Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
amaROenuZ

The NoLo is the most expensive T6 I've ever run.

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

339 posts
2,121 battles

Honestly, it doesn't feel like a bad ship. I like the way she steers, I like the arc and accuracy of her guns, I find her overall maneuverability quite comfortable. With the Pensacola there's a clear sticking point, visibility, that you can feel and put your finger on as the major thing that gives you trouble. But the NoLo just feels like a ship that was balanced perfectly and then put in the wrong place. The health, armor, and DPM are all just a bit too unremarkable for her to ever feel strong, even at top tier. The AA and Radar make her an excellent support ship, and I've gotten some really good games by lingering near the BBs and setting fires, but that seems to be the only safe function for the ship. I hope WG is gentle with it during the split, because I think it doesn't need any real changes other than tweaks to Radar and AA to fit in at T7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 posts
3,840 battles

I'll ask - which ship is the NoLo? 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
awiggin 2,106
8,167 posts

They haven't redone the cruiser line yet, so the Tier 6 note is confusing....:Smile_amazed:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FF] Fishrokk 267
1,126 posts
2,902 battles
40 minutes ago, awiggin said:

They haven't redone the cruiser line yet, so the Tier 6 note is confusing....:Smile_amazed:

Along with a nickname for the city (and ship) I've never in my life heard before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
66 posts
2,213 battles

Up Next:  Tier 6 Cruiser Review:  USS North London (NoLo).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[7ARBN] OogwayT 1
19 posts
1,677 battles

how do you have access to the new American cruiser lines already???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NOVA] CG59 61
533 posts
2,581 battles

I believe that the OP is reffering to the NOLA as a t6 because they believe it lacks the combat power for t8

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RR] DustRhino 22
106 posts
5,212 battles

When i Was grinding it I ran a full stealth build. If I recall detection was 9.1km. It was great moving across the map undetected. Never played it again since the Baltimore, and same for it once I got Des Moines. Interested to see what the split does to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PVE] AdmiralThunder 564
2,152 posts
5,751 battles
43 minutes ago, CG59 said:

I believe that the OP is reffering to the NOLA as a t6 because they believe it lacks the combat power for t8

Yes I think his post was sarcasm re: calling New Orleans a T6.

New Orleans is T8 now and will be re-tiered as a T7 so nothing to do with T6 now or later in reality.

Like Pensacola at T7, New Orleans at T8, is placed in a tier higher than it belongs in. Drop both ships a tier as planned but leave the nerf hammer alone. The loss of radar and the concealment module for New Orleans is enough of a nerf. Pensacola needs no nerf. It is seeing the exact same ships below it that it already was.

Both ships at their new tiers, if left alone other than New Orleans losing radar and CSM1, will be middle of the pack instead of bottom.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NOVA] CG59 61
533 posts
2,581 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yes I think his post was sarcasm re: calling New Orleans a T6.

New Orleans is T8 now and will be re-tiered as a T7 so nothing to do with T6 now or later in reality.

Like Pensacola at T7, New Orleans at T8, is placed in a tier higher than it belongs in. Drop both ships a tier as planned but leave the nerf hammer alone. The loss of radar and the concealment module for New Orleans is enough of a nerf. Pensacola needs no nerf. It is seeing the exact same ships below it that it already was.

Both ships at their new tiers, if left alone other than New Orleans losing radar and CSM1, will be middle of the pack instead of bottom.

Interestingly if you look at wows blitz the USN CA tech tree is much different, with the Pensi at T6, NOLA at T7, Witicha at T8, and then Balti and DM at 9, and 10. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PVE] AdmiralThunder 564
2,152 posts
5,751 battles
7 minutes ago, CG59 said:

Interestingly if you look at wows blitz the USN CA tech tree is much different, with the Pensi at T6, NOLA at T7, Witicha at T8, and then Balti and DM at 9, and 10. 

Never seen Blitz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ABDA] crzyhawk 3,107
13,682 posts
9,905 battles
39 minutes ago, CG59 said:

Interestingly if you look at wows blitz the USN CA tech tree is much different, with the Pensi at T6, NOLA at T7, Witicha at T8, and then Balti and DM at 9, and 10. 

It's because when they made Blitz, they already knew they had over-tiered a good portion of the USN tree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NOVA] CG59 61
533 posts
2,581 battles
3 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

It's because when they made Blitz, they already knew they had over-tiered a good portion of the USN tree.

Any thoughts on Blitz? I can't decide wether to like it or not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ABDA] crzyhawk 3,107
13,682 posts
9,905 battles

My thought is I'm not into playing games on my phone lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PVE] AdmiralThunder 564
2,152 posts
5,751 battles

How in the hell would you play this game, or one like it, on a phone? I can barely see this one to play it on my computer monitor LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,331 posts
3,088 battles
14 hours ago, DustRhino said:

When i Was grinding it I ran a full stealth build. If I recall detection was 9.1km. It was great moving across the map undetected. Never played it again since the Baltimore, and same for it once I got Des Moines. Interested to see what the split does to it.

Going to lose it after downtiering to 7 which is by default entails the removal of fifth slot. That 9.1km detection range is just .1km larger than a naked Kiev...

I'll keep playing it anyway because of +50% free EXP paint...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
awiggin 2,106
8,167 posts
6 hours ago, pyantoryng said:

Going to lose it after downtiering to 7 which is by default entails the removal of fifth slot. That 9.1km detection range is just .1km larger than a naked Kiev...

I'll keep playing it anyway because of +50% free EXP paint...

The question is, will the reward camos go with the ship, or stay with the tier?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×