You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CylonRed

Just can't get the Missouri to work

15 comments in this topic

Members
3,411 posts
6,072 battles

Bismark - yea - I can get it to work and at least average above server average damage, main battery hits,  and even XP.  Missouri?? Can't get it to work at all.  Please point me to some good videos.  Most videos just seem to say point shoot and rake in the damage/xp/cash.  Granted an 11 pt captain but I should not be struggling to make server average damage.  Seems any cap I go near immediately has most of the red fleet, I am continually pared out with one CA/DD and away from the main fleet on spawn.  I give up cits like popcorn and it seems everyone firing HE is firing IFHE as they are doing serious damage.    Most of the time I can only use 2 heals before I die.

If any one wants to send me replay files for the current client - please do so...

Members
3,411 posts
6,072 battles

And why is it after noting my frustration in the forums that I have 2 games out of maybe 3 like these??? 

World of Warships - Miss - 106448.PNG

World of Warships - Miss - 132452.PNG

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,704 battles

Maybe because you spoke to soon? lol :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
3,411 posts
6,072 battles

I guarantee didn't speak too soon - I have plenty more bad games to play in it....  ;)  Though rather fun deleting a nearly full Atlanta in a salvo.

Edited by CylonRed

[NDA]
Supertester
4,774 posts
13,589 battles

It sounds like you need professional help with your Mighty Show Me the Money. 

Thankfully the kind of help you need can be done in an easy Four Step program. 

1. Enable Replays so you have a recording of your games this is so you can either catch those amazing WoWs Moments, have Bug or bad player behavior proof and for 3rd step. 

2. Play a game in your problem ship. 

3. Ask for help by reciting the following, "I summon the Smaug of the Seven Seas, Keeper of wisdom and treasure, creator of the Time Extension and Helper of Scrubs. Come Forth @Lord_Zath and lend me your strength I am a scrub player in need of help,". 

4. Submit replay, watch review, learn from your mistakes, and than Get Gud. 

Hope this helps. 

You could also start playing the Missouri like an over sized cruiser who tries to support the DDs on cap. Just don't get to aggressive and eat a face full of torps or show your broadside and get your Citadel probe. 

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,675 posts
15,171 battles

...  sigh

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,675 posts
15,171 battles

send'em!

[CAPT]
Members
28 posts
4,713 battles

Hi CylonRed.

I was in the same boat you are, got the Missouri and just couldn't get her to work. But all of a sudden it came to me, and now life is really good. Don't give up- when that switch flicks, you're going to love the ship.

Three things you need to keep in mind:

• You must angle- all is lost if you don't (you can get away with showing your broadside once, maybe twice).
  • You're the fastest battleship in the game- if you don't make use of those 33 knots you're not getting the most out of the Missouri.
  • The point of your speed is to put your ship somewhere where you can be angled and unleash those excellent guns on the broadsides of the hapless enemy- your goal is to flank the enemy.

Spawning out on the flank with a DD and CA is WHAT YOU WANT! This is an ideal place for you to begin, and I often head for a flank when I get the middle spawn. Most often I push ahead with my DD and CA friends, hoping that the red team hasn't devoted any resources to my side of the map. If we encounter just an enemy DD or CA, I'll use my radar and HE to help steamroll that unlucky bugger and move on to my ultimate goal- to be on the enemy side of the map, where the enemy who is bow-on to my teammates is broadside to me. Then I just casually roll up on them, bow-first, and collect my rewards.

If the reds have a significant force on my side I'll play it by ear- do I need to turn and kite them, or can I sit there and slug it out with them? Your speed mean you control the range of the battle- but plan ahead for the turn. There's usually a somewhat protected spot to help minimize your exposure. If not, you can reverse out of the way, though I prefer to watch their salvos and turn while they're reloading.

That's all there is to it. Hope this helps you out a little. I had my first million-credit battle in the Mighty Mo Money.

• Cool 1

[PENND]
Members
53 posts
1,968 battles

My issue tends to be with aiming-the day I got the ship, having ground the xp in my GK, I was getting citadels and even got a few devastating strikes. Now I'm struggling to get any hits. I seem to have lost where exactly I need to aim at a ship lol 

Members
3,411 posts
6,072 battles

Just tried to do the flank today and met 2 DDs and 2700 damage - done in less than 4 minutes.  Kinda typical for me - should have taken the hard right and met up with a couple other ships on the team.

Members
3,411 posts
6,072 battles

Can 't really complain about this game...  Not the highest damage output (second highest for me) but highest XP and silver...

World of Warships - Miss 156048.PNG

[RKLES]
Members
7,101 posts
8,757 battles
On 2/10/2018 at 3:18 PM, CylonRed said:

I guarantee didn't speak too soon - I have plenty more bad games to play in it....  ;)  Though rather fun deleting a nearly full Atlanta in a salvo.

Yes love doing that! Lol