You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Stauffenberg44

Prinz Eugen - artwork by Piotr Forkasiewicz

19 comments in this topic

Members
4,221 posts
9,697 battles

I bought her, and then sold her as my WR was so much higher on Hipper and I felt a bit conned buying her. But you have to admit, the Eugen has mystique...

5a84e6228eb99_PrinzEugen-PiotrForkasiewicz.thumb.jpg.c4c7292a11a262576b03cbe4b22b6765.jpg

• Cool 5

[PLDN]
Supertester
2,151 posts
6,568 battles

You sold a tier 8 premium ship?

Good artwork tho.

Members
4,221 posts
9,697 battles

There was a fair amount of rage about the Eugen when it was sold if you remember. I didn't react to that so much but for some reason my WR was radically lower in the Eugen than the Hipper so I impulse sold her and went back to the Hipper.

Members
3,679 posts
7,973 battles

I always loved Eugen too. From looks she's always a solid 9/10

I adore her and have tried my hands on replicating her deliberate stately beauty.

The result...leaves much to be desired.

Spoiler

gHxVuGs.jpg?2

• Cool 3

Members
4,221 posts
9,697 battles
2 minutes ago, The_first_harbinger said:

I always loved Eugen too. From looks she's always a solid 9/10

I adore her and have tried my hands on replicating her deliberate stately beauty.

The result...leaves much to be desired.

Hide contents

gHxVuGs.jpg?2

Hey I like that +1

Members
6,034 posts
7,048 battles
1 hour ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Oh btw... I sold her as I said, but I miss her.

You know you can open up a ticket with WG support and ask for them to give it back to you, right?

You get 4 of those a year. So long as you have the credit value of the ship on hand, and have played at least one battle in the ship, WG should have no problem crediting you with the ship again.

Members
4,221 posts
9,697 battles
14 hours ago, GhostSwordsman said:

You know you can open up a ticket with WG support and ask for them to give it back to you, right?

I didn't really as it was my decision to sell her and no "mistake" was made. Or?

Members
335 posts
6,385 battles
21 hours ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

I didn't really as it was my decision to sell her and no "mistake" was made. Or?

dude get your ship back!

[BS]
Members
1,964 posts
10,344 battles

Especially now considering that they're going to buff the Hipper/Eugen, look at the questions Octavian answered

[B2P]
Members
259 posts
7,041 battles
18 hours ago, HorrorRoach said:

Especially now considering that they're going to buff the Hipper/Eugen, look at the questions Octavian answered

Wait what really
Why
Eugen is pretty damn easy to me, she wipes RN CL off the face of the earth with her AP. Broadside BBs, 7-14k. Broadside CL and CA? 20-30k.  Pop plane, Pop hydro, load HE, move into a tight capture point and brawl. DDs won't be able to touch you due to the information network you setup yourself, and larger ships have to contend with dual triple torpedo launchers on each side. Aswell, with flags and a camo that boosts credits, 800-1 Million credits on wins. 

[BS]
Members
1,964 posts
10,344 battles
1 hour ago, Seniorious said:

Wait what really
Why
Eugen is pretty damn easy to me, she wipes RN CL off the face of the earth with her AP. Broadside BBs, 7-14k. Broadside CL and CA? 20-30k.  Pop plane, Pop hydro, load HE, move into a tight capture point and brawl. DDs won't be able to touch you due to the information network you setup yourself, and larger ships have to contend with dual triple torpedo launchers on each side. Aswell, with flags and a camo that boosts credits, 800-1 Million credits on wins. 

yeah, it's not a weak ship... look at my Eugan game Lord Zath recorded on youtube. I was kiting away from an Atago and citadeling him at 12-14km I think it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E5K_6x2pSI

That's why I'm betting they're not going to do a DPM buff, they'll give it a gimmick like Lo Yang hydro or something.

EJ

[PVE]
Members
11,226 posts
21,555 battles
8 hours ago, Seniorious said:

Wait what really
Why

Yeah, I don't get the upcoming buff for it either but to be honest I didn't get all the forum talk of the ships sucks either. I got it in a Santa crate and didn't play it for a while because so many dead pan it. I figured it was a turd and not any good so just had no desire to play the ship. Then I said screw it and threw my FDG Capt on so it had BFT/AFT/CE and took it for a spin and holy hell what a strong ship. 

PE has fast become one of my favorite Cruisers in the game. I am only to Yorck for KM Cruisers but if Hipper is the same I know I will love it. My lord the PE is super tough and can take on BB's 1v1 and live through it (well Co-op anyway). It bounces BB rounds like they are throwing skittles at you, the guns are great, the armor is great, the torps are great, it is fast enough to get by, the AA is darn good, etc... What in the heck is there to buff?

It also earns really well even in Co-op. I routinely make 400-450K for a good Co-op game running the +20% Zulu flag and the special perma camo with the credit boost (which looks awesome btw with the eagle pattern). No idea why anyone thinks it needs a buff?

[THREE]
Members
2,301 posts
12,376 battles

Hey

I kept both the Hipper and the Prinz Eugen; liked both, but they did need a little love considering they were never that strong in many ways but are just average.  Biggest thing is the changes will make them different from each other, which is a very good thing.  Maybe they will have their own personality/playstyle which will set them apart from each other.

Pete

[CAST]
Members
4,898 posts
3,416 battles

I love my Eugen. I never do terribly bad in her and I've been surprised how well she brawls up close. Her AP penetration is weak at range, but up close, she can rack up some crazy damage numbers.

She's getting a heal soon and I'm actually thinking she'll go from a bit underpowered to a bit overpowered. Not that I'm complaining as it'll just make one of my favorite cruisers stronger. And I loooove cruisers with a heal.

Members
4,415 posts
17,944 battles
On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 4:04 PM, KaptainKaybe said:

I love my Eugen. I never do terribly bad in her and I've been surprised how well she brawls up close. Her AP penetration is weak at range, but up close, she can rack up some crazy damage numbers.

She's getting a heal soon and I'm actually thinking she'll go from a bit underpowered to a bit overpowered. Not that I'm complaining as it'll just make one of my favorite cruisers stronger. And I loooove cruisers with a heal.

I like my PE but aint driven her much for a long time due to being endlessly bottom tiered against tier 10s. With a decent heal I might saddle her up and drive her again.

[THREE]
Members
2,301 posts
12,376 battles

Hey

I don't think even with a heal she with be OP but certainly better.  Hipper getting a ROF buff which is much needed.  They could have easily taken about 1-1.5km off the detection; that would have been more in-line with their competitors too.  The Buff's were certainly needed.

Pete