Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Vix66

Too close to and island = shooting through it?

5 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
3 posts
1,499 battles

So my problem is I use islands a lot and I love the La Galissoniere. But lately when I just peek out my front 2 turrets around the island two major surpises come to me. 1) I'm not even spotted even when a BB is at a like 75 degree angle to the left in front of me while i'm sitting next to the island. 2) The rear turret on my La Galiss has like a 40% of shoot through the island. Thats right folks, my back turret can shoot trough islands, IN UR FACE, but in all seriousness I don't know if the shells are just ghost shells or actual shells that hit and do damage. I really haven't been able to determine this but would really ruin the game if ships are just shooting through islands that are just right next to them. I haven't been able to gather evidence because I have just found out about these 2 "bugs"( because idk if the not being spotted one is me being stupid or game broken) in my last like 2 games. Also catching the phenomenon of the shells piercing islands is hard to catch because its only like a 20% - 40% chance of it happening. I'm going to continue my search in my La Galiss, once I have acquired evidence with the ship I will move on to my Furutaka and commence testing on her. Hopefully the shells are ghost that only I see and that don't ruin the game and that the spotting near island thing are ez fixes. I'm new to the forums I literally just made this account to inform you all of these "bug" and to tell me if you have experienced it. Please contact me on Discord: Vix #4111, or Steam: vixvix66. These are the 2 fastest ways of contacting me if you wish to help me in my search. FYI: This is all on the steam client not the WOW original.

Edited by Vix66

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
320
[ASHIP]
Members
582 posts
5,203 battles

From my experience in the desMoines I'm pretty sure that shells fired through islands are ghost shells with no impact. It happens 100% of the time whenever the barrels of your guns get too close to the island.

As far as not being spotted, It seems as if the game uses vectors which originate in the middle of your ship to determine if you're visible. This is easiest to see when in a smoke screen, as you can actually poke a big part of your nose out of it without being spotted, but as soon as the midpoint of your ship passes the border of the smoke cloud, you are seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
378
[PROJX]
Members
967 posts
15,455 battles
1 hour ago, Vix66 said:

So my problem is I use islands a lot and I love the La Galissoniere. But lately when I just peek out my front 2 turrets around the island two major surpises come to me. 1) I'm not even spotted even when a BB is at a like 75 degree angle to the left in front of me while i'm sitting next to the island. 2) The rear turret on my La Galiss has like a 40% of shoot through the island. Thats right folks, my back turret can shoot trough islands, IN UR FACE, but in all seriousness I don't know if the shells are just ghost shells or actual shells that hit and do damage. I really haven't been able to determine this but would really ruin the game if ships are just shooting through islands that are just right next to them. I haven't been able to gather evidence because I have just found out about these 2 "bugs"( because idk if the not being spotted one is me being stupid or game broken) in my last like 2 games. Also catching the phenomenon of the shells piercing islands is hard to catch because its only like a 20% - 40% chance of it happening. I'm going to continue my search in my La Galiss, once I have acquired evidence with the ship I will move on to my Furutaka and commence testing on her. Hopefully the shells are ghost that only I see and that don't ruin the game and that the spotting near island thing are ez fixes. I'm new to the forums I literally just made this account to inform you all of these "bug" and to tell me if you have experienced it. Please contact me on Discord: Vix #4111, or Steam: vixvix66. These are the 2 fastest ways of contacting me if you wish to help me in my search. FYI: This is all on the steam client not the WOW original.

There are a number of bugs of this nature in the game (depending on your point of view this can be good or bad).   At one point, fairly recently, you could fire thru the Mont St. Michel Abbey on the Sea of Fortune higher tier map.   The shells did impact & deal damage.  I don't know if it still does - not counting on it.

Edited by hangglide42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3 posts
1,499 battles
15 minutes ago, senseNOTmade said:

From my experience in the desMoines I'm pretty sure that shells fired through islands are ghost shells with no impact. It happens 100% of the time whenever the barrels of your guns get too close to the island.

As far as not being spotted, It seems as if the game uses vectors which originate in the middle of your ship to determine if you're visible. This is easiest to see when in a smoke screen, as you can actually poke a big part of your nose out of it without being spotted, but as soon as the midpoint of your ship passes the border of the smoke cloud, you are seen.

 

12 minutes ago, hangglide42 said:

There are a number of bugs of this nature in the game (depending on your point of view this can be good or bad).   At one point, fairly recently, you could fire thru the Mont St. Michel Abbey on the Sea of Fortune higher tier map.   The shells did impact & deal damage.  I don't know if it still does - not counting on it.

I think I have figured it out. Its the transition from "scoped" mode to the free cam mode. What I usually do is "scope" then I free cam to see whats going on around me. With that being said if I "unscope" at the time of my rear turrets shells impacting the island they render as if they went through but its just the game unable to determine wth just happened since there is probably a small instance of buffering between switching from "scoped" mode to free cam (by that I mean hold RMB) I have a ([edited] [edited]) video even though its hard to tell and OBS decided to not cooperate you can see my back turret shells fly through the moment I free cam or "unscope." You don't have to watch the whole video, just like the first minute and a half. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3 posts
1,499 battles
1 hour ago, senseNOTmade said:

From my experience in the desMoines I'm pretty sure that shells fired through islands are ghost shells with no impact. It happens 100% of the time whenever the barrels of your guns get too close to the island.

As far as not being spotted, It seems as if the game uses vectors which originate in the middle of your ship to determine if you're visible. This is easiest to see when in a smoke screen, as you can actually poke a big part of your nose out of it without being spotted, but as soon as the midpoint of your ship passes the border of the smoke cloud, you are seen.

Also on to the spotting part if it is dependent on the vector in the center then that would be wrong because I think like in WOT they use vectors on all the parts. Well if it was like that then that would mean significant advantages that players can take. In the two minutes in the video it explains how they use the system to spot. Now IK this is WOT and the game were talking about is WOW but its all made by the same company. Now all my justifications are just myths w/o evidence. I'm going to try to recollect some evidence on this portion of the problem although this will be harder considering a ship is going to have to get near me while he indeed is spotted to be able to tell how much of me is actually hidden to him, lets not forget the fact that there are planes in the game as well. To perform this project in a training battle I would need at least 2 extra people but I don' have that many friends, if you like to assist me in this I would very much appreciate it. FYI: This is on steam. I would have to see if the original client is having the same issues 

 

Edited by Vix66

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×