You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pigeon_of_War

Pigeon's Weekly Thought Feb. 13th, 2018

60 comments in this topic

[WGA] Pigeon_of_War 1,870
Administrator, Moderator, F&F, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
956 posts
3,086 battles

Hello Captains!

For this week's weekly thought, what would you like to see for the Combat patches in the game? What imagery would you like? Would you like some contest to earn some special ones?  I'd love to hear your ideas!

(TO NOTE: If you don't like the Combat Patches, this ain't the thread for you. Move along, now. Don't be that guy!)

[RUST] Ducky_shot 437
1,070 posts
6,406 battles

Waterfowl, specifically ducks. The wackier the better!! 

[-K-] Tedster_ 2,405
Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, Supertester, Supertest Coordinator
5,735 posts
4,358 battles

the Detonation emblem needs to be one.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[-K-] SeaRaptor00 509
1,878 posts
7,703 battles

I know we've done commemorative flags for past competitive events like KotS and/or WSL, but I'd love to see a patch or emblem exclusive to the event.  It would allow players to show everyone else "hey, I did this thing" without anyone having to zoom in and look at the flags on their ship (which are frequently impossible to make out at a distance anyway); as soon as you frag somebody, their name and the KotS logo comes up on the screen, or whatever.  It's like free advertising.  Someone will go "what's that?" and do some searching.

Similarly, do these for Clan Battles.  Hand them out to the top-rated clan on the cluster so they can all shove it in their opponent's faces. ;)

Edited by SeaRaptor00
  • Cool 1

[RUST] Ducky_shot 437
1,070 posts
6,406 battles
Just now, Tedster_ said:

the Detonation emblem needs to be one.

Any other reply to this thread now is meaningless... Can't top that one. 

• Funny 1

[PEACH] mfumukoskoldpadda 97
126 posts
2,833 battles

A Coo of Boom patch to match the flag for those that have the Coo of Boom flag!

KTphREy4Rw-15.png

[RUST] Ducky_shot 437
1,070 posts
6,406 battles
6 minutes ago, SeaRaptor00 said:

I know we've done commemorative flags for past competitive events like KotS and/or WSL, bud I'd love to see a patch or emblem exclusive to the event.  It would allow players to show everyone else "hey, I did this thing" without anyone having to zoom in and look at the flags on their ship (which are frequently impossible to make out at a distance anyway); as soon as you frag somebody, their name and the KotS logo comes up on the screen, or whatever.  It's like free advertising.  Someone will go "what's that?" and do some searching.

So many could have an emblem: those that rank out, those that make it to top league in cb,  special events like clash of elements where top 100 got achievements. 

Edited by Ducky_shot

[SYN] MrDeaf 2,575
13,597 posts
8,781 battles

can corgi captains get a corgi patch?

• Cool 2

2,473 posts
4,024 battles

There automatically needs to be Rank 1 patches for those who have ranked out, with a number in the middle as to how many times they have ranked out. I obviously don't qualify for that, but it is the first thing that comes to mind when I think "commemorating excellence".

In addition, there should be one for each ingame nations flag, both the national flag and naval ensign, which could be earnable in a permanent mini-campaign just as a nice thing.

Also, military veterans should get a special patch with a system for them to claim it. 

Aside from that, any other achievement should be with flags instead. Don't go about replacing the emblems of flags onto patches, because that would make it harder for people to earn them and would reduce personal expression, which right now is a very nice thing that we have.

[NDA] kerensky914 1,100
3,856 posts
1,246 battles
35 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

I saw someone mention this idea in another thread and think that's a good idea.  And if there was one with a purple and grey owl ...

[RELSH] Lert 17,102
15,325 posts
10,729 battles

This:

M8EWm0X.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[AK-47] 44_percenter 13
95 posts
744 battles

The game would have to be fun to play before I start to give a damn about patches. I use the parrot. I think the devs have bigger problems than adding more patches.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 3

[NDA] Panbun 791
Alpha Tester
5,210 posts
3,728 battles

I'd love to see a koala or a kangaroo, maybe something similar to the boxing kangaroo:

Spoiler

pSw0QnQ.jpg

[CUTIE] TheBigM145 15
62 posts
5,856 battles
54 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

Yes. we defiantely need a Corgi :)

Would be interesting to see some historical ship patches to go along with new premiums (possibly replacing/supplementing the customary flag)

Also need more sea critters. Various tropical fish, an albatross, a Squid/Kraken. Stuff like that. 

