You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Smallest Team Ever!

42 comments in this topic

[PSP] Snargfargle 1,562
4,129 posts
6,070 battles

Early morning gameplay on an empty server:

small.thumb.jpg.e92b8866776bd82e97ab780eca7ba0db.jpg

We won.

Edited by Snargfargle

55 posts
806 battles

Wish i had this.
Really dislike the larger games, rather wish they limited to a max of 7 ships per battle.

[PSP] Snargfargle 1,562
4,129 posts
6,070 battles
Just now, xovian said:

Wish i had this.
Really dislike the larger games, rather wish they limited to a max of 7 ships per battle.

I really like Ranked, mainly due to the team size.

540 posts
11,221 battles

If you play Tier 1 in the wee-hours of the morning (I'm US central time), like between 2 hours before server reset (2am Central) to 1 hour after (5am Central), there's a great possibility of a number of 1v1 matches. Since the maps are small, no one will get lost, and, being Tier 1, it's just gunboat v gunboat without all the kerfluffles.

[VFW] TexJapan 92
352 posts
15,796 battles

Had a T10 Match with only 2 per...me (Khab) and a CV verses another Khab and CV....funny match...we won.  It was a random match after 8PM my time.

VR

[WOLF2] TheDreadnought 854
2,521 posts
3,739 battles
11 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Hey! Patches now show in the forums!

Way to derail your own thread topic.  LOL

• Funny 1

[LEGIT] silverdahc 129
697 posts
10,508 battles
17 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

If you play Tier 1 in the wee-hours of the morning (I'm US central time), like between 2 hours before server reset (2am Central) to 1 hour after (5am Central), there's a great possibility of a number of 1v1 matches. Since the maps are small, no one will get lost, and, being Tier 1, it's just gunboat v gunboat without all the kerfluffles.

Yeah I've had a few one-on-one matches in the wee hours

224 posts
3,169 battles

So how long did your battle last with a 3v3? Unfortunately, this can happen when the number of players online is low. Good luck and hope it went well especially since your team won.

200 posts
1,332 battles

I like small battles. It can get interesting. I had a 2v2 with DDs only. Alot of time trying to find the other team lol

2,338 posts
6,219 battles
45 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Early morning gameplay on an empty server:

small.thumb.jpg.e92b8866776bd82e97ab780eca7ba0db.jpg

We won.

When I do play Random, I love these small games.

43 minutes ago, xovian said:

Yeah I would enjoy that more as well, it is more fun at least for me.

• Cool 1

[PSP] Snargfargle 1,562
4,129 posts
6,070 battles
12 minutes ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

So how long did your battle last with a 3v3? Unfortunately, this can happen when the number of players online is low. Good luck and hope it went well especially since your team won.

It was pretty short. One of our DDs went and capped C while the other DD and myself went to B and fought the other team. I took most of the hitpoints off them but it was the DD's torpedoes that finally sank them. He had all the kills, LOL. 

Edited by Snargfargle

[ATL2S] Magyar5 21
106 posts
4,187 battles

I once had a 1v1 in my lexington against a lexington, I won.

• Funny 1

[NSWC] Caledanicus 13
115 posts
5,483 battles

I had a tier 1 one versus one Japan-Russia battle when I first started. It took most of the game for us to work out the controls and find each other. I learned how to aim faster and won. 

Edited by Caledanicus
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

55 posts
806 battles

Seems like a number of people, like myself, do like the smaller teams. So why don't the Devs have it set up like this I wonder?
I mean wouldn't that also go a long way to prevent all the current up tiering people have too (T8's always with T10's for example)?

Simple solution for simple problems.

[MIA-C] Grizley 1,355
6,316 posts
4,056 battles
57 minutes ago, xovian said:

Wish i had this.

Play clan wars.

7v7 made to order.  Better yet, no CVs.

[5D2] ArchMadman 67
407 posts
1,232 battles

had a 3v3 once, thank goodness i was on the winning side

[CVA16] Sabot_100 133
1,302 posts
7,805 battles
1 hour ago, xovian said:

Wish i had this.

Problem is it really magnifies the variations in player quality (unicum vs potato) in a single ship. Even more-so for an AFK. Or how about a division of 2 (or 3!) very good players? They win 90% of the time. Each ship is a bigger percentage of your team with less chance to balance a strong player in one ship with either another strong player or a number of better than average players on the other team. You would get even more steam-roll stomps than you do now.

Edited by Sabot_100
  • Cool 2

55 posts
806 battles
28 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Problem is it really magnifies the variations in player quality (unicum vs potato) in a single ship. Even more-so for an AFK. Or how about a division of 2 (or 3!) very good players? They win 90% of the time. Each ship is a bigger percentage of your team with less chance to balance a strong player in one ship with either another strong player or a number of better than average players on the other team. You would get even more steam-roll stomps than you do now.

I'd personally be fine with this.
If i am out played, so be it.
I do get annoyed by deaths from "loleveryone shoot the DD".

I had one game where i was literally targeted by every single member from the opposing team. I lived longer then i thought, around 80 seconds.
The result was as expected. As i've said in other threads, I've run into issues where non smokeed, and in range ships including BB dont render until they are right on top of me.
Still my fault as they were on the mini-map. But a single radar was all it took to end my surprises. Amusingly i was not even remotely the closest ship to the enemy.

[5BS] _RC1138 781
2,892 posts

I've had a T10 Battle with just 1 CV and 1 BB each team. That was not a fun match.

In AlfaTesters
4,021 posts
15,205 battles

Smallest I had was 2v2. The enemy had a Essex and a PE and our team was a Tahio and me on a Tashkent. Match ended quickly: Tahio got his planes in position first, the PE sailed into the middle cap but he didn’t know that I waited outside, he eat my torps and then I capped and burn down the Essex while the CV kept the enemy CV busy. 

[BS] Wodyo 15
In AlfaTesters
151 posts
5,611 battles

People are always so anxious to hurry and get the next ship, that low tiers can be quickly abandoned. Then, as the bulk of the server population goes to bed, it leaves very few baby seals and seal clubbers available to make matches with.

I played a few games like this a few weeks ago, when I started the Pan Asian grind. They were really fun matches, surprisingly enough. I'm usually the one saying 'I wish battles were 50 versus 50.' :cap_rambo:

[TF16A] USNA_76 126
191 posts
5,354 battles

Just another example of how broken the MM is. Before we go to smaller battles I like to see the myriad of serious flaws in the MM fixed. 

[O7] Kevik70 278
1,222 posts
6,835 battles

I had a 5 v 5 game in my Taiho. These games don't do much for me in terms of damage but I at least know the opposing CV was dumb enough to wait longer than 3 minutes. Which means he isn't very good at playing CV either.