BoatMan115

How do I speed up the installation process?

4 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
1 battles

I just got World of Warships and I started downloading it at 10:05 AM CST (UTC−06:00). I have been waiting about 5 hours and counting for it to finish installing. How do I speed that up?

Thanks in advance,

Boatman115

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,143 posts
6,479 battles

Has it finished downloading?  If not, then your only choice is to get a faster Internet connection.

If it's finished downloading but isn't installing then you may just want to start over again.  On a reasonably fast computer it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to install once it has downloaded.

[77ARC]
Beta Testers
189 posts

A few things. 

High internet bandwidth from your ISP.  A powerful enough router to handle the internet bandwidth.  A gigabit internal network to your computer.  Wired ethernet instead of Wifi.

SSD drives instead of mechanical spinners.

I have a gigabit internet, gigabit router, wired gigabit ethernet network, all SSD computer.  Takes but a few minutes to download and install WoWS.

What do you have?

Members
2 posts
1 battles
11 minutes ago, Dadrox said:

A few things. 

High internet bandwidth from your ISP.  A powerful enough router to handle the internet bandwidth.  A gigabit internal network to your computer.  Wired ethernet instead of Wifi.

SSD drives instead of mechanical spinners.

I have a gigabit internet, gigabit router, wired gigabit ethernet network, all SSD computer.  Takes but a few minutes to download and install WoWS.

What do you have?

I have an HP Pavilion desktop with 1 SSD, and 1 HDD. I am using WI-FI that is from an AT&T router.