You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Auriana

DD Players-Time to Strike!

59 comments in this topic

[HEROS] TL_Warlord_Roff 381
933 posts
9,690 battles
9 hours ago, Brhinosaurus said:

This is a troll post.  OP is a troll who makes troll threads.  Please do not feed the troll.

He may be a troll, but there is wisdom in what he's posting...( at least this time!)   I am a DD main these days, IJN DD specifically ( <<< see badge, I just earned my two swords!  <<<)  His suggestions are not bad suggestions at all.  I've been finding that waiting a bit before grabbing the cap IS wise...  And I'm seeing far to many fights where I'm one of two DD's or the only DD!   

BB and CA drivers, you have to carry your part of the load.  You have to get and stay a lot closer to the action, and if needed SPEND YOUR SHIP if that what it takes to bag a win.   When you only have one or two DD's those DD's become the most valuable ships on the team because they are the only ones who can move and not be seen from orbit!   You gotta put the man pants on and go take your lumps  (that is why you've got armor, that big HP pool, and a heal!)  and run interference for the DD so they can do their part of the job of securing victory.

And I'll add as usual, the closer you are to your target the more accurate and damaging your gun fire can be..  And if your a crappy shot anyway, why are you hanging back?  Get so doggone close that you shove the ends of the barrels against their hull and FIRE!  And just the threat of that can cause player to give ground and position..if your are supported. and if your not and your in position to do that anyway DO IT because your gonna die, try to take someone with ya.. honor guard in hell and all that!   I like having a nice BIG NUMEROUS honor guard myself.

I see far to many BB and CA players oh so willing to ask another, especially DD's,  to spend their ship but seem to have a selfish bit of a disconnect when it comes to spending their ship.    You want victory.. it's not free.  It must be paid for.   There will be ships sunk.  Make a point of learning to die well!  If I can learn it as a DD driver you can learn it as a Battleship or Cruiser driver.

[CONQR] Evrien 3
8 posts
7,493 battles
10 hours ago, Auriana said:

I am all for this however as DD player I just have a few conditions..

1-BBs stops hiding behind a rock

2-BBs moves up and supports and not shoot from 20km away

3-CAs moves up and doesn't run away when the detected sign is on your screen

4-CAs stop hiding behind a rock

5-CVs well what ever they do

if u are good with these terms and conditions I will forever do my best to be the go do everything ship

Personally there is little trust or cooperation between DDs and other ship classes. Most BB or CA player frequently break all of the above conditions because apparently its our job to get blown up in the first 5-10 minutes...yet these same people have the nerve to report DD players as BOTS and poor gameplay who refuse to sacrifice their ship for the teams while they hide as far back as they possibly can.

So we have a deal if you promise to stop hiding, bow tanking and shooting from 20km away?

yes no?

Call me holding a grudge but 2 weeks ago, I had the misfortune of being on your team in my Des Moines. As everyone would know, Des Moines is a paper cruiser with awful armor, able to get deleted in open water almost as easily as a Minotaur. I'm not one to just hide, but for early games, a good player will conserve health in Des Moines and wait for an opportunity to strike when enemy guns have been diminished.

I told the team my plan to camp behind an island and support B on Islands of Ice using radar - the most I could do at early game.

Mr. Auriana here had the firetrucking balls to call out my position and my plan to the entire enemy team, simply because I'm a "camper".

What's worse, Mr. Auriana here also decided to just completely stop playing, and blaming this decision on me.

Our team ended up losing the game completely because he managed to persuade a bunch of other BBs to also abandon flank. Scoreboard? I died fighting at the very top, and him as good as an afk player.

You represent everything I hate about BB mongloids.

1. Your performance in BB is EXTREMELY lackluster. From the 1 game I saw you in, and your decision making, I'm convinced you're that casebook example.

2. You have no intention of learning other shiplines. However I see that you're playing CV now - I regret every team that ends up with you on their side.

