You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JM1983

Captain skills question for US tier 8+ BB owners

7 comments in this topic

[-POI-]
Members
61 posts
2,728 battles

Hi guys,

After a lot of grinding, I finally got the Missouri before the 7.2 patch. I'm also getting close to getting the North Carolina. So far I haven't used the Preventive Maintenance skill in any of my battleships but I've noticed that some people use it with the Missouri and some don't. I really haven't experienced any issues through tier seven with my BB modules becoming incapacitated so I'm wondering if there is much of a need for preventive maintenance for the higher tier ships or not. Do you use the Preventive Maintenance skill for your US tier 8+ BB commanders? Please feel free to share how you've used your commander's skills. 

I look forward to your responses, thanks for reading my post!

[HINON]
Members
8,800 posts
14 minutes ago, JM1983 said:

Hi guys,

After a lot of grinding, I finally got the Missouri before the 7.2 patch. I'm also getting close to getting the North Carolina. So far I haven't used the Preventive Maintenance skill in any of my battleships but I've noticed that some people use it with the Missouri and some don't. I really haven't experienced any issues through tier seven with my BB modules becoming incapacitated so I'm wondering if there is much of a need for preventive maintenance for the higher tier ships or not. Do you use the Preventive Maintenance skill for your US tier 8+ BB commanders? Please feel free to share how you've used your commander's skills. 

Which modules do you find get incapacitated often?

[PVE]
Members
8,816 posts
7,241 battles
20 minutes ago, JM1983 said:

Hi guys,

For my AA and secondary ships, I use the aux armaments module to keep the secondaries and AA guns alive longer. Since I'm not using MAM1 to protect the main guns, I use PM to help them out.

Alpha Tester
2,719 posts
4,294 battles

I built my NoCar captain for full AA at 14 points with Adrenaline Rush at T2...PM was picked first because I don't think battleships justify having PT as priority because they will get seen much sooner than a stealth cruiser (i.e. NOLA) or destroyers.

The 10 5" DP turrets are too good to pass up augmenting them all the way...they toast planes long before the Bofors start firing. Don't run into carriers that often in that tier but that will leave a surprise for the non-observant.

[-K-]
Supertester
3,085 posts
6,818 battles

This is what I use on my US BB's in non clan battles.

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/0100000000100010000011000100100019

The build plays on the USN BB strengths, which are primarily strong AA suites.  If you use premium consumables, it's also perfectly viable to get rid of superintendant and expert marksman and instead take concealment expert and another 1st tier skill.

The reason you use PM in the first tier is so that you can take Aux Arm Mod 1 in the 1st slot instead of Main Arm Mod 1.  It allows you to retain some robustness in your major modules while also doubling the health of your secondary and AA guns.

Edited by Pope_Shizzle

[-POI-]
Members
61 posts
2,728 battles
2 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

Which modules do you find get incapacitated often?

I remember my engine being incapacitated a few times on my Kongo when I was fairly new to the game and maybe a turret or two being knocked out on it when being focus fired by most of the enemy team. I can't recall my US BBs suffering from these issues. I tend to play more co-op than random if that makes a difference.