You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
7_3_PowerStroke

German BB build?

4 comments in this topic

Members
1,503 posts
7,911 battles

Hey

I personally would not take Survivability expert but would rather take Superintendent for the extra heal, aircraft fighter and the consumable (hydro).  I run my Bismarck without manual secondaries, just BFT/AFT and it works good, being able to shoot both sides of the ship, I also have basics of survivability on mine.  My Tirpitz is set up similar but with the full secondary build but to be honest, I don't find that they really do a significant amount of damage (sometimes but rather situational) at the expense of the main guns, since you have to select upgrades for secondaries over that of upgrades to main guns.  At T8 game play; manuals are more useful since gameplay is more fluid, moving.  At T9/10; the BB gameplay is more campy, sit back and snipe (BORING) and if you try to get close to brawl, in order to use those secondaries at 10.6 km, you get focused fired and lose much of your health.  German BB's have rather short range mani guns and crappy dispersion at range, they are also susceptible to long range fire but yet can tank close up damage quite well.  With today's meta at higher tiers; I would buff the main guns, buff the AA, and go for a survivability build.  So take P.M, E.M, A.R, S.I, BFT, AFT, FP (or Basics of survivability + Dual catapult fighter).  This is my Bismarck Captain and what I would run on a FDG (I would take FP on it though).  I would not take a full secondary build, as it is fun but too situational.  One could also buff the concealment with the Upgrade module, which is a good idea, I did this with my Bismarck (I did not on Tirpitz) and when I ran FDG.  hope this helps some.

Pete

[HINON]
Members
8,786 posts

Definitely don't get survivabiliy expert. It only makes sense on some dds. I like making room for fire prevention due to the amount of he spam at high tiers.

[KNMSU]
Members
1,358 posts
809 battles

swapped manual secondaries for CE, and SE for superintendent.

Edited by _Maho_Nishizumi_212