3. You completely disregard teamplay if your team does anything you don't like.

4. You would even go so far as to break the rules to voice your angst. Yes, revealing teammates' location in chat is punishable by game rules.

You are exactly the kind of person that makes this game unenjoyable for other players. And I'm so happy to see that you now actually have the audacity to complain, letting everyone recognize your ignorance. Good for you mate.

Please, for the love of god, uninstall this game and forever quit playing. It's for your own good, and for the good of thousands more.

I hope I never have you on the same side again. Having you on the opposing side means we get 2 more players on my side, basically.

And now you are telling DD players to do this? With what experience, credentials, and authority?

Anything you mutter should be treated in the same manner as your play - laughable and ignored.

• Cool 1

182 posts
4,773 battles
7 hours ago, Evrien said:

Call me holding a grudge but 2 weeks ago, I had the misfortune of being on your team in my Des Moines. As everyone would know, Des Moines is a paper cruiser with awful armor, able to get deleted in open water almost as easily as a Minotaur. I'm not one to just hide, but for early games, a good player will conserve health in Des Moines and wait for an opportunity to strike when enemy guns have been diminished.

I told the team my plan to camp behind an island and support B on Islands of Ice using radar - the most I could do at early game.

Mr. Auriana here had the firetrucking balls to call out my position and my plan to the entire enemy team, simply because I'm a "camper".

What's worse, Mr. Auriana here also decided to just completely stop playing, and blaming this decision on me.

Our team ended up losing the game completely because he managed to persuade a bunch of other BBs to also abandon flank. Scoreboard? I died fighting at the very top, and him as good as an afk player.

You represent everything I hate about BB mongloids.

1. Your performance in BB is EXTREMELY lackluster. From the 1 game I saw you in, and your decision making, I'm convinced you're that casebook example.

2. You have no intention of learning other shiplines. However I see that you're playing CV now - I regret every team that ends up with you on their side.

3. You completely disregard teamplay if your team does anything you don't like.

4. You would even go so far as to break the rules to voice your angst. Yes, revealing teammates' location in chat is punishable by game rules.

You are exactly the kind of person that makes this game unenjoyable for other players. And I'm so happy to see that you now actually have the audacity to complain, letting everyone recognize your ignorance. Good for you mate.

Please, for the love of god, uninstall this game and forever quit playing. It's for your own good, and for the good of thousands more.

I hope I never have you on the same side again. Having you on the opposing side means we get 2 more players on my side, basically.

And now you are telling DD players to do this? With what experience, credentials, and authority?

Anything you mutter should be treated in the same manner as your play - laughable and ignored.

so I convinced a bunch of BBs to leave the flank and leave your camping butt out there to get shredded? I doubt I did that my guess is they decided the tactical situation required a retreat and we all left your butt out there. Chances are we needed support from a cruiser to deal with a DD or set some ships on fire by your own admission you in this post you were hiding or whatever you were doing behind some island...no apologies..,,,,,,,,,,u got what u deserved

your excuse is your cruiser has paper armor?

umm what cruiser doesnt

and by the way aren't you making a bit of a assumption that its mister?

Edited by Auriana

[PRNA] Sou1forge 2
10 posts
1,244 battles

See what I did is took OPs advice. I told all my clan members, "Hey! You are never going to believe this! It's actually not a DDs job to contest caps. I know crazy right? But seriously, I stopped capping and told all the cruisers and BBs on my team to stop 'using cover' and 'shooting from concealment' and you know what, my stats went through the roof! I was winning games left and right, torping BB after BB, and..."

Nah I'm just kidding with you guys. I actually know how to play DDs well. 

[USCC2] _WaveRider_ 479
2,690 posts
16 hours ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

He may be a troll, but there is wisdom in what he's posting...( at least this time!)   I am a DD main these days, IJN DD specifically ( <<< see badge, I just earned my two swords!  <<<)  His suggestions are not bad suggestions at all.  I've been finding that waiting a bit before grabbing the cap IS wise...  And I'm seeing far to many fights where I'm one of two DD's or the only DD!   

