You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bubbleboy264

I HAVE HAD IT WITH BB AP DELETING ME IN MY DD FROM 14KM AWAY

95 comments in this topic

[WOLF4]
Members
387 posts
5,361 battles

I HAVE HAD IT WITH THIS [edited]. I dodge and weave and do everything I can and I still get fit for 15k volleys almost every game in my Khaba and even in my Gearing and other DDs. It’s [edited]obscene. When a B.B. as inaccurate as a GK suddenly gets laser rail death cannons whenever they so much as glance at me, and I do everything I can to avoid the shells and I STILL END UP EATING 10K VOLLIES IT MAKES ME PRETTY [edited]MAD. I DONT CARE DOWNVOTE ME TO HELL I HAVE HAD IT WITH BB AP AGAINST DDS. ITS COMPLETELY BROKEN AND ITS INACCEPTALBE HOW WG STILL HAS DONE  NOTHING TO FIX IT. I CANT DO MY JOB IN MY KHABA IF EVEN AT MAX RANGE AND GOING AT 48KNOTS ALL WHILE CONSTANTLY SHIFTING COURSE I STILL GET SHAT ON FOR HALF HEALTH IN 1 SALVO EVERY GAME. AND DONT GIVE ME THAT [edited] “GIT GUD”, LOOK UP MY STATS I AM GOOD. I’m just sick of this. I can’t play high tier dds anymore cause this crapalways happens to me. Fix this Wargaming for the love of god fix this. If a B.B. wants to delete a DD it should have to load HE, end of story. Rant over:etc_swear:

• Cool 4
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 25
  • Angry 1

[PVE]
Members
8,859 posts
7,257 battles
1 minute ago, bubbleboy264 said:

I HAVE HAD IT WITH THIS [edited]. I dodge and weave and do everything I can and I still get fit for 15k volleys almost every game in my Khaba and even in my Gearing and other DDs. It’s [edited]obscene. When a B.B. as inaccurate as a GK suddenly gets laser rail death cannons whenever they so much as glance at me, and I do everything I can to avoid the shells and I STILL END UP EATING 10K VOLLIES IT MAKES ME PRETTY [edited]MAD. I DONT CARE DOWNVOTE ME TO HELL I HAVE HAD IT WITH BB AP AGAINST DDS. ITS COMPLETELY BROKEN AND ITS INACCEPTALBE HOW WG STILL HAS DONE  NOTHING TO FIX IT. I CANT DO MY JOB IN MY KHABA IF EVEN AT MAX RANGE AND GOING AT 48KNOTS ALL WHILE CONSTANTLY SHIFTING COURSE I STILL GET SHAT ON FOR HALF HEALTH IN 1 SALVO EVERY GAME. AND DONT GIVE ME THAT [edited] “GIT GUD”, LOOK UP MY STATS I AM GOOD. I’m just sick of this. I can’t play high tier dds anymore cause this crapalways happens to me. Fix this Wargaming for the love of god fix this. If a B.B. wants to delete a DD it should have to load HE, end of story. Rant over:etc_swear:

Play a different type of ship if you DD WASD-fu is not up to surviving at high tier.

• Cool 2

[ANKER]
Members
229 posts
3,542 battles

Gearing and Khaba are the worst on this because they have enough thickness and pure armor thickness to fuse BB AP but while still incapable of completely defeating the shell. 
Wanna survive in your DD? Go broadside to battleships. It's counterintuitive yes, but it results in overpens instead of normal pens. You can't dodge high tier BB shells because either they have too many shells or are too accurate. So just go broadside (just not to conqueror HE) and let the BB overpen you. 

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
1 minute ago, Seniorious said:

Gearing and Khaba are the worst on this because they have enough thickness and pure armor thickness to fuse BB AP but while still incapable of completely defeating the shell. 
Wanna survive in your DD? Go broadside to battleships. It's counterintuitive yes, but it results in overpens instead of normal pens. You can't dodge high tier BB shells because either they have too many shells or are too accurate. So just go broadside (just not to conqueror HE) and let the BB overpen you. 

