You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AnimaL21

Farming solo warrior...

23 comments in this topic

[GLF]
Members
929 posts
15,051 battles

Can you receive a solo warrior in a round that you have committed a tk?   Asking for a friend... 

• Funny 1

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

I would guess so, but at a certain point, damage reflects back on to you, so I would guess the ability to manipulate the circumstances are limited.

[GLF]
Members
929 posts
15,051 battles
Just now, cometguy said:

at a certain point, damage reflects back on to you, 

I thought that was only if you were a habitual tk'er. 

6 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

you're a horrible person for thinking of it,

Yes this person is... just horrible.   But it seems its kindof a victimless crime of opportunity no?   

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
1 minute ago, AnimaL21 said:

I thought that was only if you were a habitual tk'er. 

I think it is, but since you were talking about farming solo warriors, and TKs, I figured the tking would become habitual as a part of the farming.

[GLF]
Members
929 posts
15,051 battles
Just now, cometguy said:

I think it is, but since you were talking about farming solo warriors, and TKs, I figured the tking would become habitual as a part of the farming.

Great point! 

Could be used the other way, to suicide so the other guy gets it.  

Edited by AnimaL21

Members
3,095 posts
12,105 battles

Bad idea.  Those games are usually really close and most likely won by points.  If you shoot your teammate when the points are almost there, you will prolong the counter and likely expose yourself.  If game is not closing on points and it’s 2 vs 4, shooting your teammate instead of enemy is even worse idea.

Members
1,438 posts
8,824 battles

If I were in a game where my team was up 4 remaining ships to 2 but down on points and suddenly one of the 2 surviving enemies torpedoed the other in an attempt to get Solo Warrior but the damage reflection kicked in and sank him too, giving my team the win, I'd probably hurt myself laughing.

[GLF]
Members
929 posts
15,051 battles
2 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Bad idea.  

I don't think anyone here argued that it was a good idea.... it is theoretical general game discussion  

[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles

Yeah, theres no link to achievements earned and TK status.

Although only do it if its consensual and you've taken appropriate measures to prevent loss beforehand.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

i've been trying to farm solo warrior, but still only have 6 after 10k matches  :(    havn't tried tking though lol. 

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

Can't imagine why not. Can't imagine why it would be worthwhile: Papa-Papa's are given out for free so often despite flying them on every ship every match I *still* have >1000 of them in stock, and while yes, it is impressive when someone posts a 'Hey look what I managed,' it still just 1 step beyond screaming into the void. Hell I've only posted one of mine and the only reason was because I got it against lert and his clanmates in just a helluva steal of a match (there were 7 of them still alive).

Spoiler
On 1/9/2018 at 6:38 PM, _RC1138 said:

Just stole, STOLE! This game from  @Lert and his buddies but they were good sports about it:

QLeXDVQ.jpg

oXgixnv.jpg

Edited by _RC1138

Members
886 posts
14,046 battles

I did it once a long time ago. There were 4 enemy ships left against an Omaha and myself. An enemy cruiser was baring down on us and I launched torps There must have been some synch problems because my video showed the torps clear the Omaha bow, but then one of them went off killing him. The rest of the spread took out the enemy cruiser 2 seconds later.

I sank two of the remaining enemies and capped out for the win and the solo warrior.

• Cool 1

Members
3,095 posts
12,105 battles
3 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

These merely academic discussions are always so enlightening.

Oh yes.  My friend was wondering if he could shoot friendly Minotaur with full 12 rifles broadside from GK at 4km range and miss citadel, to just get 12 overpens and not get pink status.  Its an academical question, of course.  Do you think such a feat is feasible?

Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

Slightly different, but I killed 6 in a battle yesterday and one was a friendly. I received the Kraken award, but my stats for that ship (it was my very first battle in it) show me as only having four frags. 

[GLF]
Members
929 posts
15,051 battles
7 minutes ago, Prothall said:

I did it once a long time ago. There were 4 enemy ships left against an Omaha and myself. An enemy cruiser was baring down on us and I launched torps There must have been some synch problems because my video showed the torps clear the Omaha bow, but then one of them went off killing him. The rest of the spread took out the enemy cruiser 2 seconds later.

I sank two of the remaining enemies and capped out for the win and the solo warrior.

Seems we have a solution, thanks.  

If i am able to collect any empirical data on this, I will post it. 

[R-F]
Members
1,770 posts
10,228 battles
45 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Bad idea.  Those games are usually really close and most likely won by points.  If you shoot your teammate when the points are almost there, you will prolong the counter and likely expose yourself.  If game is not closing on points and it’s 2 vs 4, shooting your teammate instead of enemy is even worse idea.

The interesting thing is that a team kill may make strategic sense in certain situations.  When a red player kills a green ship, the red team GAINS points and the green team LOSES points.  However, if green kills green, green LOSES points but red gains NOTHING.  Therefore if death is inevitable for the green ship, a team kill is strategically preferable.  Ethically highly questionable though.

Members
3,095 posts
12,105 battles
3 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

The interesting thing is that a team kill may make strategic sense in certain situations.  When a red player kills a green ship, the red team GAINS points and the green team LOSES points.  However, if green kills green, green LOSES points but red gains NOTHING.  Therefore if death is inevitable for the green ship, a team kill is strategically preferable.  Ethically highly questionable though.

Ah so that’s why I could not find a self destruct button...

Edited by Ramsalot

[KSC]
Supertester
2,215 posts
13,170 battles

Yes, in fact I have seen it done.  Enemy team had 2 ships left, a non concealment BB and a super stealthy DD.  Both were in our cap.  Our team had 4 ships hurrying back to defend as quickly as possible.  Our team had points advantage and clock was ticking down.  Enemy team couldn't cap effectively because the BB was getting reset, and couldn't get out of the cap fast enough before there would not be enough time for the DD to cap out.  So the enemy DD TKed their own BB.   They ended up capping us out and winning with somewhere around 3 to 5 seconds left on the clock over 100 points behind, and one of our team about 0.1km from getting into the cap.

Well played on their part.  Gave them a plays well compliment for certain to add to the Solo Warrior they got!

Members
2,709 posts
16,982 battles
9 minutes ago, SyndicatedINC said:

Enemy team couldn't cap effectively because the BB was getting reset, and couldn't get out of the cap fast enough before there would not be enough time for the DD to cap out.  So the enemy DD TKed their own BB. 

I don't understand. If both the DD and BB were in the cap, they are both gaining cap points. If the BB is getting reset, only his cap points are reset, not the DD's, the DD would essentially be capping as if he were the only one in the cap. I see no reason why he had to TK the BB.