Sign in to follow this  
KeyWestVamp

Getting hit by teammate

8 comments in this topic

[GSL]
Members
6 posts

It seems like in every game I play I get slammed by a teammate. Sometimes before I load in. If it's their fault, why am I being charged for it? It's [edited]! And if they hit someone who is stopped, their fine should be much higher. Maybe they will learn to right click more often.

[GSL]
Members
6 posts

No, not pink. You just get charged, your fault or not.

So I complain about it to the other players and then report me for complaining and I get banned from chat. So [edited] it. i've taken to shooting the one who cost me points.

This game is so unfair!

[DKM]
Members
3 posts
6,399 battles

you complain about this ? ships are not easy things to maneuver, we bump into each other ALL the time.

[GSL]
Members
6 posts
17 hours ago, KZ3ro said:

you complain about this ? ships are not easy things to maneuver, we bump into each other ALL the time.

Dude, I just spawn in and I'm being hit. in EVERY match! If you can't go around a parked ship while moving slow, then you shouldn't be playing. AND why am I being charged for your stoopid mistakes?

You should be charged and I get the money and points

Members
11 posts
2,093 battles

If my understanding is correct, both players are penalized when they bump each other, you just see different messages in chat.

E.G. on X's screen, he sees that Y has caused damage to X's ship, and on Y's screen, he sees that X has caused damage to Y's ship.

Cant say for sure, but I don't recall ever seeing a positive amount of credits/XP for getting hurt by your teammates. Either way, as long as you do some acceptable amount of damage or capping, the fine is really negligible. Usually lose around 2k credits and like 40 XP for ramming a teammate. May make a bigger difference at higher tiers, I only recently unlocked my first T7

Members
31 posts
4,292 battles

Yes, people bump into each other all the time due to tunnel vision down their gun sights usually, sometimes tight quarters especially when everyone wants to get all clumped up together.  However there is a valid point to why is it a shared and equal fine, it can be frustrating at those times when you do everything to avoid the ship who just can' t seem to have any sort of situational awareness and no matter what maneveur you attempt to avoid it, the ship seems destined to just ram into you.  When it is a definite collision of the bow or stern of one ship that rams into you the offending vessel should take all of the fine and victim be reimbursed for it.  A little sideswipe could be anyone or at least would show there may have been an attempt to avoid it and you each eat the repair.

Sign in to follow this