You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MutsuKaiNi

WG just admit you screwed up

61 comments in this topic

Members
333 posts
10,811 battles

Pan Asian DDs, Asashio, Graf Zepp, what do all these things have in common, they are meant to counter the BB heavy meta. However we have this meta because Weegee nerfed the IJN DDs into the ground and thus the greatest BB counter became far less of a threat. Now they are trying these gimmick ships as damage control. Perhaps the better idea would be, oh I don't know...

UN-NERF THE IJN DDS!!!!

Edited by MutsuKaiNi
  • Cool 18
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 3

[RLGN]
Members
13,516 posts
23,581 battles

Who knows... How I play IJN DDs hasn’t really changed since the nerf...

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
8,047 battles
9 minutes ago, MutsuKaiNi said:

UN-NERF THE IJN DDS!!!!

cow.gif.9e4d01580ca0b8152fa1aed5fba90a5b

Wargaming nerfed the IJN DDs for a reason, and data has shown they are still doing fine so there is no need to un-nerf them. Also Asahio and Graf Zepplin are still in testing, why can nobody understand that? and Pan Asian DDs can be countered easily;

1. Hydro

2. Sail with other ships

3. f4ux6moi.gif

• Cool 1
  • Meh 3

Members
333 posts
10,811 battles
6 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Wargaming nerfed the IJN DDs for a reason, and data has shown they are still doing fine so there is no need to un-nerf them. Also Asahio and Graf Zepplin are still in testing, why can nobody understand that? and Pan Asian DDs can be countered easily;

1. Hydro

2. Sail with other ships

3. f4ux6moi.gif

I understand that, but for a line that has awful guns and is this almost entirely torp focused, having torps that are spotted from the moon is a big problem, Gearing and Fletcher, which have far superior guns also have arguably superior torps to Shima and Yuugumo. 

How is this fair at all...

Edited by MutsuKaiNi

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
8,047 battles
1 minute ago, MutsuKaiNi said:

How is this far at all...

Damage, speed and stealth "balance" that out. Or you can think of it another way as prof. Snape stated;

tenor.gif?itemid=4932150

Not saying that you are wrong, it is definitely not fair, but in the end unless data says otherwise Wargaming is not going to change their minds.

• Meh 1

[--K--]
[--K--]
Members
4,223 posts
19,227 battles

I know some still play the Japanese Destroyers but after the Nerf I haven't played them since and they used to be my favorite

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts

I can't tell ya how many times me and my DD division was in matchmaking que only to see like:

2 carriers

50 or more battleships

15 cruisers

10 or less destroyers

Members
333 posts
10,811 battles
5 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Damage, speed and stealth "balance" that out. Or you can think of it another way as prof. Snape stated;

tenor.gif?itemid=4932150

Not saying that you are wrong, it is definitely not fair, but in the end unless data says otherwise Wargaming is not going to change their minds.

I have a clanmate who is a top Shima player and even now she has given up on her, she plays YueYang now because it does Shima's job better and can actually protect herself from other DDs. If WG won't fix the IJN torps then they need a gun buff... badly!

Members
1,438 posts
8,824 battles
15 minutes ago, MutsuKaiNi said:

I understand that, but for a line that has awful guns and is this almost entirely torp focused, having torps that are spotted from the moon is a big problem, Gearing and Fletcher, which have far superior guns also have arguably superior torps to Shima and Yuugumo. 

How is this fair at all...

Gearing and Fletcher do not have superior torpedoes to Shimakaze.  Having 50% more torpedoes that each do 33% more damage and are a knot faster easily makes up for the 0.3 km difference in detection range, which amounts to a whopping 1.5 seconds of extra time to react.

People always treat that 1.5 seconds like it's a huge difference.  "IJN torpedoes are spotted from the moon!"  No they aren't.  It's not a big difference.  Given the rudder shift times on high-tier BB's and CA's, and the fact that Shimakaze has an entire 3rd quintuple launcher to cover a much bigger arc, scoring torpedo hits is no more difficult in the Shimakaze than the Fletcher and Gearing (and yes, I have several hundred games between those 3 ships so I am speaking from experience.)  You can even check Warships Today, which currently reports that the Shimakaze outdamages the Gearing over the last 2 weeks, and it's sure not doing that with its guns.  My personal stats also show higher average damage in the Shimakaze.

The only way that the longer spotting range on IJN torpedoes is really detrimental is when you're trying to torpedo enemy DD's (which are actually nimble enough to dodge given an extra 1.5 seconds of warning) or that they are more likely to be spotted by screening DD's or aircraft on the way to the target.  A high-tier BB with an 18-second rudder shift isn't going to dodge a properly aimed spread unless they are spotted by some kind of screen.

