You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Auriana

DD Players-Time to Strike!

59 comments in this topic

182 posts
4,803 battles

Hi All

A DD driver is under NO OBLIGATION to cap. Why should we cap while the rest of the team hides behind rocks and demands we cap. HELL NO! A DD driver cannot be expected to enjoy the game when they get instant deleted in a hail of murderous fire while the team looks on in less then 10 minutes!

As of today ALL DD's will IMMEDIATELY STOP CAPPING. Your new SUGGESTED guidelines for playing are as follows--

• It is FAR BETTER for DDS to flank the cap and provided scouting where your team  can target enemy ships you have spotted. Ideally 1 DD on each flank of the cap is more effective like that you can spot anyone hiding.
  • Use your stealth to provide eyes for your team
  • It would be nice if WG ramped up the rewards for scouting for DD's especially but also for CA's and BB's
  • CAP if you are 90% sure you can secure the cap with out support
  • CAP if you are sure you have a 1000 guns behind you supporting the effort
  • If your team turns away at the last minute just before you enter the CAP. You will withdraw immediately.
  • You deserve to enjoy the game for the full 20 minutes if possible.

DDs have the power to bring change to the gameplay.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 17
  • Angry 2

454 posts
4,265 battles

This is a troll post.  OP is a troll who makes troll threads.  Please do not feed the troll.

[KNMSU] Battlecruiser_Lutzow 1,002
2,313 posts
2,847 battles
3 minutes ago, Auriana said:

Hi All

A DD driver is under NO OBLIGATION to cap. Why should we cap while the rest of the team hides behind rocks and demands we cap. HELL NO! A DD driver cannot be expected to enjoy the game when they get instant deleted in a hail of murderous fire while the team looks on in less then 10 minutes!

As of today ALL DD's will IMMEDIATELY STOP CAPPING. Your new SUGGESTED guidelines for playing are as follows--

• It is FAR BETTER for DDS to flank the cap and provided scouting where your team  can target enemy ships you have spotted. Ideally 1 DD on each flank of the cap is more effective like that you can spot anyone hiding.
  • It would be nice if WG ramped up the rewards for scouting for DD's especially but also for CA's and BB's
  • If your team turns away at the last minute just before you enter the CAP. You will withdraw immediately.

ezgif-4-54245e9289.gif

Uh... yeah!

Deno 99
205 posts
3,784 battles

MYIattO.jpg

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[MIA-C] Grizley 1,355
6,315 posts
4,056 battles

I would suggest anyone thinking of following this advice check the OP stats in DDs.

If you wish yours looked like his follow his advice.  If you don't, then don't.  Simple.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[D12] Nachoo31 321
In AlfaTesters
2,893 posts
7,923 battles

Love taking caps under fire... Try it without pushing your smoke button.

• Funny 1

[RKLES] dEsTurbed1 343
In AlfaTesters
2,317 posts
8,456 battles

A destroyer that lives past 5 minutes is deadly.

Cap points do matter.

Hug the cap they need love....

:cap_haloween:

In AlfaTesters
4,086 posts
3,918 battles
16 minutes ago, Auriana said:

Hi All

6004d73c07334b761e966de899616c53.png

[WOLF2] DiddleDum 107
503 posts
5,296 battles

(DELETED)

Edited by DiddleDum

1,555 posts
3,912 battles

Would be nice to have a boost to DD solo cap now.

With so many floats, radar, CV cancer, hydros, etc... DD capping is a high risk play, needs more encouragement.

• Cool 3

182 posts
4,803 battles
23 minutes ago, Cruiser_Fiume said:

ezgif-4-54245e9289.gif

Uh... yeah!

actually im not..any DD that doesn't make it past the 5 minute mark usually means your team is going to lose any way. Theres nothing more fun then watching a team of ships and planes chase 1 DD while your team obliterates the enemy team and wins.

1 surviving DD is the difference between winning and losing..

