You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Judge_Doom

To Mo, or not to MO...

35 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
1,709 posts
7,784 battles

With update 7.2 on the horizon, I am still sitting on the fence about getting the Missouri, I've got 6.5 mill FXP in the bank so affording it is not the issue, some how I am just not convinced that the MO is everything that so many make it out to be or not to be, some say it makes millions, its a great and fun ship to play....others, not so much...of course I take into account that some of the failures with any ship in the game are attributed to 'operator error', but seriously...I'm not a collector of virtual ships, I do not lose sleep at night if a passing ship is not in my port...so convince me, please...convince me that I just have to have it!!! Please.....

[NG-NL]
Members
6,143 posts
9,801 battles

If you're going to hurt for credits otherwise, MO is well worth getting.

Members
70 posts
1,257 battles
7 minutes ago, Judge_Doom said:

please...convince me that I just have to have it!!! Please.....

How many other ships make millions, look cool doing it, have 16 in main guns, surrendered an entire country, fought in 3 wars, hosted a 1990's action flick AND fought aliens?  If you don't lose sleep over missing her, than you'll at least get mild indigestion.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[--K--]
Members
5,332 posts
16,746 battles

The Mighty Show Me the Money is a good ship with out the earning potential. Yes with a good game ship will print credits. Step up to a great game + the right flags + a games com camo + maybe premium time and you will be rolling in silver. 

However even if the USS Missouri didn't print money she would still be a good ship to add to your fleet. I'm not even a Battleship Main and I do well while having a fun time with this ship. The ship can either have the highest DPM of any T9 BB or the Best Accuracy of any T9 BB depending on the ship mods you pick. And let me tell you having the most accurate guns is a thing of beauty and no citadel is safe. Not only that you get RADAR which means you can support you Destroyers and cause those smoke camping potatoes massive 16" headaches. 

Get The Missouri Before Its To Late.    

Members
4,202 posts
8,877 battles

I do not have or the FXP to get her, BUT if I did she would be in my port!

[LEGIT]
Members
2,210 posts
30,233 battles

Get it. 

IF it comes back it may not have the earning potential it does now.

I just wish I'd bought the Kutuzov when I had the chance.

Don't make the same mistake.

Members
2,842 posts
8,733 battles

Get it. You'll slap yourself and loose sleep if you don't. I had the chance but blew my XP on moving captains up. (it was a good move). I didn't anticipate the Mo being taken off the block so I'm trying to get the XP before it's too late.

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
20 minutes ago, Judge_Doom said:

With update 7.2 on the horizon, I am still sitting on the fence about getting the Missouri, I've got 6.5 mill FXP in the bank so affording it is not the issue, some how I am just not convinced that the MO is everything that so many make it out to be or not to be, some say it makes millions, its a great and fun ship to play....others, not so much...of course I take into account that some of the failures with any ship in the game are attributed to 'operator error', but seriously...I'm not a collector of virtual ships, I do not lose sleep at night if a passing ship is not in my port...so convince me, please...convince me that I just have to have it!!! Please.....

yes it does make millions.... if u got dragon flags and a big mo with a 19point cpt yes yes u will make millions..

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
505 posts
7,448 battles
9 minutes ago, LostEngineer said:

How many other ships make millions, look cool doing it, have 16 in main guns, surrendered an entire country, fought in 3 wars, hosted a 1990's action flick AND fought aliens?  If you don't lose sleep over missing her, than you'll at least get mild indigestion.

The 90's action flick (Under Siege) was filmed on the Alabama.  It just had the name Missouri in the movie.

• Funny 1

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

I have close to 1m FXP, and I don't feel the need to get her. Of course, I have close to 300m credits.

I can do so much more with the FXP running up new lines, or waiting for WG to get off this FXP BB trip they're on.

Honestly, if you have 6.5m FXP, why not use it? I'd wager that amount is close to every ship in the game. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Wulfgarn

[PVE]
Members
11,175 posts
21,460 battles
26 minutes ago, Judge_Doom said:

You mostly play Co-op like me I believe right? Seems you have posted that before. If not I apologize as I must have you confused with someone else and I don't feel like looking it up right now LOL.

I will tell you that simply from a credit stand point it is worth it. It makes over 300K for me in a below average game, it makes 400K+ in an average game, and I have broken 500K in credits with it quite a few times with pretty good games. All Co-op. If I ever have a big game in it  where I can put all elements together (200K+ damage, multiple kills, caps, etc...), like some of the ones I have had with Iowa, I see 600-650K possible.

