You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
shadowsrmine

Three Times out of ten the controls in battle are locked up

9 comments in this topic

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,940 posts

:Smile_amazed::Smile_ohmy:Right,Left,Speed Up,Slow Down,Zoom In,Zoom Out all will not respond three times out of ten quite frequently making it difficult to do anything:Smile_sad::Smile_sceptic::Smile-angry:

Edited by shadowsrmine

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,167 posts
8,785 battles

We are not seeing lots of people coming here with this so it is likely something on your end or in between your computer and the server. The first two things to do are remove mods if you are using any and to close the WGC from the system tray if you use that.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,940 posts

No Mods Installed whether WG  supplied or independent or illegal None!  Not familiar with WGC so likely not that either.    Also some my friends have mentioned this issue and I've also heard people discussing it in chat so make of that what you will

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,856 battles

Something I've done (stupidly) is to press "Enter" by mistake and when your computer is in chat mode your ship controls are frozen. Sounds silly but many games I see an entire line of "dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd" or "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" when someone realizes they are in chat and not playing their ship. Just a thought.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,940 posts

Yup that HAS happened however that's not the issue here,    Most recently pressed the shift key to zoom in and when that provided no action and I was getting hit hard I attempted to steer away and back out of action but all keys were locked until my ship was sunk then  and then was I able get any reaction after it was too late too do any good

Edited by shadowsrmine

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,167 posts
8,785 battles
52 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

No Mods Installed whether WG  supplied or independent or illegal None!  Not familiar with WGC so likely not that either.    Also some my friends have mentioned this issue and I've also heard people discussing it in chat so make of that what you will

Those are obligatory when people have problems. There are lag issues that arise on occasion that would cause that but I would still go through your computer with a fine toothed comb to eliminate issues on your end.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,940 posts

You might have 'Been' right if it weren't for my Clan Mates as well as the people in chat,   And we are an affiliate of one of the oldest gaming community's online and as parting joining we have to agree not to use any illegal mods or cheats or we get bounced when found out.   As far as WG's legal mods NTY the game is confusing enuff as it is.   So yeah it's not just me

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,940 posts

Oh  last night I saw another type of issue I brought the team screen up to try and invite someone to division up and the screen wouldn't  come down until I'd been deleted then it came down....................Way too late tho,     And just now my Omaha while in battle just started driving itself turning every which way out in the open wouldn't respond to any command at all except fire

Edited by shadowsrmine

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
43 posts
6,388 battles

I have this problem too, twice actually, at the beginning of battle. none of my controls respond and if press tab it shows the team scoreboard and it gets stuck there.

I also do not run mods at all

Edited by penguinsstar
  • Cool 1