BB and CA drivers, you have to carry your part of the load.  You have to get and stay a lot closer to the action, and if needed SPEND YOUR SHIP if that what it takes to bag a win.   When you only have one or two DD's those DD's become the most valuable ships on the team because they are the only ones who can move and not be seen from orbit!   You gotta put the man pants on and go take your lumps  (that is why you've got armor, that big HP pool, and a heal!)  and run interference for the DD so they can do their part of the job of securing victory.

And I'll add as usual, the closer you are to your target the more accurate and damaging your gun fire can be..  And if your a crappy shot anyway, why are you hanging back?  Get so doggone close that you shove the ends of the barrels against their hull and FIRE!  And just the threat of that can cause player to give ground and position..if your are supported. and if your not and your in position to do that anyway DO IT because your gonna die, try to take someone with ya.. honor guard in hell and all that!   I like having a nice BIG NUMEROUS honor guard myself.

I see far to many BB and CA players oh so willing to ask another, especially DD's,  to spend their ship but seem to have a selfish bit of a disconnect when it comes to spending their ship.    You want victory.. it's not free.  It must be paid for.   There will be ships sunk.  Make a point of learning to die well!  If I can learn it as a DD driver you can learn it as a Battleship or Cruiser driver.

This is why his call to strike sounds strange - much of what he is saying are the type of things many DD players do anyway. I mean, the call to 'Strike and no longer cap!' Followed by a list that includes 'only capping if you think it will be successful and have support'. :Smile_amazed:

As far as I am aware most DD players will not look to cap in the first place if they don't think they will be successful or have support!???

So what is his message?

Is he trying to say 'I will only do something for the team, if the rest of the team do the things I expect them to do!'?  Team work is good, it wins games - supporting each other is good, it wins games......but unless your in a Div/Clan game, never enter a game thinking everyone else is going to do what you think they should (that's just crazy, will get you killed and have you coming to the forums calling for a strike!).

[SEOP] Dr_Dirt 27
219 posts
14 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

Straight up, caps aren't worth dying over as a DD.

true -- they aren't worth dying over.  They also aren't worth ignoring.

[JUGS] vikingno2 6
71 posts
8,624 battles

I agree with some of what he said, sure allot of BB players not playing team ball and radar ships never getting close enough to the fight to actually use the radar

[CONQR] Evrien 3
8 posts
7,493 battles
9 hours ago, Auriana said:

so I convinced a bunch of BBs to leave the flank and leave your camping butt out there to get shredded? I doubt I did that my guess is they decided the tactical situation required a retreat and we all left your butt out there. Chances are we needed support from a cruiser to deal with a DD or set some ships on fire by your own admission you in this post you were hiding or whatever you were doing behind some island...no apologies..,,,,,,,,,,u got what u deserved

your excuse is your cruiser has paper armor?

umm what cruiser doesnt

and by the way aren't you making a bit of a assumption that its mister?

DM has radar, which is very effective at dealing with DDs in B that try to push thru, or even capping. Look at every DM ever - that's the play style, to take less risk in the beginning, and gradually open up later on in the game.

What cruiser has good armor? Zao, Hindenburg, Moskva are all more sturdy than the Des Moines. Henri has the range to kite and good ballistics. Minotaur has smoke. Des Moines has to rely upon islands. Go take a look at YouTube replays of other good players - nobody firetrucking kites in a Des Moines at early game. If I were as useless a pure camper as you were, I'd not have almost 65% win rate in my DM.

Meanwhile you broke the game rules. No matter what I did, you broke the freaking rules. You have actually done something outright wrong, whereas you could argue my case as being debatable - true, I can reposition down south by taking some risks going out, but with you revealing my position every living soul on the enemy side will be paying attention to a DM possibly popping up through mid.

No apologies? I don't expect any apology from you. Just quit the game please. That's the only form of apology I'll take from you.

And bite me for calling you mister. Bring your PC [edited] to other BB mongloids who can't win an argument.

Kindly shove a cactus up whatever hole you have down there.