:Smile_great:This.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
4 minutes ago, bubbleboy264 said:

I generally agree but you lost me at the bold. Khab guns need nerfed, they can give it its agility back after they do that.

[WOLF4]
Members
387 posts
5,361 battles
1 minute ago, Seniorious said:

Well I can’t do that in my Khaba cause the 50mm plates will just eat the shells also. No matter what I do I still get blasted on a regular basis and I’m not a bad player in my Khaba 

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
318 posts
4,601 battles

Khab punishes every ship it can hit. But don't shoot back it because feelings get hurt.

Khab burned me down last time I saw one and my return fire probably made him laugh in glee as he wasd haxd out of the way.

• Cool 1

Members
2,059 posts
5,097 battles

Seriously, the best way to dodge is stay broadside, keep your speed as high as possible, and don't attempt hard turns.

If you're under 40kts you should be very careful.

Edited by X15
  • Funny 1

[ANKER]
Members
229 posts
3,542 battles
Just now, cavscout1739 said:

Khab punishes every ship it can hit. But don't shoot back it because feelings get hurt.

Khab burned me down last time I saw one and my return fire probably made him laugh in glee as he wasd haxd out of the way.

Good Khabas keep their distance and change their speed. If you just flit around at max speed the BBs can just set a specific lead and simply adjust aimpoint after that. You have to change speed constantly so their shells are never 100% on point. Otherwise the Battleship on something like the stock gunsight will just go "Oh, the 15 point lead is perfect for his speed, so I just have to adjust my aim point and predict where he'll turn". 
*BOOM*
It's that simple. Once a Khaba gets inside 10km it's pretty much over, and the Khaba has really screwed up if he gets that close to a Moskva because the HE flies faster than he can maneuver.

Members
2,274 posts
7,347 battles

I got Khaba recently and i dont have many issues with BB AP at that range, neither with Khaba or with Tashkent wich is also a large DD. Im also grinding Z-46 atm, dont have many issues with BB AP either. 

Also, Khaba is a really large DD with 50mm of armor, while that armor is good against cruiser and DD HE its Bad against BB AP because it will fuse their shells. That armor is a double edged sword.

OP probably got unlucky with a god like dispersion.

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,527 posts
3,521 battles

Not going to lie but it's because your sail a Khab, the enemy generally hates them because their near OP so your a priority target

• Cool 1

[YAN]
Members
1,636 posts
7,464 battles

Its a counter to khaba.

You play the cancer, you expect the tumours.

I don't have this issue in my khaba/grozo that much.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,169 posts
8,785 battles

Let me get this right, you have a 67% W/R and a 53% survival rate in the Khab and you are complaining about getting deleted?

• Cool 5

[4HIM]
Members
1,705 posts
3,893 battles
21 minutes ago, bubbleboy264 said:

If a B.B. wants to delete a DD it should have to load HE, end of story.

Given it takes a BB on average about 30 seconds to do that (if they don't already have HE loaded) and most DD's can disappear in under 30 sec, that would give them near immunity.  

• Cool 2

[RUSHB]
Members
138 posts
2,118 battles
44 minutes ago, Seniorious said:

Never even thought about that, just have the mindset of dodge and weave.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,385 posts
10,165 battles

OP has a ton of T8-T10 DD's that have 8-10+ torps and torp ranges of 8-16+km. With very rare exceptions (Russian gun boat DD Kiev is one ) the detection ranges are well under the torp ranges which allows for stealth torping. DD's also have smoke, speed, and maneuverability as defense if spotted.  High tier BB's are huge targets, with high detection range ( can be lowered significantly with CE/CSM1 but fire the guns and you show at every corner of the map), that turn like a pregnant whale stuck in quicksand. They have long reloads of the main guns (30 seconds +/-). If they shoot and miss at a ship that ship has 1/2 minute to spam HE and get it burning, launch torps to sink it, OR STOP SHOOTING TURN AND RUN to go dark so the BB CAN'T SEE YOU TO SHOOT AGAIN! 

