Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Famous_and_Historical

What characteristics do your favorite ships have?

23 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
91 posts
6,336 battles

I started this thread because after 40 battles in the Monarch, I realized what it was missing and why I despise this ship. You can't punish people who make stupid mistakes. If a BB shows you their broadside, you can't punish them with AP because it is godawful. The fire chance is so low that you cant set fires with every good salvo. If you force your target to use their damage control, it may be a minute until you get another fire. Or it might not happen until they have their consumable back up. I also found the accuracy to be so awful that I couldn't consistently punish cruisers and DDs. The Monarch is a spineless ship that doesn't pose a threat to any particular class and can't capitalize on good opportunities. The Alabama and North Carolina are two ships that I am particularly effective with, and the reason for this is their ability to be opportunistic and punish people heavily for their mistakes. The Des Moines is my most played ship, and it is effective because it can counter any ship class in the game if played properly. What characteristics make a ship effective? Can a ship be effective without being particularly threatening to a specific class?

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,119 posts
15,208 battles

I like ships that can if played correctly have the most impact on the game. If I think my team is making a mistake and the ship I am in can fix it then I like it. If I feel like I am completely at the mercy of the team then I like it less.

Having said that I have 210 ships in port so......

[4HIM]
Members
2,910 posts
11,281 battles
Just now, paradat said:

I have 210 ships in port so......

You're a hoarder.... :Smile_teethhappy:

But I like maneuverability and decent guns.  Bonus if you don't have to switch between AP & HE all the time.  

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,119 posts
15,208 battles
2 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

You're a hoarder.... :Smile_teethhappy:

But I like maneuverability and decent guns.  Bonus if you don't have to switch between AP & HE all the time.  

I prefer the term prepper. 

Interesting comment about the Ammo For me it is a bonus if the AP and HE are both viable. 

[SEALZ]
Members
744 posts
7,781 battles

I like ships that are tough but don’t trade toughness for firepower. Also I like ships that reward you for smart usage of ammo. The German cruiser line is in my opinion a great example of this.

[4HIM]
Members
2,910 posts
11,281 battles
Just now, paradat said:

Interesting comment about the Ammo For me it is a bonus if the AP and HE are both viable. 

If either are viable, you're not forced to switch all the time.  But yeah.  It's why I rarely play the Duca D'Aosta.  Its HE is almost useless.  Not much of a reason to use HE.  

Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles
39 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

Generally speaking, speed.

Ding!

It's very difficult for me not to have fun playing the Leningrad or Kiev.

Members
995 posts
1,871 battles

I like ships that can take a beating and hurt other ships back(so basically I like dreadnoughts) My favorite ship is the Arizona for this reason. I take a fire fighting build for it and I love it until I face a tier VIII CV

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,596 posts
13,513 battles
27 minutes ago, Harv72b said:

Ding!

It's very difficult for me not to have fun playing the Leningrad or Kiev.

I'll third this.

I like the ones that float too, though.

[_ARP_]
Members
757 posts
34,862 battles

I love battleships with great aa and secondaries, as well as dds with decent aa 

I love the groz for that reason :cap_like:

I'm hoping to get BB France soon  :3

Idk if I could,  tho,  cuz real life issues.   :cap_fainting:

Members
744 posts
4,946 battles

My favorite ships in this game are my Battleships.

Most damage I have ever done: Battleships (Großer Kurfürst [144,439])

Only Krakens I have are in a Battleship: (Scharnhorst [2])

Now, my ONE Solo Warrior is in a Mikhail Kutuzov (which was a heck of a game too [141,641]), but generally I am a Battleship person.  The only thing I don't really get all that much are carriers.  Though, I am learning.

Missouri, Alabama, Großer Kurfürst, Bismarck, Tirpitz, Scharnhorst, Arizona, Warspite, Nelson, Kii, October Revolution, Kongo, Giulio Cesare...  MAN I loves me my Battleships!  And I have SO MANY MORE!

~B

[4HIM]
Members
2,910 posts
11,281 battles
1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

They Float longer.

41 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I mostly like the ones that float.

14 minutes ago, pikohan said:

I like the ones that float too, though.

Wait..........they FLOAT!

• Funny 1

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,596 posts
13,513 battles
Just now, ZARDOZ_II said:

Wait..........they FLOAT!

Well, sometimes they do. If you're really good, they'll float a little longer.

[4HIM]
Members
2,910 posts
11,281 battles
3 minutes ago, pikohan said:

Well, sometimes they do. If you're really good, they'll float a little longer.

oh-i-see.jpg

Alpha Tester
6,244 posts
3,091 battles

The NC, Colorado, and Warspite my three favourite ships and my three statistically best, have powerful, relatively accurate guns that reward proper aim and mistakes by the enemy team. When angled, they are tough as nails, allowing you to pump shots into anyone who dares cross you. The first two's secondaries aren't awful, but definitely not great, though the Warspite has very strong secondaries. Their AA, on the other hand, is god-tier, while oppositely the Warspite's AA is rather weak. As for DDs, the Blyskawica's guns and speed make her my girl.

Sign in to follow this