Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
wildcat18

PVE Battles

14 comments in this topic

Members
360 posts

Been playing Tier 4 BB's in pve.  If you are topping the list and carrying some battles is that a good inclination that you doing your job right?

Members
360 posts
3 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yes

Cool, been trying some different things with BB's to see what works and what don't. One thing I have been working on a lot is bow tanking. I try to time it after the approaching BB fires, I swing out and get a few more guns in action then back to bow tank. Been working on another tactic with so so success but practice makes perfect I guess.

Members
59 posts
24 minutes ago, wildcat18 said:

Been playing Tier 4 BB's in pve.  If you are topping the list and carrying some battles is that a good inclination that you doing your job right?

Sadly yes. Unfortunately BB's have a singular role that can be transfered between both PvP and PvE. However, if you were to jump into PvP right now, you would notice many differences and a rather steep incline in difficulty. Bots and people play very differently Players will coordinate to attack you, Bots tend to ignore you if they have a closer target. Since BB's spend so much of their time on the edges of the maps and shooting long distances... well, you're often not a priority target for bots. Not to mention, bots have about the same accuracy as your average Storm Trooper. Just saying, as someone who spent their first 400 or so battles in Co-Op, what is "really good" vs bots, is somewhere around "just enough to get by" in PvP.

Members
360 posts
6 minutes ago, WickedRecluse said:

Sadly yes. Unfortunately BB's have a singular role that can be transfered between both PvP and PvE. However, if you were to jump into PvP right now, you would notice many differences and a rather steep incline in difficulty. Bots and people play very differently Players will coordinate to attack you, Bots tend to ignore you if they have a closer target. Since BB's spend so much of their time on the edges of the maps and shooting long distances... well, you're often not a priority target for bots. Not to mention, bots have about the same accuracy as your average Storm Trooper. Just saying, as someone who spent their first 400 or so battles in Co-Op, what is "really good" vs bots, is somewhere around "just enough to get by" in PvP.

You will not catch me on the outsides of the map launching shells from max range. I bow tank into the fight but try, I say try to watch out for friendly torps. Don't get me wrong, sometimes I pick the wrong area and most of the fight is on the other side of the map and it takes me awhile to get there.

Edited by wildcat18

Members
59 posts
6 minutes ago, wildcat18 said:

You will not catch me on the outsides of the map launching shells from max range. I bow tank into the fight but try, I say try to watch out for friendly torps. Don't get me wrong, sometimes I pick the wrong area and most of the fight is on the other side of the map and it takes me awhile to get there.

Well, Just take this bit of advice... Don't do that in PvP, you'll be dead within the first two minutes. What kind of BB are you using? German BB's typically have really good secondaries, which makes the close range brawling possible, and really fun, especially in PvE.

[PVE]
Members
11,245 posts
21,571 battles
17 minutes ago, WickedRecluse said:

Not picking a fight or starting anything here but want to comment on something you said which is not totally accurate. No idea of how many games you have in Co-op or how high you have gone as you have hidden your stats. I can only go by your comment which tells me you have only played low tier Co-op.

The accuracy of bots increases as you rise up in tiers and by around T5/T6 they are as accurate as any human and T8 and beyond more accurate than most humans. It is only at the lowest tiers, where people are new and learning, and WG doesn't want it so hard they get discouraged and quit, that the bots can be bad shots (partly because the guns are inaccurate anyway and partly setup that way). As you rise up though and play higher tiers they get more accurate. T8-T10 they never seem to miss no matter how much WASD you do. 

Low tier PVP is pretty bad unless there are seal clubbers in the game. Not a big leap skill wise until mid tiers. In my experience anyway. But overall you are right that it is harder vs humans than bots because humans are less predictable (usually). There is more thinking and strategy in PVP.  I have found hitting humans to really be the hard part of PVP vs PVE. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Members
360 posts
4 minutes ago, WickedRecluse said:

Well, Just take this bit of advice... Don't do that in PvP, you'll be dead within the first two minutes. What kind of BB are you using? German BB's typically have really good secondaries, which makes the close range brawling possible, and really fun, especially in PvE.

Been playing 4, Wyoming, Kaiser, Orion and Myogi

Members
59 posts

Not picking a fight or starting anything here but want to comment on something you said which is not totally accurate. No idea of how many games you have in Co-op or how high you have gone as you have hidden your stats. I can only go by your comment which tells me you have only played low tier Co-op.

