Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BarronRichthofen

Rant On

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

206
[DRHS]
Members
410 posts
18,375 battles

So just in a Match in my Graf Spee  Have a Cleveland  Broad Side at 6 KM. First salvo, 0 hits, Dispersion sends the round either in the water shy of him or over him. Second Salvo 1 hit for only 2700 to his superstructure, the rest are short or long AGAIN. 3rd salvo (over 1 min with this guy ignoring me at point plank range) 0 hits again. 

THIS is why I have a love /hate relationship with this game. 3 salvos, 18 round in total, 1 hit thanks to Dispersion. If this had been a Real Battle the gunners would have been SHOT for incompetence.1 Salvo I get, but 3. That's just a little too much for me today. I'm off to play something else for a while.

 

I've been in this type of situation many time in the past. Most of the time it results in a Dead (insert ship here). BB, CA, DD does not matter at 6km a Graf Spee should eat it for lunch. Apparently WoW's and RNG Jesus hate me today so I'm done for the day. I know WG has all the RNG to level the playing field between players. Can't have the people who can AIM winning all the matches. But that match was too much for even me to stomach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,069 posts
6,298 battles

If it was real gunners on real ships your hit average would be 2 hits out of 100 rounds! so your wrong....:cap_look:

  • Cool 3
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,622
[--K--]
Members
5,332 posts
16,779 battles

I once watched 9 180mm AP rounds from my Molotov over pen the broadside of a Leander who was at 6k from me. It was very frustrating. But than recently I Dev Struck an angled Omaha who was turning away from my Molotov with 5 Citadel hits. The lesson, RNG Giveth and RNG Doesn't give but We reload and fire again. 

:cap_cool:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
91 posts
6,315 battles

I hate it when I don't get fires in my rn bbs. Most frustrating thing ever when u shoot for 2 minutes and nothing happens.

Edited by neworleanssaintsfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,770
[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
25 minutes ago, BarronRichthofen said:

So just in a Match in my Graf Spee  Have a Cleveland  Broad Side at 6 KM. First salvo, 0 hits, Dispersion sends the round either in the water shy of him or over him. Second Salvo 1 hit for only 2700 to his superstructure, the rest are short or long AGAIN. 3rd salvo (over 1 min with this guy ignoring me at point plank range) 0 hits again. 

THIS is why I have a love /hate relationship with this game. 3 salvos, 18 round in total, 1 hit thanks to Dispersion. If this had been a Real Battle the gunners would have been SHOT for incompetence.1 Salvo I get, but 3. That's just a little too much for me today. I'm off to play something else for a while.

 

I've been in this type of situation many time in the past. Most of the time it results in a Dead (insert ship here). BB, CA, DD does not matter at 6km a Graf Spee should eat it for lunch. Apparently WoW's and RNG Jesus hate me today so I'm done for the day. I know WG has all the RNG to level the playing field between players. Can't have the people who can AIM winning all the matches. But that match was too much for even me to stomach. 

For what little it's worth, the Spee's guns seem to have pretty bad dispersion.  It's a definite downside to having such large guns on a cruiser.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,036
Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
17 minutes ago, Crucis said:

For what little it's worth, the Spee's guns seem to have pretty bad dispersion.  It's a definite downside to having such large guns on a cruiser.

This ^.  Spee hitting with most guns is rare. Her guns are Shotgun crap.  I have her. But when she does hit a Cruiser it's all good.  Just a dice roll much of the time in her. Odd ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,036
Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
16 minutes ago, bigalow87 said:

This is why i regret buying the spee, those guns piss me off more than any other....

But ya know she is still near the top in her tier!  Warships Today data.  Check it out. Some seem to really do well in her. Avoid BBs?  That my be it. Anything else she can kill real good if ya know how to play her. I reckon. Maybe. Torps are pretty dang good.  I need to try her again.  Got her but have not played her much.

