You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
alexf24

Seagal's departing!

152 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,557 posts
33,716 battles

Update 0.7.2

"Our collaboration with Steven Seagal ends with the release of Update 0.7.2. We're removing all mentions and depictions of Seagal are from the game, and replacing them with Commander John Doe, while also changing the Commander's portrait and removing the relevant animation from Missouri, and applying the standard U.S. voiceover to the new Commander. John Doe retains the same enhanced skills ("Expert Loader" and "Expert Marksman"), and keeps all Skill points earned with Seagal."

About time! We can get rid of the drunken voice.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 2

[--K--]
Members
6,634 posts
14,449 battles

This is a potentially sensitive topic, so don't be surprised if it gets locked..... :Smile_glasses:

But yeah, glad he's going

Edited by Ducky_shot

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,533 posts
12,810 battles

I'm glad him and his voice are departing.  I wish they had come up with a better name than John Doe.  It doesnt even have to be a historical name, but seriously?  John Doe?  You can do better WG.

Members
2,633 posts
4,262 battles

John Doe?  Thats...the best they can come up with? And come ON,  can we not at least get  unique voice actor for him?

[WOLF5]
Members
3,592 posts
3,816 battles
1 minute ago, Shipping_Forecast said:

Commander John Doe.  That's a little unimaginative.

More than a little.

It so bad, they have to be planning get a new special commander in his place in the near future.

I like how they put it as well. "our collaboration ends." No reasons, just termination.

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
3 minutes ago, Lillehuntrix said:

John Doe is pretty troll.  I was hoping for, you know, I.P. Freely or something.

Seymore Butts?

• Funny 1

Members
8 posts
270 battles

Help! After the new update 0.7.1.1 (I have the game on steam) I click launch to go into the game and every goes smoothly in till it says that i am not logged in and to create a username for new account. My Account name is PopWise and look.

image.thumb.png.1070a122fb35f2bdaaecae4f37f80192.png

image.thumb.png.ee7c0507d0254b9f3a25690f85dd9cc7.png

Please I need help! Love all feedback!

Thanks!

Edited by coolman5500
  • Meh 2

Members
8 posts
270 battles

Help! After the new update 0.7.1.1 (I have the game on steam) I click launch to go into the game and every goes smoothly in till it says that i am not logged in and to create a username for new account. My Account name is PopWise and look.

Thanks!

• Meh 1

Members
119 posts
527 battles
Just now, coolman5500 said:

Thanks!

yea mate wrong discussion area :D

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,596 posts
13,522 battles

Hmm, I kind of liked his voice for its uniqueness, even if it was crap acting. Good riddance, but will also be missed!

Members
119 posts
527 battles
Just now, coolman5500 said:

Sorry didnt mean to post twice but i really need help!

i think i explained this on the steam forums
it's an Issue between the steam login token and WoWs login in server

you have to wait until it's fixed :D

[--K--]
Members
6,634 posts
14,449 battles
1 minute ago, coolman5500 said:

Sorry didnt mean to post twice but i really need help!

Submit a support ticket to WG. We aren't technical support

[SEOP]
Members
1,555 posts
8,233 battles
8 minutes ago, Palladia said:

John Doe?  Thats...the best they can come up with? And come ON,  can we not at least get  unique voice actor for him?

Jane Doe?

Members
2,633 posts
4,262 battles
1 minute ago, Dr_Dirt said:

Jane Doe?

Might be worth it if we got a female American captain.  I mean they may be anime but at least IJN gets some female captains.

Then again I think that might be a bit to far outside of the realm of historical accuracy so it probably ain't gonna happen.

Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles
1 minute ago, Palladia said:

Might be worth it if we got a female American captain.  I mean they may be anime but at least IJN gets some female captains.

Then again I think that might be a bit to far outside of the realm of historical accuracy so it probably ain't gonna happen.

Historical accuracy done sailed to J10 with all my team's battleships.  Would be fine with me.

Failing that, it would be lovely to have more historical captains.  But I assume there are Reasons (legal, licensing) why that is difficult.

Failing that, this sounds like a good time for a Name the Captain Formerly Known as Steven Seagal contest.  Benedict Cumberbatch!  Engelbert Humperdinck!  Oh, wait, both are real people.

• Funny 2

Members
119 posts
527 battles
1 minute ago, Lillehuntrix said:

Historical accuracy done sailed to J10 with all my team's battleships.  Would be fine with me.

Failing that, it would be lovely to have more historical captains.  But I assume there are Reasons (legal, licensing) why that is difficult.

Failing that, this sounds like a good time for a Name the Captain Formerly Known as Steven Seagal contest.  Benedict Cumberbatch!  Engelbert Humperdinck!  Oh, wait, both are real people.

i can see all nations getting a historical captain but i have little hope for germany *mostly becasue all of the ships captains where nazis*

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,533 posts
12,810 battles
2 minutes ago, Cruiser_BelfastKai said:

i can see all nations getting a historical captain but i have little hope for germany *mostly becasue all of the ships captains where nazis*

Use a WW1 officer.  Problem solved.

• Cool 2

Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles

I still think forming a partnership with Erika Eleniak to replace Seagal would've been better on all fronts.  Not that any sort of partnership with Erika Eleniak could be bad.

• Funny 1

Members
260 posts
4,076 battles

Too bad Ricardo Montalban passed on; mixing enraged Khan lines with WoWS seems appropriate given the rather naval-like combat in Star Trek 2.

Ah, well. John Doe is rather... generic, to put it mildly.

• Cool 1