Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Belthorian

Questions about Matchmaking

12 comments in this topic

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,207 posts
5,662 battles

I just came back to Warships after taking over a year off. One thing I seems to really stand out is matchmaking and how it is effected by your play. I almost always play in division and this week I had a three day stretch where my team was winning at an 80% rate. They were not lopsided matches most were hard won victories. This will go on for a while than all of the sudden it seems like matchmaking will put the 9 worst players on the server on my team. My win rate will drop from 80% to 10% if I am lucky and I will be involved in a long string of noncompetitive matches where my team gets absolutely destroyed. I was looking at my stats, there is no real difference between when I am winning and when no matter what I do my team will not win.

Is there some sort of metric that tracks your stats and will put the worst players on the server on your team if you are winning to many matches?

So if you look at my account, I would be considered a whale by Wargaming....I am not bragging but I do not mind spending money on a game if I am having a good time. My question is, why should I continue to support this game financially if it punishes me for winning? Enduring streaks of 20 battles where you only win two matches is not my idea of fun, why would anyone keep playing a game that punishes you for playing well? 

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Blame it on the Stats . if Stats were hidden you wouldn't have that info and would  play till you got bored. WG publishes that info and players use it to find their excuses.{The Not Me Syndrome}

• Cool 1

[YOHB]
Members
250 posts
10,163 battles

Random battles are random. You seem like a somewhat above average player that is punching above your weight due too always playing in a division. Don't worry about your win rate and just enjoy the game.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,493 posts
2,046 battles

Yup, my luck runs in streaks too. Some days I can't do squat in any ship without being deleted. Some days, I'm unsinkable. It averages out. Irritating, yes. But that's random luck for you. It averages out to about a 54% WR for me overall (I think, Warships today has been screwed up for a couple of weeks). It's just more noticeable when you have battle by battle stat tracking.

Members
3,411 posts
6,072 battles

Streaks happen - even in random coin flips it doe snot remotely mean that MM is being stacked because you were winning.

Members
1,494 posts
7,399 battles

I'm on a 6 loss streak so far today despite doing my hardest to win.  Just sometimes you get lumped in with a bunch of mouth breathers, nothing you can do about it but rage really.

Members
451 posts
7,842 battles

If you think everything is just chance then you must have been born yesterday. All of the big companies are using behavior algorithms to encourage more sales when games are centered around micro-transactions. At this point it would be irresponsible from a business sense not to when your competitors are.

WG wont confirm either way because its a trade secret. The posters in this forum will accuse you of wearing a tinfoil hat if you dont agree. 

If anyone can find an actual WG employee post saying matchmaking is 100% random (besides tier restrictions) I will eat my hat.

• Cool 1

[OSG]
Beta Testers
1,347 posts
14,744 battles
52 minutes ago, EpicFlails said:

If you think everything is just chance then you must have been born yesterday. All of the big companies are using behavior algorithms to encourage more sales when games are centered around micro-transactions. At this point it would be irresponsible from a business sense not to when your competitors are.

WG wont confirm either way because its a trade secret. The posters in this forum will accuse you of wearing a tinfoil hat if you dont agree. 

If anyone can find an actual WG employee post saying matchmaking is 100% random (besides tier restrictions) I will eat my hat.

Do you like salt and pepper on your hat??  :)

Q&A with sub_octavian, WG dev   " Does the MM take the WR into account at all? No. Such change would create huge queues and big problems for MM. If you want to play battles matched by skill you need to play RB – they are much more adequate to the players’ WR. Tier, class, nation are all the facts the MM knows. "

Link to all his answers: https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/5t84pl/transcription_of_the_dev_qastream_with_sub/

Members
451 posts
7,842 battles
4 minutes ago, Merc85 said:

Do you like salt and pepper on your hat??  :)

Q&A with sub_octavian, WG dev   " Does the MM take the WR into account at all? No. Such change would create huge queues and big problems for MM. If you want to play battles matched by skill you need to play RB – they are much more adequate to the players’ WR. Tier, class, nation are all the facts the MM knows. "

Link to all his answers: https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/5t84pl/transcription_of_the_dev_qastream_with_sub/

giphy.gif

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
57 minutes ago, EpicFlails said:

zdWFEKf.jpg

[OSG]
Beta Testers
1,347 posts
14,744 battles
2 minutes ago, EpicFlails said:

giphy.gif

:Smile_teethhappy:

[B-K-N]
Members
30 posts
8,126 battles

I had 2 losses today where the other team didn't lose a single ship.  In one of those games the other team had 7 premium ships including 2 Atlantas and 2 Belfasts.  I suppose that could just be luck of the draw.  On the other hand there seems to be more lopsided teams than pure chance would suggest.

Sign in to follow this