You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
OppressorUnion

Switch Speed Boost on French BB

10 comments in this topic

[-TAB-]
Beta Testers
134 posts
7,830 battles

I have all 4 French BB's and I've been playing them a lot,  at Tier 8 you get speed boost on Richelieu although she needs one thing to change to fit  the bow tanking playstyle.

Running AA spec  on the Lyon or Richelieu is very fun but with all the speed boost in the world I would rather have one charge of Defensive Fire AA, with capt spec you get 2 charges.

It just fits with the bow tanking of Richelieu 

On a side note French BB are taking serious damage from AP or at least German AP bombs. Been testing it  with my Graf Test 1, almost same turtle back deck armor as German BBs. On the positive if spec into AA  Lyon and Rich shred planes.

With the re-release of the Graf Zeppelin coming around the release of French BBs.  I think it would be wise to counter Anti-BB CV playstyle  of  AP bombs and deep water torps  with French BBs and there AA. Just my thoughts what do you all think?

Edited by OppressorUnion

[VVV]
[VVV]
Members
799 posts
14,280 battles

Already have one with Defensive AA her names Hood 

Edited by yamato6945
  • Cool 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,827 posts
4,361 battles

Personally, the Speed Boost should be buffed to 10-12% rather than it's current 8%, which is almost worthless.

7 minutes ago, Cruiser_Fiume said:

No, battleships with defensive fire is not going to happen. You'll take your silly, useless speed boost and you'll like it.

It already happened with Hood. Sure it was a gimmick, but that doesn't stop them from potentially introducing it later on as another gimmick on another BB or applied to an entire line; like the VMF BB line if they happen to only have a set number of DCPs (I suspect this is likely), or the RM BB line if they're out of more interesting consumables or gimmicks to give, or to the USN BB line in a future balance pass/update.

I do assume that post was sarcasm though. I don't like the useless speed boost. But all it needs is a buff to not be useless. But I do feel AADF is better suited for the USN BB line if anything, unless WG puts another gimmick.

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,668 battles
1 minute ago, YamatoA150 said:

Personally, the Speed Boost should be buffed to 10-12% rather than it's current 8%, which is almost worthless.

It already happened with Hood. Sure it was a gimmick, but that doesn't stop them from potentially introducing it later on as another gimmick on another BB or applied to an entire line; like the VMF BB line if they happen to only have a set number of DCPs (I suspect this is likely), or the RM BB line if they're out of more interesting consumables or gimmicks to give, or to the USN BB line in a future balance pass/update.

I do assume that post was sarcasm though. I don't like the useless speed boost. But all it needs is a buff to not be useless. But I do feel AADF is better suited for the USN BB line if anything, unless WG puts another gimmick.

I was aware of Hood (I own it), but Hood's defensive fire is unusual and doesn't assist the team - just Hood. So it's extremely atypical as far as that skill is concerned, and thus I tend to discount it. 

I agree with you about DF better syncing with American BBs - it just makes sense. 

Members
1,027 posts
6,184 battles
46 minutes ago, OppressorUnion said:

With the re-release of the Graf Zeppelin coming around the release of French BBs.

And how many games are you going to see it to justify adding df to a BB that you will see more often ?

[CAST]
Members
4,898 posts
3,416 battles

Richelieu is good at bow tanking.

And with her all forward turrets, she's also good at flanking and chasing down cruisers trying to NOPE the hell away from her. Do not get rid of that speed boost.

[ARP2]
Members
1,368 posts
3,638 battles

So basically, you want to sit bow on the whole game and not have to worry about aircraft carriers?  I don't see why anyone would have a problem with that, seems perfectly fine me.