Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kenzayla

Ship controls bugging out

8 comments in this topic

16 posts
305 battles

Recently i noticed my ships will turn on their own. No autopilot. No mods. Only have discord installed.

Any ideas.

224 posts
3,169 battles

Yes, if you sail when zoomed in the game will take over as if on auto pilot and steer your ship away from obstacles such as islands, other ships, etc. This is to get you back on course and back in the direction you should be headed since players can't see as well when zoomed in. The game is operating as it should but something to be aware of.

28 posts
1,468 battles

Yeah, as Splash said, there is a feature to avoid terrain, this helps new players in navigating, you can disable it (I did), but for now you might be better with it.

There a also tactical beaching.

16 posts
305 battles

Thanks guys. I don't really play in zoom. I mean i zoom towards a ship but will use free look to steer. Zoom to fire then free look and steer. 

But i'll start paying a bit more attention to it. Maybe i have been without noticing it.

[WOLF3] iDuckman 171
1,561 posts
649 battles

It also works without being zoomed in.  

As often as I tend to find undiscovered islands, I leave it enabled.

[FOXEH] Umikami 1,352
6,010 posts
12,212 battles
1 hour ago, Kenzayla said:

Recently i noticed my ships will turn on their own. No autopilot. No mods. Only have discord installed.

Go into "settings" and turn the auto-pilot to "off". Stay out of binocular sight unless you're shooting. Pay more attention to the mini-map.

16 posts
305 battles
3 hours ago, Umikami said:

Go into "settings" and turn the auto-pilot to "off". Stay out of binocular sight unless you're shooting. Pay more attention to the mini-map.

Got it. Thanks.

Yeah, the mini-map. Like my drunk uncle. God i hate looking at him, but damn he's useful.

Edited by Kenzayla
  • Funny 1

Sign in to follow this