If a DD player, with all of the advantages they have in stealth, speed, and maneuverability, is regularly getting blapped at 14km by the "cough cough" (:Smile_facepalm:) laser rail death canons of a GK (or any BB) then the issue is not the game or the accuracy of the BB. It is squarely on the DD player no matter how good they are. Plus a tip of the hat to the BB player for good aim.

Calling for BB's to only be able to use HE vs DD's is asinine. Expecting to wait through a 30 second reload if a DD pops up while they load HE, and being helpless until the guns reload, is asking for DD favoritism. I want to run around sinking BB's without taking any damage back so nerf BB's. What a joke. LOL

The DD players constantly whining about this need to get over it. BB's have a right to defend against you. You have the ability to send BB's to the bottom without ever being seen and you have the ability to remain hidden and undetected when needed to defend yourself. Use those abilities and stop trying to nerf the one defense the BB has against you.

Man this gets OLD! Bunch of...:Smile_child:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
spelling fix
  • Cool 11

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,169 posts
8,785 battles
11 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

OP has a ton of T8-T10 DD's that have 8-10+ torps and torp ranges of 8-16+km. With very rare exceptions (Russian gun boat DD Kiev is one ) the detection ranges are well under the torp ranges which allows for stealth torping. DD's also have smoke, speed, and maneuverability as defense if spotted.  High tier BB's are huge targets, with high detection range ( can be lowered significantly with CE/CSM1 but fire the guns and you show at every corner of the map), that turn like a pregnant whale stuck in quicksand. They have long reloads of the main guns (30 seconds +/-). If they shoot and miss at a ship that ship has 1/2 minute to spam HE and get it burning, launch torps to sink it, OR STOP SHOOTING TURN AND RUN to go dark so the BB CAN'T SEE YOU TO SHOOT AGAIN! 

If a DD player, with all of the advantages they have in stealth, speed, and maneuverability, is regularly getting blapped at 14km by the "cough cough" (:Smile_facepalm:) laser rail death cannons of a GK (or any BB) then the issue is not the game or the accuracy of the BB. It is squarely on the DD player no matter how good they are. Plus a tip of the hat to the BB player for good aim.

Calling for BB's to only be able to use HE vs DD's is asinine. Expecting to wait through a 30 second reload if a DD pops up while they load HE, and being helpless until the guns reload, is asking for DD favoritism. I want to run around sinking BB's without taking any damage back so nerf BB's. What a joke. LOL

The DD players constantly whining about this need to get over it. BB's have a right to defend against you. You have the ability to send BB's to the bottom without ever being seen and you have the ability to remain hidden and undetected when needed to defend yourself. Use those abilities and stop trying to nerf the one defense the BB has against you.

With his DD win and survival rates I can't even give him sympathy on getting deleted by BB's.

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

If a DD player, with all of the advantages they have in stealth, speed, and maneuverability, is regularly getting blapped at 14km by the "cough cough" (:Smile_facepalm:) laser rail death cannons of a GK (or any BB) then the issue is not the game or the accuracy of the BB. It is squarely on the DD player no matter how good they are.

First let me start by saying I'm not in any way defending the original poster, there's a lot wrong with what he said.

But I do have to take issue with something you said as well. There is a known and admitted (by devs) greater than intended amount of damage being inflicted by BB AP vs DDs. No one is saying "when you see a DD you need to switch ammo immediately and only fire HE". When you have a shot at a target, take that shot regardless of what is loaded. But then switch to the ammo type that is most effective since the switch takes the same amount of time as a reload (less with certain skills or conditions). But when my barely armored DD with no citadel gets hit broadside by a BB firing AP and I take 20k damage from one full volley that the devs have stated should only have done 4k (or whatever the math works out to be) - that's ridiculous.

Doing 20k damage to a fully armored BB with upwards of 100k hp is intended. That's why they have 100k hp and heavy armor, they're meant to tank.

Doing 20k damage to a basically unarmored DD that AP should just over-pen, a DD with only 18-21k hp to start with, is not how to balance a game. A shell cutting clean thru a DD without exploding within, shouldn't be causing that much damage. Yes the concussive force of the round passing thru will likely kill anyone in that compartment, yes anything struck will be obliterated, but if it doesn't hit a vital component the DD will continue along just fine.

