Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kizarvexis

First DD game where I know I helped win

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,960
[PVE]
Members
8,863 posts
7,288 battles

So, normally in PvP I'm the DD player that gets blown up early and doesn't do much damage. This game, I did no damage, but I think I helped do some area denial and I did half the capping for the win.

 

Other than shooting, which I know my shooting is abysmal, any DD mains have some tips please? (besides git gud and learn to aim please)

 

https://replayswows.com/replay/16528#stats  7.1.0 replay

 

Spoiler

zgWvnJZ.jpg

 

raZjSgM.jpg

 

HPtKrFn.jpg

 

XW2Uj3Q.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,561
[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,681 posts
15,199 battles

LOL!

 

OP, want me to download the replay and provide commentary?  If so, it shall be done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,001
[NDA]
Supertester
4,790 posts
13,614 battles
28 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

@Lord_Zath signal :etc_hide_turtle:

Why do I see a dark night suddenly illuminated by a spot light shinning on the clouds, either an LZ or the image of a dragon appears. A player is in need, Smaug has been summoned and education will soon follow. 

Or it could just be the cold meds kicking in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,960
[PVE]
Members
8,863 posts
7,288 battles
9 minutes ago, Lord_Zath said:

LOL!

 

OP, want me to download the replay and provide commentary?  If so, it shall be done!

I was hoping for a kind soul to help. :)

 

 

5 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

Why do I see a dark night suddenly illuminated by a spot light shinning on the clouds, either an LZ or the image of a dragon appears. A player is in need, Smaug has been summoned and education will soon follow. 

Or it could just be the cold meds kicking in. 

Especially if he doesn't have nipples on his superhero tights. :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,001
[NDA]
Supertester
4,790 posts
13,614 battles
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Especially if he doesn't have nipples on his superhero tights. :Smile_teethhappy:

5t4n1TM.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,960
[PVE]
Members
8,863 posts
7,288 battles

 Near the end when I was down to a bit of health left, I was going to trade me for the Fiji. When I saw he had headed towards our base, I figured that the red base was open.

 

1 minute ago, RedSeaBear said:

5t4n1TM.gif

 

Yes, that was my reaction to that Batman movie as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
601
[HYDRO]
Members
1,319 posts
3,668 battles

I am playing mostly DD's nowadays, what I can recommend for the Aigle is that you must take Demo Expert and Adrenaline Rush. This thing looks like a decent firebug, and with Speed Boost + the special upgrade for duration you can be firing from open water, just using the speed to evade and popping smoke when your speed boost is on cooldown. Of course, I haven't played the ship yet, so dunno if the shell arcs are helpful for such a playstyle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,960
[PVE]
Members
8,863 posts
7,288 battles
3 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

I am playing mostly DD's nowadays, what I can recommend for the Aigle is that you must take Demo Expert and Adrenaline Rush. This thing looks like a decent firebug, and with Speed Boost + the special upgrade for duration you can be firing from open water, just using the speed to evade and popping smoke when your speed boost is on cooldown. Of course, I haven't played the ship yet, so dunno if the shell arcs are helpful for such a playstyle.

 

I got a 10 pt captain with the Aigle, so I put PT, LS, SE and CE. I think that SE saved me from sinking in this game as I was pretty low at the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
601
[HYDRO]
Members
1,319 posts
3,668 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

 

I got a 10 pt captain with the Aigle, so I put PT, LS, SE and CE. I think that SE saved me from sinking in this game as I was pretty low at the end.

Yes, that's also a pretty valid skill since you play to your strengths. Just with the fire chance flags you can get to 10% which is also respectable.  And if you pick AR for a 12 point Captain you can further buff your reload as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,960
[PVE]
Members
8,863 posts
7,288 battles
4 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Yes, that's also a pretty valid skill since you play to your strengths. Just with the fire chance flags you can get to 10% which is also respectable.  And if you pick AR for a 12 point Captain you can further buff your reload as well.

 

Oh yeah, I will take DE and AR later, I just went with SE first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,960
[PVE]
Members
8,863 posts
7,288 battles
1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

I am playing mostly DD's nowadays, what I can recommend for the Aigle is that you must take Demo Expert and Adrenaline Rush. This thing looks like a decent firebug, and with Speed Boost + the special upgrade for duration you can be firing from open water, just using the speed to evade and popping smoke when your speed boost is on cooldown. Of course, I haven't played the ship yet, so dunno if the shell arcs are helpful for such a playstyle.

 

1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

 

I got a 10 pt captain with the Aigle, so I put PT, LS, SE and CE. I think that SE saved me from sinking in this game as I was pretty low at the end.

 

I know that SE saved me as I checked the picture above and I took 17,420 damage and according to the wiki the Aigle only has 17k hp. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,960
[PVE]
Members
8,863 posts
7,288 battles
5 minutes ago, BrandonKF said:

How far ahead of destroyers do you aim typically?

 

Twice the distance usually. This game I was spotted a lot so I didn't take much time to line up shots

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
594 posts
4,414 battles
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Twice the distance usually. This game I was spotted a lot so I didn't take much time to line up shots.

Someone tipped me off that twice isn't always true. Since Dynamic sights are set at 30 knots, and most higher tier destroyers come with speed boost and can already go over 30, you have to increase the lead by a couple more marks.

LittleWhiteMouse already said that Aigle would suffer on concealment, so you can't expect to charge into caps like you can with other destroyers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×