After all you DONT NEED TO CAP to

win the game..

im doing it right..and finally read the post..i said DDs can cap if they have a good chance of surviving.

Edited by Auriana
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SYN] Th3KrimzonD3mon 1,350
5,488 posts
5,678 battles

Sorry, resident forum troll, I am all out of bread crumbs.

As a DD driver, I will say that a DD's job is to be everywhere at once. The ones who can manage that kind of awareness will do well, those that can't, won't.

• Cool 1

69 posts
1,194 battles
30 minutes ago, Auriana said:

Hi All

So are you implying that DD captains apply that steely eyed situational awareness that all good destroyermen possess to correctly assess their targets and environment to maximize their effect on the game like their class is supposed to do or are you trolling? Its hard to tell.

[RUST] enderland07 227
899 posts
3,911 battles

I like winning when I play destroyers, thank you very much.

I will continue to cap and survive. I got gud.

• Cool 1

182 posts
4,803 battles
2 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Sorry, resident forum troll, I am all out of bread crumbs.

As a DD driver, I will say that a DD's job is to be everywhere at once. The ones who can manage that kind of awareness will do well, those that can't, won't.

your correct not disputing that at all..you cant be everywhere though if you get blown away at a cap because your team decided to hide and watch you get deleted..im not saying anything on this post that isn't already being done any way..By capping your only telling the enemy where you are and then you put up smoke..geez I wonder where the DD is..

Edited by Auriana

[KNMSU] Battlecruiser_Lutzow 1,002
2,313 posts
2,847 battles
10 minutes ago, Auriana said:

actually im not..

Looking at your W/L record and number of games played? Yes. Yes you are. You are doing everything wrong. There is nothing right going on with your strategy as it adheres to this game.

sassy-gay-friend-choice.gif

Edited by Cruiser_Fiume
  • Bad 1

[SF-3] WaWingsFan_15 18
164 posts
10,298 battles
47 minutes ago, Auriana said:

Hi All

do you even knw how to play dd? because your dd stats say otherwise. 

[FOXEH] JCC45 1,111
2,394 posts
4,332 battles

DEFOEGSXYAYfwR0.jpg_large.jpg.39360e3ead

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[USCC2] _WaveRider_ 483
2,718 posts
52 minutes ago, Auriana said:

Hi All

You are correct, a DD is not obligated to cap. The cap is in fact an objective for all ships to attempt - it comes down to who is best placed to do so at the given time (I've seen CVs do it plenty of times).

1. Partly correct as you can run into the same problem as capping, by not having support out on a flank. As for scouting/spotting that comes naturally for the DD.

2. As above.

3. No thank you. I play a war game to wage war with the enemy and cause damage, DD damage sucks as it is across the tiers V-X with them sitting at the bottom of those tiers. Why would I want to limit myself to just scouting - hell just load me up and I'll act as a refreshment wagon.....bacon and beer anyone?

4. D'uh, why would you go for a cap if you weren't confident of achieving it.

5. Never assume you have any guns supporting you - that way any that are is a bonus!

6. Again, you are just stating an obvious action (unless you think you can take on the enemy ships on your own - if so look at DD survival rates on average too lol).

7. So does everyone else, whatever ship they are in - not all will however, as this is a war game!

Not sure where you are going with the talk of a strike - it seems to me you are merely indicating things that many DD drivers are already doing - how is that striking? :Smile_amazed:

[-QP2-] Canadatron 866
3,886 posts
2,938 battles
9 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

5. Never assume you have any guns supporting you 

This is why playing DD in a division is best, at least there are a couple ships that will help you out and lend guns to your spotting. 

[LEGIT] silverdahc 128
695 posts
10,498 battles

well I must admit it would be nice to have some support for the little brother's:cap_rambo:

[HINON] tcbaker777 966
3,919 posts
4,643 battles
1 hour ago, Auriana said:

Hi All

iim sure i speak for the whole forum when i say this

Do us all a favor

flat,800x800,075,f.jpg

• Cool 2