You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HorrorRoach

Aigle AFT?

8 comments in this topic

[EREKT]
Members
759 posts
5,768 battles

Has anyone tried IFHE/AFT on the Aigle? I'm coming on my 13th point, 14th point tomorrow maybe... Not sure if I should play it like a light cruiser or what, since the torpedo's are just a hair too short to be useful offensively. I'm decent at shooting floaty guns over long distances, not really a problem for me. Just wondering if the 7.5km detection range will ruin it. Right now I'm running Priority target, last stand, BFT and concealment... I've been doing decently. It'd be great to have IFHE to chunk down enemy cruisers a little faster when smoked up. 139mm guns/6=23mm of penetration, IFHE will give the guns alot more teeth for damaging higher tier BB's for sure.

LOL by the way, I rolled a supercontainer this morning....Got an engine speed boost modification, +50% duration.... What are the odds?

Edited by HorrorRoach

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Supertester, Supertest Coordinator
11,944 posts
3,863 battles

I wouldn't advise AFT.

[TBW]
Members
6,339 posts
11,884 battles

I didn't do concealment and I don't do last stand and I also didn't roll with AFT. I only used the 10 point captain that I got with it. I have priority target , prev maint, expert marksman, BFT and Superintendent. Played only 1 in random and did well, 3rd place on a loss. Played two scenarios and got 1rst place twice. The extra smoke and speed boost is nice. I think with IFHE and demolition expert, she might rock. She starts a lot of fires.

[EREKT]
Members
759 posts
5,768 battles

Well, im just going to buy a few doubloons and experiment... i'll let you know what AFT is like. First i'm going to try it with expert marksman ontop of the skills i already have now... maybe having guns on target more often might offset IFHE.

Edited by HorrorRoach

[EREKT]
Members
759 posts
5,768 battles

Scrap that, i converted 20k free exp, i'm at 325,000 now... lol. I want the nelson. Aren't they going to have free capt respecs anyway?

[TAFY3]
Beta Testers
429 posts
5,934 battles

AFT is tricky with the Aigle.  the longer range means you'll be spotted from 15km+ when you fire.  I usually reserve AFT for any DD that is sub-10km just to get a little more range.  Personally I took my 10pt Captain with PM, LS, BFT, and CE.  I wouldn't bother with IFHE as your 139MM AP is good enough for other DDs, or lower tiered Cruisers.  I'd rather have Adrenaline Rush, and the -5% to reload of consumables.  Perhaps even Demolition Expert instead.

Really it is up to how you like to play.

[IBAD]
[IBAD]
Beta Testers
119 posts
3,270 battles

It's hard to recommend AFT on any ships that have the high arc, "floating" shells. For DD, I really only use it on the Russian boats.

• Cool 1

[-TNT-]
Members
225 posts
4,744 battles
On 2/10/2018 at 3:36 PM, HorrorRoach said:

Has anyone tried IFHE/AFT on the Aigle? I'm coming on my 13th point, 14th point tomorrow maybe... Not sure if I should play it like a light cruiser or what, since the torpedo's are just a hair too short to be useful offensively. I'm decent at shooting floaty guns over long distances, not really a problem for me. Just wondering if the 7.5km detection range will ruin it. Right now I'm running Priority target, last stand, BFT and concealment... I've been doing decently. It'd be great to have IFHE to chunk down enemy cruisers a little faster when smoked up. 139mm guns/6=23mm of penetration, IFHE will give the guns alot more teeth for damaging higher tier BB's for sure.

LOL by the way, I rolled a supercontainer this morning....Got an engine speed boost modification, +50% duration.... What are the odds?

I have a 19 point Captain. I'll try Flami's Khaba build see what she does while we save on respecting cost.