IF you have Iowa and have played it you have played Missouri. It's the same ship ( think Missouri has slightly different armor in one spot but it doesn't make a difference) other than a spotter for Iowa vs radar for Missouri. I actually prefer the spotter for Co-op but use the Radar at times. I think the Radar is more benefit in PVP than it is Co-op. I would take the spotter if I could.

It's a good ship and a fun ship. I liked Iowa so naturally I like Missouri It truly does print credits like crazy and even in Co-op. The only problem with it for Co-op play is it is hard to get full human teams a lot of the times for T9 and T10. It limits how often you can play it unless you don't mind being the only human or one of just a few. You won't always be able to get full human teams with T9 and T10 ships. Often you end up with at least a few, if not a majority, of bots.

I would do it if I were you (and I did - got Musashi too) but it is your call. If you won;t play it or don't need your own credit printing press then don't. With the amount of Free XP you have why not though either way.

Just so you can see. This is my best credit score with Missouri in Co-op. It's only average damage and no caps. If I could get that damage up to 180-200 and add a cap or 2 and then have the 5 kills and such I believe over 600K is possible.

78IXhbz.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[PVE]
Members
977 posts
8,063 battles

For you it is almost free. Grab it. You have practically nothing to lose.  With that much FXP sitting around at most it will cost you a port slot. You don't have to spend the silver to mount the upgrades right away.

Buy it now and play it whenever you need silver or when curiosity gets the better of you.

Edited by MasterDiggs

[RCNW3]
Members
1,903 posts
17,806 battles

Credit earning aside (which is fantastic), the MO is a fun ship, and very competitive. Gun accuracy, radar, good AA, what is there not to love.  Have almost 100 ships, MO is still my favorite.

Edited by Panzer1113

[PVE]
Members
19,833 posts
11,995 battles
8 minutes ago, Panzer1113 said:

Credit earning aside (which is fantastic), the MO is a fun ship, and very competitive. Gun accuracy, radar, good AA, what is there not to love.  Have almost 100 ships, MO is still my favorite.

To MO, or not to MO? That is the question—
Whether ’tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The shells and torps of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of bots...

Eh, you have 6.5M FXP and it only costs 1 silver plus upgrades. Go for it IMO.

• Cool 1

[PHASE]
Members
6,237 posts
19,747 battles
45 minutes ago, Judge_Doom said:

What other options do you have for the free xp? Who cares if you get it. Free XP as free XP is worthless until it is used. You have 6.5 million of nothing sitting on the shelf. 

Members
70 posts
1,257 battles
28 minutes ago, DanielLeary said:

The 90's action flick (Under Siege) was filmed on the Alabama.  It just had the name Missouri in the movie.

* Suddenly realizes his only gunslinger tier 8 premium is actually a movie star, and squees really manly like* 

Well yeah, of course I knew that, carry on.

[PVE]
Members
19,833 posts
11,995 battles
9 minutes ago, LostEngineer said:

* Suddenly realizes his only gunslinger tier 8 premium is actually a movie star, and squees really manly like

Well yeah, of course I knew that, carry on.

:Smile_amazed:

:Smile_teethhappy:

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
8,047 battles
1 hour ago, Judge_Doom said:

I say just get it. Even if she will just be a port queen get it since she may never return.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,853 posts

if you have 6.5m FXP, you don't need anything, i guess you have xxx millions of credit too, so why bother with MO?

pick a ship you truly enjoy and have fun, lol

[ADR]
Members
4,447 posts
15,465 battles

DEFINITELY MO ! :cap_rambo:

6.5 million free XP.. you don't need to be a ship collector to get it.  Getting it is better than Collecting 6.5 million FXP that you can't use .

Edited by Shadowrigger1

[RLGN]
Members
13,444 posts
23,450 battles

With update 7.2 on the horizon, I am still sitting on the fence about getting the Missouri, I've got 6.5 mill FXP in the bank so affording it is not the issue...

Unlike me, OP, who RNG apparently hates, and who struggles through a sea of rotten luck and lolfail overpens to break 100k in Missouri and Musashi...

Unlike me, OP, if you actually have no trouble damaging things, then like many have said; get a Missouri, I doubt you’ll regret it.