[APOC-] _greifer 22
191 posts
2,022 battles

I like the backgrounds and that we will grow the patches and emblems.

What id like to see is the ability to hang or select your heroic rewards on it as the salad bar / citations hanging off or as pennants off the border.

For example, Solo Warrior, or Liquidator, or a new set of hard to achieve flag. 

956 posts
3,086 battles
28 minutes ago, 44_percenter said:

The game would have to be fun to play before I start to give a damn about patches. I use the parrot. I think the devs have bigger problems than adding more patches.

I present to everyone, THAT GUY. Take his example and don't be him. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4
  • Bad 1

[AK-47] 44_percenter 13
95 posts
744 battles
1 minute ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

I present to everyone, THAT GUY. Take his example and don't be him. 

I changed my mind in the last few minutes. I now think the devs have MUCH bigger problems.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 3

[RUST] BiggieD61 335
590 posts
7,518 battles

There should be an actual Goat as one of the animals for the patches, the US Naval Academy's mascot is a Goat, the Chief's Quarters on a ship is nick named "The Goat Locker".  Goats are salty and disagreeable when annoyed, it fits this game to a tee!

logo_-united-states-naval-academy-midshi

[-K-] Edgecase 863
2,317 posts
10,349 battles

I'd like a proper kraken.

Also something for karma, perhaps, which people keep asking for.

Edit: And also some for Captain Bad Advice and Fish!

Edited by Edgecase

[PVE] Kizarvexis 449
3,053 posts
4,690 battles
1 hour ago, MrDeaf said:

29 minutes ago, TheBigM145 said:

Yes. we defiantely need a Corgi :)

Would be interesting to see some historical ship patches to go along with new premiums (possibly replacing/supplementing the customary flag)

Also need more sea critters. Various tropical fish, an albatross, a Squid/Kraken. Stuff like that. 

Since it looks like in your face patches are here to stay, I agree that a Corgi patch would be great. Especially if we could have one by Friday for the Corgi event.

A seal wielding a club would be shiny.

• Cool 1

956 posts
3,086 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

A seal wielding a club would be shiny.

This is amazing....YES!

Totally submitting this one.

• Cool 3

[WG-CC] LittleWhiteMouse 18,038
7,597 posts
6,265 battles

Make 'em for various achievements!

• Mentor / Leadership Patches -- similar to your Coo of Boom flag, earned through acts which deserve recognition in the community.
  • Recruitment Patches -- earned through recruiting friends to the game that progress their account beyond a certain level.
  • Industrial Patches -- earned through unlocking and buying all of the ships in a given tech tree and playing at least X number of matches in each ship (that way you do have to play Emerald/Izumo, etc).  Shouldn't be too arduous, maybe ship tier x10 games.  There would be one for each nation with a tech tree.
  • Mega Achievements -- earned through accomplishing astounding feats, like 1,000th Devastating Strike, or 10th Solo Warrior, etc.  You could even make different qualities of these badges, like an award for your 10th / 100th / 1000th Kraken Unleashed to future proof 'em.
  • Trophy Hunting -- similar to World of Tanks' achievement system, this requires you to sink one example of each type of ship in a given nation's tech tree, not including premiums.  There would be one for each nation.
  • Big Game Hunter -- earned through sinking at least one of each of the discontinued / rare premium ships.
  • Bounty Hunter -- earned through dealing the killing blow on WG employees / famous personalities.
  • Cool 3

[CMFRT] Avalon304 136
In AlfaTesters
449 posts
1,392 battles

HSF/ARP stuff would be cool. Bring on the anime!

• Cool 2

[CUTIE] TheBigM145 15
62 posts
5,856 battles

11 minutes ago, Avalon304 said:

HSF/ARP stuff would be cool. Bring on the anime!

The HSF cat would make an amazing patch...

261 posts
315 battles

I just want more anime botes. I missed the ARP event(joined as it was ending) so I'm gonna get the HSF Graf Spee, but the more anime ships the better.