Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dylan88jr

starting to love this bote

11 comments in this topic

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles

I love the sound of the guns.

Turning on the radar and watching the DD's run while your team opens fire on what was previously smoked up DD's and CA's is so glorious.

The guns can be a bit trollish but i don't regret getting her at all.

Members
8,075 posts
17,032 battles
49 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Missouri is a lot of fun.

Missouri to me; is yet another popular ship I am apparently unable to make perform anywhere close to its reputation.

'Fun;' in such cases, (Belfast, other higher tier RN CLs, Kutuzov, Bismark/Tirpitz, Sims, and others,) is a relative term.

I have had more 'fun' is supposed dogs like Mutsuki, Emerald, Marblehead, Konigsburg, and a Strike or Stock loadout Bogue than many other ships.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
3,161 posts
17 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Missouri to me; is yet another popular ship I am apparently unable to make perform anywhere close to its reputation.

'Fun;' in such cases, (Belfast, other higher tier RN CLs, Kutuzov, Bismark/Tirpitz, Sims, and others,) is a relative term.

I have had more 'fun' is supposed dogs like Mutsuki, Emerald, Marblehead, Konigsburg, and a Strike or Stock loadout Bogue than many other ships.

I tend to be one of those players, too.  I can do well in MO, but as Xalmgrey said, the guns can be trollish at times- and I always seem to spawn in a place where I HAVE to turn at the worst possible time ,lol.  When things DO go well, though, man She's a MONSTER.

Sims, I love, and it makes a good companion to Mahan when I want more speed- or there are lots of CV's in queue.

Nurnberg was one of my favorites- and I ground it out during the German BB-apocalypse.  Yorck, likewise was a fun one.  And of course USN CA's are my biggest favorites.  This last season of Ranked came at just the right time- I was grinding both New Orleans and Hipper, and the massive xp payouts made the grind fly by.  The tier 8 only made them a lot more fun to play, too. (my best win rate in Ranked was in NO, lol)   Colorado I liked so much I ground it's captain up to 19 points!  ( It has since been switched to Mahan- may as well rack up elite xp while I grind, right?)

But, yeah- what "everyone" says is awesome, doesn't always work well for me.

[SYN]
Members
4,532 posts
11,434 battles
14 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Exactly my experience with the Missouri.  I see and read so much raving material about how the boat is the second coming, and I just don't get it.  Sure, the credits are nice, but that's not why I play it.  I just can't get anything out of her performance-wise to justify the hype, which in my personal view, isn't justified.  Some people talk about the MO's radar as though it's the only ship in the game with radar.  I don't get to use it often enough to be that excited about it.  It's very situational.

Constantly seeing losing matches in the Missouri - very often with me being one of the top XP earners on the team and not even expecting to - is of no help.

On absolute terms I get more production out of the Duke of York (a supposed "bad" boat) and a whole lot more enjoyment playing it than the Missouri.

My Missouri is just going to collect dust from lack of use.  More frustration than anything else when playing.  Maybe I'll romp it in Co-ops but frankly there's not much point with that; kind of a waste.

[WOLF2]
Members
760 posts
7,021 battles

I was grinding XP like a madman, up until Christmas - with the intention of unlocking the Miss - only getting up to about 450K FXP.

Treated myself to a PS4 Pro - and took a month away from WOWS, while I played through GTA V, TLOU, and Sniper Elite 4.  Just happened to check into the forum in time to see the Miss was going to be removed from the tree - and with the help of 3000 dubs I picked up in the Santa boxes, finished the grind.

She is an awesome ship, and I'm enjoying her very much.

Credits are always an issue, in my port - and running her with the credit flag and Gamescon camo means even a loss will earn in the 700K range.  A win in which I contributed with a coupe kills and a few squadrons decimated with that insane AA mean well over a Million credits.

Alternating her match for match with Tirpitz has refilled the coffers in rather short order!

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
1,943 posts
3,548 battles
3 hours ago, enderland07 said:

Missouri is a lot of fun. blatantly over powered.

ftfy

Members
8,075 posts
17,032 battles
4 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Colorado I liked so much I ground it's captain up to 19 points! 

As I always love to say; I fxp'd Colorado to the C-hull, but on a dare I started the captain out with ZERO skill points.

Now he's up to 13 points, and my WR in the ship is 64%.

Members
343 posts
6,782 battles

I recently got the Missouri and it's pretty good. I don't run a Premium account, so my credit earnings are only better than average. I don't really need the credits; I have about 108M in the bank.

Instead, I play it for the fun and to train myself for Iowa.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,161 posts
9 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

As I always love to say; I fxp'd Colorado to the C-hull, but on a dare I started the captain out with ZERO skill points.

Now he's up to 13 points, and my WR in the ship is 64%.

I always use freexp to fully upgrade my ships.  Otherwise it would take so much longer to grind them out in co-op.   It's not like I don't have lots of it sitting around- 1.7 million currently.

Sign in to follow this