You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
brym7

Storm Battles

5 comments in this topic

[TWFT2]
Beta Testers
260 posts
3,920 battles

So I hopped into a game today and at the start of the match, the announcer said, "There's a huge storm coming this way" or something to the effect. it wasn't for cyclons, but a storm affect lasted for the rest of the battle. No vision impairments or anything, just the skybox was grey and it rained with thunder sounds in the background.

5a7f561813098_Screenshot(203).thumb.png.dbfe630f749282558c8971c09a021330.png

I found it quite fitting as I rained shells in my Alantia

5a7f56d0971a8_Screenshot(205).thumb.png.e277fcbb92e2758b11fece433fdcdc68.png

but I find this to be a great addition. Perhaps a bit biased over this small thing as I love rain and storms, but this cosmetic chage is a little change of pace and I hope to find it more.

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
318 posts
4,916 battles

I've always loved the stormy weather and choppy seas at the start of battles, only to be disappointed when everything clears up about 30 seconds in.

• Cool 2

[TWFT2]
Beta Testers
260 posts
3,920 battles
4 minutes ago, Deno said:

I've always loved the stormy weather and choppy seas at the start of battles, only to be disappointed when everything clears up about 30 seconds in.

I fully agree, makes the best screenshots. It seems though they actually might last the whole game like I just experienced.

[SALVO]
Members
16,684 posts
17,308 battles
26 minutes ago, brym7 said:

So I hopped into a game today and at the start of the match, the announcer said, "There's a huge storm coming this way" or something to the effect. it wasn't for cyclons, but a storm affect lasted for the rest of the battle. No vision impairments or anything, just the skybox was grey and it rained with thunder sounds in the background.

5a7f561813098_Screenshot(203).thumb.png.dbfe630f749282558c8971c09a021330.png

I found it quite fitting as I rained shells in my Alantia

5a7f56d0971a8_Screenshot(205).thumb.png.e277fcbb92e2758b11fece433fdcdc68.png

but I find this to be a great addition. Perhaps a bit biased over this small thing as I love rain and storms, but this cosmetic chage is a little change of pace and I hope to find it more.

Brym7, I haven't noticed this yet, but maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

One of the things that gets me about cyclones (perhaps as a related aside) is how on some maps, the cyclone rolls in, and yet the sky is still nice and sunny, etc.  That just ruins the immersion of the game.  I get that maybe the old hardcore foggy like effects are too hard on potato computers, but at least darken up the skies, like in your screenshots above, during cyclones so that it feels like a storm has rolled in.

As for the storms you show above, I wish that they'd lower the light level a bit, though i suppose that some people might just pump up their gamma on their PCs to counter it.  I like it when it's cloudy and it looks a little darker.  Not pitch black or even all that close to it.  Just darker and grimmer.  And, yes, keep the rain going and the thunder pounding.  And heck, some lightning bolts would be cool, too!!!

[TWFT2]
Beta Testers
260 posts
3,920 battles
8 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Brym7, I haven't noticed this yet, but maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

One of the things that gets me about cyclones (perhaps as a related aside) is how on some maps, the cyclone rolls in, and yet the sky is still nice and sunny, etc.  That just ruins the immersion of the game.  I get that maybe the old hardcore foggy like effects are too hard on potato computers, but at least darken up the skies, like in your screenshots above, during cyclones so that it feels like a storm has rolled in.

As for the storms you show above, I wish that they'd lower the light level a bit, though i suppose that some people might just pump up their gamma on their PCs to counter it.  I like it when it's cloudy and it looks a little darker.  Not pitch black or even all that close to it.  Just darker and grimmer.  And, yes, keep the rain going and the thunder pounding.  And heck, some lightning bolts would be cool, too!!!

Yeah, I would like if the effects are pumped up a bit like what we just saw in a recent teaser