Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

Schanhorst....2nd opinion pls.

7 comments in this topic

Members
4,451 posts
6,152 battles

I asked about this a few weeks ago but I need and want another round of input if you can help.

What do you run on the mod upgrades and why?

Main battery mod 2

Secondary battery mod 2

Aiming systems mod 1

I have been using Aiming systems mod 1.  It lessens main battery dispersion and also gives you 5% increase in secondary range. Dispersion can be pretty bad on this ship at times and this does help. I know many really like the secondary battery mod 2. Main battery mod 2 gives slight increase to traverse and reload. If you have a lot of games in this ship which of these 3 in your opinion helps you the most in this ship? I do not have enough games in her yet to have made up my mind. I am always confused! :Smile_amazed:  Make your case if you care to.  Thanks very much.

[AGPIS]
Members
354 posts
2,416 battles

I personally have my Scharn set up with

MBM 1: The main guns only have 220mm on the sides, making them vulnerable to well placed cruiser or BB fire. Unacceptable to lose a gun when you really need volume of fire to compete like the Scharn.

DCMS 1: Flooding sucks and the Scharn is super long.

SBM2: The Scharn has potent secondaries, very good for scaring off flankers.

DCMS 2: The current meta is the Fire meta, so I prefer to reduce the DOT.

Members
40 posts
4,279 battles

Part of the question is what kind of captain you have on the ship, and where you are going with it. If you are training for cruisers or have a captain that is less than 10 points, you might want to stick with the aiming mod. The Scharnhorst can (somewhat) play like a big cruiser then. But if you are looking for a BB captain or want to practice what German BBs at higher tiers are like, you should go with secondary mod 2, and get at least a 10 point captain, or preferably a 14 point one, With advanced fire training and manual secondaries. That is the method I personally prefer, because of the volume of fire and range the secondaries can put out, but I know other people have gone the large cruiser route. Best advice I can give is to experiment and see what works for YOU, not someone else.

Members
4,451 posts
6,152 battles
12 minutes ago, amaROenuZ said:

I personally have my Scharn set up with

MBM 1: The main guns only have 220mm on the sides, making them vulnerable to well placed cruiser or BB fire. Unacceptable to lose a gun when you really need volume of fire to compete like the Scharn.

DCMS 1: Flooding sucks and the Scharn is super long.

SBM2: The Scharn has potent secondaries, very good for scaring off flankers.

DCMS 2: The current meta is the Fire meta, so I prefer to reduce the DOT.

Tks.  I like your quote by the way.

Members
4,451 posts
6,152 battles
12 minutes ago, andarragh21 said:

Part of the question is what kind of captain you have on the ship, and where you are going with it. If you are training for cruisers or have a captain that is less than 10 points, you might want to stick with the aiming mod. The Scharnhorst can (somewhat) play like a big cruiser then. But if you are looking for a BB captain or want to practice what German BBs at higher tiers are like, you should go with secondary mod 2, and get at least a 10 point captain, or preferably a 14 point one, With advanced fire training and manual secondaries. That is the method I personally prefer, because of the volume of fire and range the secondaries can put out, but I know other people have gone the large cruiser route. Best advice I can give is to experiment and see what works for YOU, not someone else.

Tks.  I DO like the aiming mod. It's frustrating in this ship to fire a full well aimed volley at 10k or less and have only 1 main battery shell hit.  That happens quite often. However I am going to try the Secondary battery mod.  See if I like it. 

[HINON]
Members
8,834 posts

I use the secondary mod because I have a 19 point BB captain that I put in him with manual secondaries for fun. Plus with a ship that fast and at that tier it's not that uncommon to get in secondary range.

Members
4,451 posts
6,152 battles
26 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

I use the secondary mod because I have a 19 point BB captain that I put in him with manual secondaries for fun. Plus with a ship that fast and at that tier it's not that uncommon to get in secondary range.

Tks.  Gonna try that secondary mod. 

Sign in to follow this