You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ANDROMADA

More CV's Per Battle

18 comments in this topic

[-OF-]
Beta Testers
107 posts

In random battles, up to two carriers can be seen in a game on each team. I'm sure it is possible to see 3 in the game's code due to the training rooms limit to 3. However, the vast majority of games are CV 1v1s (especially in higher tiers) and it is always a roll of the dice to see if your opponent is blatantly better or has better fighter RNG than you. It has made carriers not very enjoyable to play. I really wish for at least 2 player divisions with CVs to be possible. It would be countered by 2 enemy CVs or 1 higher tier CV. I almost feel that more dynamic matchmaking for carriers would help many of the frustrating issues with them. 

Currently, if one team's CV is dominating another, there is not much the team can do to stop them. There is only one carrier to counter them, and they are not capable. Git Gud just isn't going to fix the issue with carriers. This may not totally fix them either, but at least make them more enjoyable and dynamic to play. The fact of the matter is, World of Warships is a team based game, and it is apparent that this game does not specialize well with 1v1's. So why do we force CV players to endure this on top of all the other issues with them? No wonder their population is so low...

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,727 battles

CVs are broken, they do not fit the balance of the game. It should be like this, but it can't currently.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,842 battles

I think carriers should be balanced around numbers similar to those of other classes, and believe that the lack of this is one of the causes for them not fitting in the game.

Ultimately its up to WG to decide if they want to stick with 1 per team or not, they're a hard thing to balance afterall.

[KOHAI]
Members
1,696 posts
6,691 battles

Nah, two CVs in battle is confusing as hell for the CV driver.

In other words, the more CVs there are, the harder it is for the CV driver.

Not only that, but if the enemies have 2 mediocre driver's vs a unicum and a potato, the unicum gets stomped, because 2 CVs are better then 1.25 +0.5 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Members
4,302 posts

another "cvs are broken" thread, sigh.., meanwhile, it takes under 30 secs, as of writing this comment, to get a game as a CV player, so clearly, they are not so broken as to be unpopular.

1. Dear OP, what is your personal experience as a CV player
  2. Do you enjoy playing as a CV captain alongside other cv captains?
  3. In your cvs do you fear playing vs a stronger CV player?
  4. How do you respond to these scenarios?
  5. Have you actually played any CVs?

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,478 posts
13,119 battles
4 minutes ago, ANDROMADA said:

In random battles, up to two carriers can be seen in a game on each team. I'm sure it is possible to see 3 in the game's code due to the training rooms limit to 3. However, the vast majority of games are CV 1v1s (especially in higher tiers) and it is always a roll of the dice to see if your opponent is blatantly better or has better fighter RNG than you. It has made carriers not very enjoyable to play. I really wish for at least 2 player divisions with CVs to be possible. It would be countered by 2 enemy CVs or 1 higher tier CV. I almost feel that more dynamic matchmaking for carriers would help many of the frustrating issues with them. 

Currently, if one team's CV is dominating another, there is not much the team can do to stop them. There is only one carrier to counter them, and they are not capable. Git Gud just isn't going to fix the issue with carriers. This may not totally fix them either, but at least make them more enjoyable and dynamic to play. The fact of the matter is, World of Warships is a team based game, and it is apparent that this game does not specialize well with 1v1's. So why do we force CV players to endure this on top of all the other issues with them? No wonder their population is so low...

Sadly, the problem isn't fixed by having more carriers in matches. The number one problem with aircraft carrier game play is player workload. Adding more stuff flying around the map would just make it worse.

Members
1,374 posts

I get it. Just a very basic statistics argument. Dilute the gene pool further and hope that 2 of the 3 CV players are good so the one bad CV drivers antics are not felt as much. 

Just based on stats we know how good or bad a cv driver is. So you really want to reduce the effects of bad decisions.  The first 

The first result of bad decisions is shot down planes. So perhaps give the players unlimited amounts of new planes with both teams at the same launch tempo. (Limited) That will reduce the effect of lack of planes. Now come up with other ways to limit the effects of bad decisions of Doctor Sky Cancer.