Edited by dmckay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
613
[THREE]
Members
2,091 posts
10,560 battles
49 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

I once watched 9 180mm AP rounds from my Molotov over pen the broadside of a Leander who was at 6k from me. It was very frustrating. But than recently I Dev Struck an angled Omaha who was turning away from my Molotov with 5 Citadel hits. The lesson, RNG Giveth and RNG Doesn't give but We reload and fire again. 

:cap_cool:

Your shells didn't hit thick enough armor to arm, thus over-penning the citadel on leander. The Omaha angling away from, increased his armor thickness enough to arm you shells, resulting in dev strike.

Edited by Cpt_Cupcake
grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,036
Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
1 minute ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

Your shells didn't hit thick enough armor to arm, thus over-penning the citadel on leander. The Omaha angling away from, increased his armor thickness enough to arm you shells, resulting in dev strike.

Poor Omaha.  Bottom in her tier. Just too easily killed....I do think. I just had to sell her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
371 posts
13,104 battles
4 minutes ago, dmckay said:

But ya know she is still near the top in her tier!  Warships Today data.  Check it out. Some seem to really do well in her. Avoid BBs?  That my be it. Anything else she can kill real good if ya know how to play her. I reckon. Maybe. Torps are pretty dang good.  I need to try her again.  Got her but have not played her much.

I have done well in it, 60% win rate, descent avg damage, ect, just that every time i really needed the graf, it has let me down. I have no faith in it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,707 posts
10,662 battles
2 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Poor Omaha.  Bottom in her tier. Just too easily killed....I do think. I just had to sell her. 

i always feel bad farming cits in my DDs off the poor omaha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
613
[THREE]
Members
2,091 posts
10,560 battles
Just now, dmckay said:

Poor Omaha.  Bottom in her tier. Just too easily killed....I do think. I just had to sell her. 

Yep... protected MM really bottlenecked the T5. In fact, it seems that it bottlenecked a few other tiers as well...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,036
Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
26 minutes ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

Yep... protected MM really bottlenecked the T5. In fact, it seems that it bottlenecked a few other tiers as well...

T5 is weird.  Weird.  I got tier 5 Murmansk. Tuff azz cruiser with great guns but I always am fighting several ships 2 tiers higher when I play her. Tier 5 is "The Twilight Zone"........heh.  Boo hoo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,842
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 hour ago, BarronRichthofen said:

So just in a Match in my Graf Spee  Have a Cleveland  Broad Side at 6 KM. First salvo, 0 hits, Dispersion sends the round either in the water shy of him or over him. Second Salvo 1 hit for only 2700 to his superstructure, the rest are short or long AGAIN. 3rd salvo (over 1 min with this guy ignoring me at point plank range) 0 hits again. 

THIS is why I have a love /hate relationship with this game. 3 salvos, 18 round in total, 1 hit thanks to Dispersion. If this had been a Real Battle the gunners would have been SHOT for incompetence.1 Salvo I get, but 3. That's just a little too much for me today. I'm off to play something else for a while.

 

I've been in this type of situation many time in the past. Most of the time it results in a Dead (insert ship here). BB, CA, DD does not matter at 6km a Graf Spee should eat it for lunch. Apparently WoW's and RNG Jesus hate me today so I'm done for the day. I know WG has all the RNG to level the playing field between players. Can't have the people who can AIM winning all the matches. But that match was too much for even me to stomach. 

RNGESUS Has put the Smite in your day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
613
[THREE]
Members
2,091 posts
10,560 battles
1 minute ago, dmckay said:

T5 is weird.  Weird.  I got tier 5 Murmansk. Tuff azz cruiser with great guns but I always am fighting several ships 2 tiers higher when I play her. Tier 5 is "The Twilight Zone"........heh.  Boo hoo. 

Its happening to T8 as well. Create one bottleneck, get a few accidental ones for free. They should just get rid of protective MM IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×