edited by wildcat18

[--K--]
Beta Testers
994 posts
11,339 battles
2 hours ago, shawnwyant said:

XP progression is not linear, the higher the tier the more XP required to get to the next ship. Winning games and doing things that contribute to a win can significantly increase your XP earnings. Doing next to nothing in a high tier game nets you ~200 base XP; being top 3 on your team and winning can regularly net you ~1000-1200+ base XP.  The game encourage skillful play and you can progress multiple times faster if you get better at the game. This is before premium time and flags are factored in. 

TL:DR, fastest way to progress is to git gud

Members
360 posts
9 minutes ago, NCC81701 said:

XP progression is not linear, the higher the tier the more XP required to get to the next ship. Winning games and doing things that contribute to a win can significantly increase your XP earnings. Doing next to nothing in a high tier game nets you ~200 base XP; being top 3 on your team and winning can regularly net you ~1000-1200+ base XP.  The game encourage skillful play and you can progress multiple times faster if you get better at the game. This is before premium time and flags are factored in. 

TL:DR, fastest way to progress is to git gud

I think you missed the point of the OP's post. He was ok with the Exp. he got from games at his skill level before any changes where made. His point was the changes made it longer for him.

Edited by wildcat18

[--K--]
Beta Testers
994 posts
11,339 battles
3 minutes ago, wildcat18 said:

I think you missed the point of the OP's post. He was ok with the Exp. he got from games at his skill level before any changes where made. His point was the changes made it longer for him.

That's the thing, there were no significant negative XP earning changes. What OP is attributed to as changes in XP progression is mostly confirmation bias from the fact that it takes longer for him to progress as he moved up in tiers. 

Members
360 posts
5 minutes ago, NCC81701 said:

That's the thing, there were no significant negative XP earning changes. What OP is attributed to as changes in XP progression is mostly confirmation bias from the fact that it takes longer for him to progress as he moved up in tiers. 

Not true, if you look up a few post, someone stated that the exp. gains for capping where reduced. So yes, exp. per game is less now.

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

I agree, base exp earnings, w/o any modifiers is pretty low (no camo, no premium, no flags, etc...) unless you a pretty good.  So if you dont have access to the boosters you need to player better to make up the difference.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,537 posts
10,372 battles

I take the odd ship into co-op when testing or grinding through a base hull and don't want to give up an advantage in randoms.  I don't apply any flags or consumables or bonuses of any kind.  I can still get 500 to 1000 XP for a win in co-op at T6.  Its not as high as randoms, but you are pretty much guaranteed a win, so you always have the win bonus.  In randoms, I use my flags and bonuses for max gain on XP.  Its easy to get 3k to 5k XP or higher per game.  Sometimes, if I have a really good game, I can get 8 to 10k in a game with bonuses.  I have never purchased flags, but I get quite a few in daily crates and through the many challenges WG gives us, and by playing the public test server when available.  

So, I can honestly state that it has never been easier to gain XP as it has been lately given all the free flags and camo available.  Even the base XP is more than adequate to quickly grind through a ship, especially the low tier ships.

Members
3,095 posts
12,105 battles
11 hours ago, shawnwyant said:

I just want to voice my opinion that the XP in the game has gotten worse...

:Smile_amazed:

JgUKQaP.jpg

Sign in to follow this