Jump to content
admiral_noone

Payment errors with prepaid card

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

27
[STA_]
Members
309 posts
2,380 battles

I have a problem with prepaid cards, where after I make a purchase using the cards, when I try to make another purchase soon after, I simply get a payment error and when I get a list of options, the credit card option disappears. I tried submitting some tickets to WG explaining my problem, but they simply said something about international options and by the time I followed up, I managed to make another purchase with the same card after about two days. The brands I used are Vanilla Visa and The Perfect Gift Mastercard, and I registered those cards with a postal code. I don't know if they are international or domestic, but the fact that I was able to purchase something at first (5 Vive la France crates) on the Visa card means it doesn't really matter. 

I live in Canada if that helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
131
[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Members
325 posts
7,520 battles

I know I have had problems with Visa gift cards in the USA not working, this last one states "Good in the United States only" on the cards and WG's billing is in Cyprus.  I think this causes the problems.  You might be able to call the customer service number on the cards you are using, the one I had didn't have a way to speak to a real human. But I don't think a ticket with WG is going to help you, I think you have to speak to the credit/gift card companies.

Good luck, hope this helps.

Edited by digitaljustice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27
[STA_]
Members
309 posts
2,380 battles
6 minutes ago, digitaljustice said:

I know I have had problems with Visa gift cards in the USA not working, this last one states "Good in the United States only" on the cards and WG's billing is in Cyprus.  I think this causes the problems.  You might be able to call the customer service number on the cards you are using, the one I had didn't have a way to speak to a real human. But I don't think a ticket with WG is going to help you, I think you have to speak to the credit/gift card companies.

Good luck, hope this helps.

Right now I tried buying 5 more crates using the Mastercard prepaid, after buying some crates using the Visa yesterday (after I had to wait two days from my first purchase) and I still got the error.

 

Some Googling gave me WG EU's WOT page which cited "security concerns" as a possible reason for declining payment, saying I just have to wait some time before making another purchase. I'm not sure if this much might apply to me in my case.

Edited by admiral_noone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
317
[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
989 posts
11,432 battles

Do not feel too bad folks. I play WG NA (and EU). WG NA has just informed me that I have to pay in ZAR for all purchases. ZAR (south african money) is a Mickey Mouse currency. It goes up and down like Yo-Yo. My bank a/c is in America, but WG NA charge me between 13 and 20% more for premium shop etc. purchases. I always used to pay in USD, but WG NA figures fraud will get them more. For all you players who are not Amcit (Do not have a US bank account), check what you are being charged. WG NA in their greed make their own forex rate. I also play on the EU server, where the forex exchange rate is real.

Please contact me as I have taken this matter up with the FTC in America.

I am most emphatically not south african. Just here on ecological contract,

Thank You.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27
[STA_]
Members
309 posts
2,380 battles
6 minutes ago, Gruntdog_3 said:

Do not feel too bad folks. I play WG NA (and EU). WG NA has just informed me that I have to pay in ZAR for all purchases. ZAR (south african money) is a Mickey Mouse currency. It goes up and down like Yo-Yo. My bank a/c is in America, but WG NA charge me between 13 and 20% more for premium shop etc. purchases. I always used to pay in USD, but WG NA figures fraud will get them more. For all you players who are not Amcit (Do not have a US bank account), check what you are being charged. WG NA in their greed make their own forex rate. I also play on the EU server, where the forex exchange rate is real.

Please contact me as I have taken this matter up with the FTC in America.

I am most emphatically not south african. Just here on ecological contract,

Thank You.

I don't think that's quite what's happening here; my issue is that after I buy something on my account using prepaid cards, no matter the brand I am unable to make more purchases on the account using prepaids of any brand in Canada. First time this happened a few days ago, I had to wait two days or so before I was able to make another purchase. That purchase was yesterday so now I can't buy anything now again.

Edited by admiral_noone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,222
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,248 posts
18,435 battles
2 hours ago, admiral_noone said:

I have a problem with prepaid cards

You're using cash cards from an American company to use Canadian money to buy electronic ships in a Russian game; what could POSSIBLY go wrong?

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,222
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,248 posts
18,435 battles

Bad 1       Oh boo-hoo!

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27
[STA_]
Members
309 posts
2,380 battles
23 minutes ago, Umikami said:

You're using cash cards from an American company to use Canadian money to buy electronic ships in a Russian game; what could POSSIBLY go wrong?

The fact that I was able to buy the first 5 crates using those American cards using Canadian money to gamble for Richelieu (got Lyon instead). But then subsequent attempts failed and I only managed to make another transaction days later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,222
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,248 posts
18,435 battles
3 minutes ago, admiral_noone said:

The fact that I was able to buy the first 5 crates using those American cards using Canadian money to gamble for Richelieu (got Lyon instead). But then subsequent attempts failed and I only managed to make another transaction days later.

So you only have problems occasionally? THAT'S reassuring!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
105
[PVE]
Members
474 posts
9,423 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

You're using cash cards from an American company to use Canadian money to buy electronic ships in a Russian game; what could POSSIBLY go wrong?

and the credit card processing company is in Europe.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
317
[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
989 posts
11,432 battles
9 hours ago, admiral_noone said:

I don't think that's quite what's happening here; my issue is that after I buy something on my account using prepaid cards, no matter the brand I am unable to make more purchases on the account using prepaids of any brand in Canada. First time this happened a few days ago, I had to wait two days or so before I was able to make another purchase. That purchase was yesterday so now I can't buy anything now again.

Tx for input Adm. Makes me wonder if this is more a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. Some kind of admin error maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
317
[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
989 posts
11,432 battles
7 hours ago, Umikami said:

You're using cash cards from an American company to use Canadian money to buy electronic ships in a Russian game; what could POSSIBLY go wrong?

Brilliant comment! Love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27
[STA_]
Members
309 posts
2,380 battles
11 hours ago, Gruntdog_3 said:

Tx for input Adm. Makes me wonder if this is more a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. Some kind of admin error maybe.

Likewise this link despite coming from a different region is interesting, "security concerns".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
317
[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
989 posts
11,432 battles

Thanks for that Adm. Interesting link, as previously stated I play on the EU server also. The forex rate is normal and is fair with no % increases. After four comms with WG.NA billing support, they finally informed me that my bank sets the currency and the rates and not WG.NA. I emailed my bank earlier and requested confirmation. I will let you know the answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×