The accuracy of bots increases as you rise up in tiers and by around T5/T6 they are as accurate as any human and T8 and beyond more accurate than most humans. It is only at the lowest tiers, where people are new and learning, and WG doesn't want it so hard they get discouraged and quit, that the bots can be bad shots (partly because the guns are inaccurate anyway and partly setup that way). As you rise up though and play higher tiers they get more accurate. T8-T10 they never seem to miss no matter how much WASD you do. 

Low tier PVP is pretty bad unless there are seal clubbers in the game. Not a big leap skill wise until mid tiers. In my experience anyway. But overall you are right that it is harder vs humans than bots because humans are less predictable (usually). There is more thinking and strategy in PVP.  I have found hitting humans to really be the hard part of PVP vs PVE. 

My highest tier so far is 8 in the USN cruiser line. I've still noticed fairly poor accuracy at higher tiers, and I frequently end up in t10 matches. Accuracy is much better than at lower tiers, but still rather bad... I mean, in comparison to the 10k+ battle PvPers that you'll find in the same tier. 

[PVE]
Members
11,245 posts
21,571 battles
1 minute ago, WickedRecluse said:

My highest tier so far is 8 in the USN cruiser line. I've still noticed fairly poor accuracy at higher tiers, and I frequently end up in t10 matches. Accuracy is much better than at lower tiers, but still rather bad... I mean, in comparison to the 10k+ battle PvPers that you'll find in the same tier. 

Hasn't been my experience but ok

[PVE]
Members
11,245 posts
21,571 battles
27 minutes ago, wildcat18 said:

You just need to learn the sweet spot of the tiers you will play at AND the ships you are in. As you rise up the tiers, be it Co-op or PVP, if you rush in 1st thing you will get focused and wrecked fast even in a BB. I commend you for not edge camping and for pushing up (I am the same way - nothing bugs me more than the second the game starts to see BB players turn right or left and head for the border).

You need to learn how to move up but to stay in the optimal medium'ish range (varies by tier but say 8-15km) and support your DD's and Cruisers as they move up to spot and contest caps. Be wary of torp ranges for DD's and such. In time you will learn when it is time to push in and be a bully and when it is best to pull back. Balls to the walls forward all the time doesn't work as you get higher and it will be even worse if you graduate to PVP.

Nothing HE spamming Cruiser players (human or bot LOL) like to see more than an overaggressive BB player too far forward early on. If you will do that be sure and pack some marshmallows for the fire LOL. 

Sounds like you are on the right track and doing well. Keep at it.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Members
360 posts

You just need to learn the sweet spot of the tiers you will play at AND the ships you are in. As you rise up the tiers, be it Co-op or PVP, if you rush in 1st thing you will get focused and wrecked fast even in a BB. I commend you for not edge camping and for pushing up (I am the same way - nothing bugs me more than the second the game starts to see BB players turn right or left and head for the border).

You need to learn how to move up but to stay in the optimal medium'ish range (varies by tier but say 8-15km) and support your DD's and Cruisers as they move up to spot and contest caps. Be wary of torp ranges for DD's and such. In time you will learn when it is time to push in and be a bully and when it is best to pull back. Balls to the walls forward all the time doesn't work as you get higher and it will be even worse if you graduate to PVP.

Nothing HE spamming Cruiser players (human or bot LOL) like to see more than an overaggressive BB player too far forward early on. If you will do that be sure and pack some marshmallows for the fire LOL. 

Sounds like you are on the right track and doing well. Keep at it.

I had to laugh when you said rush in with my BB. You should know by now the DD and CL will be ahead of me lol. It is always different depending how the battle goes but I have been having good success driving at the other BB and timing things so I can broadside him after he goes by then turn in behind him and finish him off. I am right around and slightly about a 10-1 destruction ratio with my BB's, so its working.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
2,897 posts
8,383 battles
35 minutes ago, WickedRecluse said:

You got it the other way around, there is nothing more terrifying than having a bot Yamato aim at you with those guns.

Unless of course you get close to it where it struggles to keep its turret aimed at you.

Members
59 posts
9 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

You got it the other way around, there is nothing more terrifying than having a bot Yamato aim at you with those guns.

Unless of course you get close to it where it struggles to keep its turret aimed at you.

Perhaps. It's actually been quite a while since I played co-op battles, having just played a few in my Atlanta and Belfast, yeah, they have pin point accuracy most of the time, especially with torps. NPC Atlanta drove right up next to me, landed all four torps lol, I was even predicting it like I would in a PvP match and started to move away ahead of time... still landed em.

Sign in to follow this