As I said, there's a lot wrong with the original poster's post (he claims to be taking hits from a brawler BB at near long-range and claiming those incoming shells are laser accurate - he's also complaining about taking too much damage in a ship (Khaba) that is widely considered OP and extremely hard to damage... he lost most of his credibility).

[IN3PT]
Members
199 posts
11,198 battles
4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

With his DD win and survival rates I can't even give him sympathy on getting deleted by BB's.

There has been plenty of comments by the top players and streamers about the effects of bbs ap being way to powerful. He'll business6 won t play high tier dds anymore, flambas s is a dd main and complains about the state of bbs all the time. 

Why would anyone not take the advise if the top percentage of the playerbasd? They obviously understand the game mechanics better than the VAST majority...

Yet your answer is because the op is really good in the khab than his opinion doesn't matter???

The opinions of 41% wr plays like admiral there should not matter....

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,385 posts
10,165 battles
24 minutes ago, FleetAdmiral_Assassin said:

First let me start by saying I'm not in any way defending the original poster, there's a lot wrong with what he said.

But I do have to take issue with something you said as well. There is a known and admitted (by devs) greater than intended amount of damage being inflicted by BB AP vs DDs. No one is saying "when you see a DD you need to switch ammo immediately and only fire HE". When you have a shot at a target, take that shot regardless of what is loaded. But then switch to the ammo type that is most effective since the switch takes the same amount of time as a reload (less with certain skills or conditions). But when my barely armored DD with no citadel gets hit broadside by a BB firing AP and I take 20k damage from one full volley that the devs have stated should only have done 4k (or whatever the math works out to be) - that's ridiculous.

Doing 20k damage to a fully armored BB with upwards of 100k hp is intended. That's why they have 100k hp and heavy armor, they're meant to tank.

Doing 20k damage to a basically unarmored DD that AP should just over-pen, a DD with only 18-21k hp to start with, is not how to balance a game. A shell cutting clean thru a DD without exploding within, shouldn't be causing that much damage. Yes the concussive force of the round passing thru will likely kill anyone in that compartment, yes anything struck will be obliterated, but if it doesn't hit a vital component the DD will continue along just fine.

As I said, there's a lot wrong with the original poster's post (he claims to be taking hits from a brawler BB at near long-range and claiming those incoming shells are laser accurate - he's also complaining about taking too much damage in a ship (Khaba) that is widely considered OP and extremely hard to damage... he lost most of his credibility).

I am aware of the bug where 1 hit can register as an over pen and regular pen. That needs to be fixed. But otherwise things are fine as is.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,385 posts
10,165 battles
27 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I thought the exact same. 

• Cool 1

Members
3,412 posts
6,072 battles

Which BBs are doing this so I can buy it.  Hitting at 14 KM away mean you aren't really trying to wasd or the BB driver is extremely lucky.  I wish I could hit a DD fro 15K damage even a couple times a month.  Or you are being overly dramatic and really inflating the damage done.  I would bet on the latter.

[EQRN]
Members
303 posts
8,655 battles

The number of times I get one shell doing full pen damage on a DD vs full volley of misses while driving a BB is... cry me a river OP.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
2 hours ago, bubbleboy264 said:

6NAWIPU.gif

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,169 posts
8,785 battles
21 minutes ago, ENxRagexD said:

There has been plenty of comments by the top players and streamers about the effects of bbs ap being way to powerful. He'll business6 won t play high tier dds anymore, flambas s is a dd main and complains about the state of bbs all the time. 

Why would anyone not take the advise if the top percentage of the playerbasd? They obviously understand the game mechanics better than the VAST majority...

Yet your answer is because the op is really good in the khab than his opinion doesn't matter???

The opinions of 41% wr plays like admiral there should not matter....

He has a freaking 53% survival rate in that particular DD. I don't think he really needs any help with it. I suppose 50% players are not welcome to say anything either?