Members
396 posts
13,683 battles

The solution to the hot mess that CVs are is not more CVs. This is subtraction by addition.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,478 posts
13,119 battles
35 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

The first result of bad decisions is shot down planes. So perhaps give the players unlimited amounts of new planes with both teams at the same launch tempo. (Limited) That will reduce the effect of lack of planes. Now come up with other ways to limit the effects of bad decisions of Doctor Sky Cancer.

From what I've seen testing the Graf Zeppelin this round, aircraft shot down was wasn't the limiting factor, it was a symptom.

Game one was my Graf Zeppelin v/s an Enterprise, T10 match, The Enterprise skipper was the better player, he had the worse team and lost because of it. I was the one that actually ran out of aircraft.

Game two was my Graf Zeppelin v/s a Lexington, T10 match, The Lexington skipper was some form of potato byproduct, poor decisions resulting in non-productive strikes, eventually, he ran out of aircraft. I'm not even sure he could manually drop or strafe.

Game three was my Graf Zeppelin v/s a Shokaku, T8 match, The Shokaku skipper tried a classic carrier snipe, and he still had aircraft on board when I sank him later on. Also, I don't know if he could manually drop or strafe either.

Limited reserves is a balancing point for CV's, functionally it's the only difference between a Hiryu and a Shokaku. Also, shooting down all of a CV's aircraft is an alternate way of effectively sinking them. You'd actually be making it harder for everyone else.

The key might be, make an actual tutorial, with a test or tests. If you can't pass the tests well enough, you can't take CV's into PvP? That way you know a CV skipper at least can use the tools they've been given.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,478 posts
13,119 battles
2 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Yes,  tests are a good idea.

If all else fails.....

Ban the human!

All CV Captained by BOTS! 

TBH, in two of my three Graf Zeppelin games bot's might have been more effective. 

• Funny 1

[-OF-]
Beta Testers
107 posts
18 hours ago, nuttybiscuit said:

another "cvs are broken" thread, sigh.., meanwhile, it takes under 30 secs, as of writing this comment, to get a game as a CV player, so clearly, they are not so broken as to be unpopular.

1. Dear OP, what is your personal experience as a CV player
  2. Do you enjoy playing as a CV captain alongside other cv captains?
  3. In your cvs do you fear playing vs a stronger CV player?
  4. How do you respond to these scenarios?
  5. Have you actually played any CVs?

1. My experience is as expressed in my first post.

2. Yes, I do. I enjoy having a CV team mate that I can communicate with.

3. No, but it is certainly stressful. Then getting bitched at by my team because I'm not protecting them when I've got my own problems to deal with.

4. This question doesn't make sense. I respond to it like any normal person would.

5. I have a Midway.

[FEM]
Members
2,107 posts
17,376 battles

result of 2 CV div. I play 301 Saipan while another high skill CV player plays his Kaga. We win 98% of games. fun?

[CUTER]
Privateers
870 posts
5,103 battles
9 hours ago, Kebobstuzov said:

result of 2 CV div. I play 301 Saipan while another high skill CV player plays his Kaga. We win 98% of games. fun?

I'm not bad in Kaga senpoi, when we doing it? \o/
And shall be bring Teahee's flint along? 

\o/

[PNGYN]
Alpha Tester
1,526 posts
3,480 battles

i've been gone for three months and carriers still have not fixed yet...unbelievable. WG sure seems to procrastinate about rectifying this particular situation.

Members
95 posts
688 battles

To give you an example of what can go horribly wrong with multi-cv teams: I have had a game in tier 7 Saipan and got into a game with tier 7 Kaga, with a tier VI Ryjuno and a tier 7 ranger to try and stop us, and we were able to run their planes down in first 4 mins of game, and were even able to sink a  Cleveland and New mex  with aa fire shooting with 0 losses. thats what can go wrong

[RCNW5]
Members
70 posts
3,154 battles

I enjoy carriers ,   but less carriers makes ships built with aa almost useless .   American ships with great aa ,  for what ?  If there is nothing to shoot down.   Just a thought.    Give US  cruisers torpedoes ,   A great aa ship  ,  plus all the  aa consumables, for nothing .