KadeshiSwarmer

Getting Chat Suspended for saying GL HF in chat?

13 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
6,012 battles

I was playing clan battles with my clan, at the beginning of the match I typed in GL HF in all chat. As soon as a i pressed enter i got message saying that i am chat suspened until February 17 2018. Wargaming Why?

image.png

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles

Probably because everyone on the enemy team all decided to report you for misbehavior in chat.  It's a major flaw in the in-game reporting system, in the opinion of many people.

[HINON]
Members
12,832 posts

You must have been reported by multiple people and chat banned. But being more than one day suspension this is either a repeat occurrence or you were manually reported to wg and they looked at the chat log and gave you the ban.

Members
1,397 posts
23,005 battles

I think wishing people to Get Listeria and Have Fungus would warrant such a response.

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
1 hour ago, KadeshiSwarmer said:

I was playing clan battles with my clan, at the beginning of the match I typed in GL HF in all chat. As soon as a i pressed enter i got message saying that i am chat suspened until February 17 2018. Wargaming Why?

image.png

i say it once i say it twice, the reporting system is broken. It so easy abuse on clan wars since all 7 can agree to get that guy block from chat and now he can't communicate with his team unless he using another system like discord. vent, TeamSpeak, etc... War gaming need to change this feature or have report get view by more people who check the reports?

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,774 posts
1 hour ago, 5D_Kitakami_Megatron said:

i say it once i say it twice, the reporting system is broken. It so easy abuse on clan wars since all 7 can agree to get that guy block from chat and now he can't communicate with his team unless he using another system like discord. vent, TeamSpeak, etc... War gaming need to change this feature or have report get view by more people who check the reports?

Yup other day  a clown   told me in chat I was reported for Sexual Misconduct using the  'Good Luck Fair Sea's Button':Smile_amazed::Smile_facepalm:

Edited by shadowsrmine

Members
3 posts
6,012 battles

Should I go to wargaming support? I don’t fancy the idea of not being able to communicate to my team in random battles 

Edited by KadeshiSwarmer

Members
30 posts
10,488 battles

I guess I am getting too old to deal with the likes of the younger players and their wussified ways. Why are people so sensitive to words written in plain text? I remember a time when it was normal to talk smack to your teammates and the opponents. It was all part of the fun, and now that fun has been stripped away in the name of political correctness and utter emotional immaturity of those offended. It is the personal choice of a person offended to be offended, otherwise they would not be offended. So, now we just continue to report and have people banned because others cannot handle being offended without seeking revenge.

Am I the only one that realized that the reporting system is being abused, and the computer doesn't discern what really took place in chat. It only reads how many complaints there are and relies on how it is programmed to respond...

• Cool 1

Members
30 posts
10,488 battles
3 minutes ago, Cooldaddyo said:
On 2/14/2018 at 9:26 PM, KadeshiSwarmer said:

Should I go to wargaming support? I don’t fancy the idea of not being able to communicate to my team in random battles 

There is no teamwork in random battles anymore. Just use the proper keys to ask for support, etc. Support won't help you!

[BGA]
Members
18 posts
3,636 battles

It really has become a thing. I came off a ban for 6 days and then within a day get a six month ban for merely calling out the team for being terrible that game. If that constitutes a chat suspension than I'll see WG in court. I played a full two years before ever being suspended in chat and within two days I get suspended for 6 months. No indication of which game it was as I didnt receive anything until the next time I had logged in after finishing my last game having said nothing. WG owes me a good explanation and point to a specific reason for banning me from chat for 6 months.The chat suspension stuff is getting out of hand. If it is threats fine but minor insults is such an absurd excuse for suspending people from chat.

• Cool 1