You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

Co op. Mains?

76 comments in this topic

Members
828 posts
6,368 battles

To people who mainly play co-op and arent new to the game....why do you play it? The game mode is super easy, provide little exp and you don't get the fun of killing humans on the red team. I Just don't see the point of coop other than trying to get easy wins for some mission.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 10

Members
21 posts
1,744 battles

I played the co-op games for my French container games, and I would assume it's because of how easy it is to wreck the bots. Some people get their kicks out of absolutely destroying puny, non-resistant ai :P

[HINON]
Members
12,832 posts

You could just use the search to read all the countless threads on this topic of why people play coop. This usually just starts an argument between PVE mains and PVP mains but perhaps that is your intent?

• Cool 3

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,595 posts
13,501 battles

Relaxing and I can do it when I'm actually supposed to be working on some other thing but it doesn't need my undivided attention.

Members
4,415 posts
17,974 battles

The bots are great for venting one's frustrations after being endlessly WTFPWND in Randoms.

Members
558 posts
362 battles
28 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

To people who mainly play co-op and arent new to the game....why do you play it? The game mode is super easy, provide little exp and you don't get the fun of killing humans on the red team. I Just don't see the point of coop other than trying to get easy wins for some mission.

A false sense of accomplishment is what the troll in me would say :Smile_hiding:

In the end who cares, to each their own. If people prefer the FarmVille version let them enjoy it.:Smile_hiding:

• Meh 7

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles

I agree with Cluch_Cargo and RipNUN2 that y'all seem to be trolling. But I will answer your question in the expectation that you are not trolling.

12 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

For me it is stress and I like to be too aggressive for PvP. People lose their [bleep] when you mess up in PvP or God Forbid, don't play the way they want you to play. That is stress I don't need, so I mainly play PvE. I have been working on the aggressiveness, but sit and shoot is annoying to me. I find PvE more fun and relaxed. If that island keeps ramming me, we all laugh it off. If I have a bad day and can't hit water, it is no big deal in PvE, but grounds for excommunication in PvP. Here is a game we played together on Feb 12th, 2018, so it is not like I don't play PvP at all. I was in the MO. https://replayswows.com/replay/16989#stats

8 minutes ago, OogwayT said:

I played the co-op games for my French container games, and I would assume it's because of how easy it is to wreck the bots. Some people get their kicks out of absolutely destroying puny, non-resistant ai :P

Yeah, the bots are easier than players, but so what? They don't whine or complain or stat shame. The games are fast and quick and you have to attack or miss out. I'm not hurting anyone in PvP by playing PvE, especially as I support the game. So what is the big deal, if I want to play PvE over PvP? PvP players kept talking that I should put on big boy pants and play PvP to get Yamamoto and I said that with the 40k XP and 3M credit missions, the Yamamoto campaign is not that hard to do in PvP. So I have been holding my nose at T8/9 PvP and playing it. No big deal and my WR in PvP has actually gone up since Nov 2017. Go figure.

3 minutes ago, Ruthless4u said:

A false sense of accomplishment is what the troll in me would say :Smile_hiding:

In the end who cares, to each their own. If people prefer the FarmVille version let them enjoy it.:Smile_hiding:

Yeah, you are trolling, but to each their own.

• Cool 2

Members
558 posts
362 battles
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Yeah, you are trolling, but to each their own.

Well I can't behave all the time, gotta to troll a little.

No real malice behind it.

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
3 minutes ago, Ruthless4u said:

:Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,116 posts
15,192 battles
49 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

I am a Random Main. I do see the appeal Coop is fun and relaxing.

Coop is to Random as Random is to Ranked.

• Cool 2

[4HIM]
Members
2,908 posts
11,225 battles

It is relaxing to play from time to time.  I'm no PvE main, but I can see the fun factor in it.  It's also a good mode for trying out a new bote you've just unlocked.  Operations are also a lot of fun and have a decent payout to boot.  

• Cool 1

Members
824 posts
9,470 battles

I usually only play co-op when grinding modules on a new ship or retraining a commander on that ship.  That way I do not subject a random team to a less-than fully functional teammate.  Or less fully functional than I am even with a fully worked up ship.  ;-)

And has been pointed out by many folks, the co-op players tend to be much less aggro than many random players.  Case in point, I had a random battle just this morning in my Cleveland where a "teammate" just raged on and on in chat about how terrible we were, noob this and noob that...  He died and we won, so sweet revenge, though too bad he gets to share in the win.

Edited by Mono_De_Mantequilla

Members
828 posts
6,368 battles
14 minutes ago, paradat said:

Coop is to Random as Random is to Ranked.

thats a good explanation. i guess i can understand it better now lol.