Edited by Vaidency
  • Cool 4

Members
9,915 posts
13,288 battles
2 minutes ago, MutsuKaiNi said:

I have a clanmate who is a top Shima player and even now she has given up on her, she plays YueYang now because it does Shima's job better and can actually protect herself from other DDs. If WG won't fix the IJN torps then they need a gun buff... badly!

PADD cannot torp other DDs,,, and other DDs mostly outgun them save IJN (not including the rail gun Akizuki PADD hunter)
They are good, but not THAT good

[CAG-1]
Members
1,872 posts
2 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

IJN torp problems???

NOPE

84YF0RH.jpg

Don't confuse dumb luck with Murphys Law... 10 torp hits and 2 kills? Coincidence. Not the norm...

Edited by ElectroVeeDub
  • Cool 1

Members
9,915 posts
13,288 battles
1 minute ago, Vaidency said:

Gearing and Fletcher do not have superior torpedoes to Shimakaze.  Having 50% more torpedoes that each do 33% more damage and are a knot faster easily makes up for the 0.3 km difference in detection range, which amounts to a whopping 1.5 seconds of extra time to react.

People always treat that 1.5 seconds like it's a huge difference.  "IJN torpedoes are spotted from the moon!"  No they aren't.  It's not a big difference.  Given the rudder shift times on high-tier BB's and CA's, and the fact that Shimakaze has an entire 3rd quintuple launcher to cover a much bigger arc, scoring torpedo hits is no more difficult in the Shimakaze than the Fletcher and Gearing (and yes, I have several hundred games between those 3 ships so I am speaking from experience.)  You can even check Warships Today, which currently reports that the Shimakaze outdamages the Gearing over the last 2 weeks, and it's sure not doing that with its guns.  My personal stats also show higher average damage in the Shimakaze.

The only way that the longer spotting range on IJN torpedoes is really detrimental is when you're trying to torpedo enemy DD's (which are actually nimble enough to dodge given an extra 1.5 seconds of warning) or that they are more likely to be spotted by screening DD's or aircraft on the way to the target.  A high-tier BB with an 18-second rudder shift isn't going to dodge a properly aimed spread.

n8NeJj2.jpg

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,715 posts
12,271 battles
20 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Wargaming nerfed the IJN DDs for a reason, and data has shown they are still doing fine so there is no need to un-nerf them.

Gearing and Shima are both in desperate need of attention. Use 2 week stats. Not all time. 

There is a reason WG gave the PADDs 7 minutes of permasmoke, because the current bloom mechanics broke 5"/38 armed ships. On top of the problems IJN DDs continue to face. 

German and Russian are the only DDs worth playing currently. 

Members
9,915 posts
13,288 battles
11 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Don't confuse dumb luck with Murphys Law... 10 hits on 2 ships? Coincidence. Not the norm...

I never have much of a problem getting 5 or so hits a game when I do play the Kag Yugo or the Akizuki....
I dont think the issue is as big as the OP is making it... the IJN DDs dont have a problem getting the job done, as long as YOU DO YOUR JOB

they still have good stats for damage and torpedos, and we knew from DAY ONE the guns are meh.....

I do seem to think people are getting tired of this dead horse topic that IJN DDs are broken... the work just fine for me

Edited by pmgaudio

Members
9,915 posts
13,288 battles
4 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

Gearing and Shima are both in desperate need of attention. Use 2 week stats. Not all time. 

There is a reason WG gave the PADDs 7 minutes of permasmoke, because the current bloom mechanics broke 5"/38 armed ships. On top of the problems IJN DDs continue to face. 

I am curious to what the FLETCHER stats are compared to the gearing.. I find that is is a much better ship toer for tier and skills for skills... the Gearing is more of a side grade than an UPgrade...

Members
1,651 posts
19,186 battles
17 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

I can't tell ya how many times me and my DD division was in matchmaking que only to see like:

2 carriers

50 or more battleships

15 cruisers

10 or less destroyers

Lol i see those types of ques all the time.   But when the match starts there are 5 dd per side, No CV, 3  radar Cruisers and 4 BB

[STW-D]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,194 posts
15,466 battles

I didn’t grind IJN until 2017, so I missed all the complaints/etcz I am fine how they are now, but never really had a problem facing hem before the nerf.

Members
116 posts
13,753 battles
35 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

The painful truth is that this is only true for those that can't (or won't) adjust their play style to the current game mechanics and capabilities of the ship being driven.   I'm an average player on my best days but still do well with all the DDs.  Doing well is not just reflected in damage done or kills made but in contesting caps, spotting targets, screening against opfor DDs/torps.    When I don't do well its attributed to my own play (I revert to potato mode) or superior coordination by the opfor...   not because of a problem with the ship or it's weapons systems.    

*gets ready to duck the incoming brickbats*

Edited by ReddWolfz
  • Cool 1