Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kenzayla

TK Scenario

28 comments in this topic

Members
16 posts
305 battles

Two small islands on either side with an alley leading to another island with a left turn. One ally on the opposite side of one of those islands opposite me was heading toward the alley way, but still far enough out.

The enemy ship was just coming out of that left turn towards the alley. I shoot torps down the alley way and they eventually kill the ally. 

Yes, I should have been a bit more careful. But shouldn't that ally be more aware? 

I'm always having to steer around ally torps. IMO this TK tag is a bit one sided in some aspects. I know the game can not distinguish between accidental and intended, but come'on.

Edited by Kenzayla
  • Meh 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

You are at fault you saw the Ally knew it was a possibility of hitting said ally and fired anyway.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

"You are responsible for the ordnance you fire" does not absolve the victim's poor decision making or lack of situational awareness.

It takes two people for a TK incident to happen. Sometimes one of them has nothing they can do about it. Oftentimes they do and choose not to.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 2

Members
21 posts
1,744 battles

If you saw the ally coming down the center, you shouldn't have dumped torps. Firing torps anywhere in the general direction of an ally, who also is moving towards you, is rather irresponsible.

[SYN]
Members
8,217 posts
13,794 battles

Accidents happen, sometimes the person hit could have payed closer attention or whatever, but ultimately it's your ordinance so your responsibility. Just apologize, be more careful in the future, and move on.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,590 posts
10,270 battles

I won't dog-pile on anymore, so will just say, yeah, it happens.

I turned pink my last game of the night last night.   It was that new Big Giant map, and I went to C cap with a DD.   He was hiding in a cove, waiting for the enemy DD to show.   He was just sitting in the cove.

I have RPF on my Edinburgh, and it looked like the red DD was situated in the four-island group in the middle of C.   I figured he might peek out to spot for his peeps.   I looked over at my DD... still sitting still.

I fired the torps, and he started moving.

I type in chat "Torps left, Player X"   

He keeps angling towards the gap between the islands, and my torps are on-course to hit.

I type in chat "Torps still left, Player X"

I zoom in to see two torps hit our DD and he detonated.

He apologized, saying he didn't see the chat.   I told him I was sorry - those were my torps and I fired them.

He had been sitting still for over a minute before I fired.  Guess he was waiting for backup, and when I arrived, he decided to move in...... right into my torps.

Still my fault, and I'm working off the pink.  It'll be gone in a round or two.

Edited by DiddleDum

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
1 hour ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Guilty of team killing. Period. Fifty lashes at dawn for you and stripped of rank.

I wish that applied to all the battleships that TK my tier 9 and 10 destroyers for not playing my boat the way they think I should.

No, I will not get an early game cap in my Tashkent or Khabarovsk. No, I will not engage Z-52 with Shimakaze's guns. No, I will not charge a cap surrounded by islands when the enemy team has 2 DMs, Moskva, and Missouri on it and I don't know where any of them are.

Edited by KiyoSenkan

[R-F]
Members
1,770 posts
10,243 battles

I had some jackhole have the nerve to ask me "How did you run into my torps?" when his cruiser in the second line of battle fired them into the general area my destroyer was dueling an enemy DD in.  I didn't run into your torps, moron.  You hit me with them.

It is a difficult thing to ask players to be aware of torpedoes coming from the rear when they are engaged in a heated battle to the front.  Pay attention to your torpedoes, and, if there is any doubt that they could be a threat to your teammate, get on chat and ping the map and let them know.

Members
2,842 posts
8,753 battles
3 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

"How did you run into my torps?"

How did I run into your torps? Hell butthead it was pretty easy seeing you laid an 8 torp spread in front of me. I tried my best to hit them all but I missed 2 of them.

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,800 posts
14,737 battles

map called Two Brother!

TK bait we know

:cap_rambo:

[YORHA]
Members
4,806 posts
9,483 battles
26 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

I wish that applied to all the battleships that TK my tier 9 and 10 destroyers for not playing my boat the way they think I should.

No, I will not get an early game cap in my Tashkent or Khabarovsk. No, I will not engage Z-52 with Shimakaze's guns. No, I will not charge a cap surrounded by islands when the enemy team has 2 DMs, Moskva, and Missouri on it and I don't know where any of them are.

Well.. I'm sure that's an answer to someone's question.

Not one that anyone here posed, but someone's. 

I guess.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
1 hour ago, JCC45 said:

Well.. I'm sure that's an answer to someone's question.

Not one that anyone here posed, but someone's. 

I guess.

Just because you didn't get the point doesn't mean there wasn't one.

• Meh 1

Beta Testers
2,317 posts
4,815 battles

If you're firing torpedoes that can hit an ally and you still fired them, you chose to take the risk. Gotta own it.

Members
5,128 posts
9,482 battles
4 hours ago, Kenzayla said:

I know the game can not distinguish between accidental and intended, but come'on.

You know they can't but this plainly idealizes they should do that...

[WOLF6]
Members
84 posts
6,660 battles

It’s so frustrating some times when you have that perfect torp setup but don’t pull the trigger because you know doing so and overshooting will nail someone on the other side. It’s funny, it seems that everyone reads the chat box except when it really matters. I’ve found myself yelling at the monitor a few times as if my team would hear me after I launched and then spotted a friendly sailing into the strike zone. We’ve all been there...lesson learned.

[YORHA]
Members
4,806 posts
9,483 battles
2 hours ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Just because you didn't get the point doesn't mean there wasn't one.

Oh I think everyone got your point.  It's just that it had absolutely nothing to do with the discussion.

The "Poor Little Me" DD whining thread is over there >>>>>>>>>>>>

• Meh 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
12 hours ago, JCC45 said:

The "Poor Little Me" DD whining thread is over there >>>>>>>>>>>>

Yep I think we can safely assume you completely ignored what I said.

[OO7]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles

A common mistake people make is "I told you about the torps, you still sailed into them!" when they don't consider context.

I've had this happen a few times. Teammate torps towards me. I am angling/angled towards enemies. I can either:

• Take my chances with turning to avoid torps and ruining my position, giving full broadside
  • Take my chances with the torps

In situations like this I often elect to eat team torps.

Sign in to follow this