• Cool 1

Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
1 hour ago, _Dracarys said:

Killing bots can be just as fun, it depends on the circumstances, the ships, and whether or not you also play PVP.

I personally find PVE to be less stressful, but PVP provides more "epic" moments. Like when, earlier this evening in my Arizona, I took on a Lyon, a Graf Spee, and a Mahan by myself, sinking all but the destroyer (which managed to sink me). We lost that one, but the fact I was able to hang on for so long against such odds was something of a vindication.

Members
59 posts
1 hour ago, _Dracarys said:

When I first started playing, that's all I played. Nothing but Co-Op. I did so because, at the time, I wasn't willing to play enough, to learn enough, to get good enough to play competitively. Like people who know they have really bad internet and computers, I knew I would be nothing but a burden to players who did want to play competitively, which is another reason I didn't play PvP... Something I wish those people would stop doing because they do nothing but screw over their team. I enjoyed the game for just hopping on and playing a few casual matches with a friend, and then went off to do something else. Not everyone likes competitive play, but likes the idea, or the foundation of the game presented to them. For example, EVE Online, I absolutely love everything about that game, from top to bottom... except the other players, and the forced PvP, which is why I don't play it anymore. I'm typically a casual player, not a competitive one. I like to have fun and enjoy a game, not get frustrated because everyone else is so much better than me. 

[NCBL]
Members
127 posts
4,862 battles

I have a co-worker that plays almost exclusively co-op...He has more tier Xs than anyone I know. Got MO without spending a cent. That is a level of tediousness I do not understand. Or maybe he is having a blast and that's my problem. I am too competitive and I don't just play purely out of fun. I know I sure can get salty sometimes.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

Several reasons why I play...

1: The bots aren't afraid to get in close and brawl

2: The bots dont use stupid mechanics like bow camping

3: The bots dont sit behind an island and spam HE at me

4: The bots dont scream or rage or throw temper tantrums in chat or actively try to team kill me because I "took their kill"

So basically, this is a troll post, and pve is more enjoyable because the bots dont highly abuse the meta.

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
11,264 posts
21,679 battles

I will regret getting involved but here we go...:Smile_facepalm:

I play it because it is fun for me. I do not find Random/PVP fun. That is the simple answer.

The more complicated one is I actually find the way far too many act in Random offensive. I don't tolerate that kind of language and such IRL and I for darn sure won't tolerate it in a game I am playing to have fun in. Just look at all the posts on this forum and on reddit where people talk about the stuff that goes on in chat if you want to tell me it isn't that bad or often. Yes it is. It is in more games than not.  You see some of that in Co-op but no where near as much.

The other main reason is Random is too much like a hybrid game of chess, hide-n-seek, and peak-a-boo played with gun ships for me. Find a spot, usually behind an island, and sit there lobbing shells at the distant enemy and wait for the other side to come out from their hiding spot. Not every game is like this but too many are for my taste.  Co-op is more arcade game like as you know the bots are coming and it will be a playground brawl. Running for the edge of the map or the nearest island ensures a poor game or even a loss in Co-op. You need to fight from the get go. 

I play Co-op because it fits more with how I like the game to go. It's an in your face, shoot them before they shoot you, battle to the death from the get go, and there will be blood LOL. I also find the behavior of "most" in there to be more agreeable. The people in there, as Kiz said above, for the most part don't care if you screw up, they laugh and have fun, and even stay on after dying to cheer you on and offer help. It's a totally different atmosphere than PVP where for far too many their very lives seem to hinge on the game's outcome. Even when people do get upset over bad play rather than the swearing and insults they usually try and help the person (initially) in Co-op.

The game is still the game no matter which mode you play in. It's the same ships, the same armor, the same shells, the same rules, etc... The difference is in PVP you face human opponents (which is harder) and in Co-op you face bots (which is easier but still can be challenging - try facing 5-6 bots alone and tell me it is easy). It is the different/more friendly atmosphere, and more aggressive game play,  in Co-op that attracts me. Actually, I have never been a fan of PVP games of any type tbh and mainly it is because of how people act (which is poorly). It is not just WOWS.

I have ground 2 lines to T10, 3 others to T9, have a few others at T7/T8, I have got a 19pt Capt and 2 others to 17, and I have got Missouri and Musashi. I did that in about a year. I  just earned all 4 of the French BB's and the French Capt via the recent event. All of the above as a Co-op main. I don't mind the slower grind and the lower rewards (credit and XP). As long as I can play Co-op and stay solvent (actually I do ok credit wise), earn any ship I want, etc... it is all I need. I gladly spend on the game (camo, flags, doubloons, premium ships, etc...) and support it. Just have no desire to play PVP.

This is an honest explanation in direct response to the OP's question. No offense is intended to any PVP players. I just don't like PVP.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 7

Members
59 posts
5 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I will regret getting involved but here we go...:Smile_facepalm:

I play it because it is fun for me. I do not find Random/PVP fun. That is the simple answer.

The more complicated one is I actually find the way far too many act in Random offensive. I don't tolerate that kind of language and such IRL and I for darn sure won't tolerate it in a game I am playing to have fun in. Just look at all the posts on this forum and on reddit where people talk about the stuff that goes on in chat if you want to tell me it isn't that bad or often. Yes it is. It is in more games than not.  You see some of that in Co-op but no where near as much.

Random is like a hybrid game of chess, hide-n-seek, and peak-a-boo played with gun ships. Find a spot, usually behind an island, and sit there lobbing shells at the distant enemy and wait for the other side to come out from their hiding spot. Not every game is like this but too many are for my taste.  Co-op is more arcade game like as you know the bots are coming and it will be a playground brawl. Running for the edge of the map or the nearest island ensures a poor game or even a loss in Co-op. You need to fight from the get go. 

I play Co-op because it fits more with how I like the game to go. It's in your face shoot them before they shoot you, to the death, and there will be blood LOL. I also find the behavior of "most" in there to be more agreeable. The people in there, as Kiz said above, for the most part don't care if you screw up, they laugh and have fun, and even stay on after dying to cheer you on and offer help. It's a totally different atmosphere than PVP where to far too many their very lives seem to hinge on the game's outcome. Even when people do get upset over bad play rather than the swearing and insults they usually try and help the person.

The game is still the game no matter which mode you play in. It's the same ships, the same armor, the same shells, the same rules, etc... The difference is in PVP you face human opponents (which is harder) and in Co-op you face bots (which is easier but still can be challenging - try facing 5-6 bots alone and tell me it is easy). It is the different/more friendly atmosphere, and more aggressive game play,  in Co-op that attracts me. I have never been a fan of PVP games of any type. It is not just WOWS.

I have ground 2 lines to T10, 3 others to T9, have a few others at T7/T8, I have got a 19pt Capt and 2 others to 17, and I have got Missouri and Musashi. I did that in about a year. I  just earned all 4 of the French BB's and the French Capt via the recent event. All of the above as a Co-op main. I don't mind the slower grind and the lower rewards (credit and XP). As long as I can play Co-op and stay solvent (actually I do ok credit wise), earn any ship I want, etc... it is all I need. I gladly spend on the game (camo, flags, doubloons, premium ships, etc...) and support it. Just have no desire to play PVP.

This is an honest explanation in direct response to the OP's question. No offense is intended to any PVP players. I just don't like PVP.

See. this right here. The fact that you have to tip toe around PvPers so as to not "offend " any... this is why I don't like PvP. I'm a casual gamer, and I game casually. PvPers are min maxers and seem to hate anyone that doesn't see their point of view, and the really hardcore ones will take advantage of any exploit available just to get the edge. Your also a coward, a care bear, a scrub, a noob and so on, if you don't play PvP... this is why I typically avoid PvP. However, I have done some PvP grinding for faster XP gain, especially at lower tiers, it's actually kind of fun, mix between bots and players, but even easier because most of the players are brand new and don't know anything really. 

• Cool 3

Members
360 posts
2 hours ago, _Dracarys said:

I will give you the short version.  It's None of your business.

Edited by wildcat18
  • Cool 2

[A-D-F]
Members
1,134 posts
9,452 battles
1 hour ago, Ruthless4u said:

Good answer.

1 hour ago, Vader_Sama said:

Because secondary builds becomes fun.

Got Derpitz from a crate this Christmas, no real interest in playing it. This sounds worth a try for ships and giggles.

1 hour ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

Killing bots can be just as fun, it depends on the circumstances, the ships, and whether or not you also play PVP.

I personally find PVE to be less stressful, but PVP provides more "epic" moments. Like when, earlier this evening in my Arizona, I took on a Lyon, a Graf Spee, and a Mahan by myself, sinking all but the destroyer (which managed to sink me). We lost that one, but the fact I was able to hang on for so long against such odds was something of a vindication.

^This. When your A game isn't materializing; it has fewer screeching beta's, fewer tweeners who just discovered cursing & realize that no one on here can 'tell their mom'. There's just a lot less of "that which aids plant growth" in general.