You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LunchCutter

What have they done to the Minekaze?

16 comments in this topic

Members
228 posts
1,077 battles

My favourite goto boat? I used to love this thing, had my first go in a year with it on Thursday (only started playing again last month), felt ok except the guns traverse at BB speed and have the reload of a cruiser with the stopping power of a tier 1 DD:( Tts torps have ok range but are incredible slow, targets seem to dodge excellent spreads with ease and I just can't bloody win in it!!!! 8 straight losses Thursday in it, 5 yesterday and 4 today.. idiot, idiot teams and I'm always on the wrong lemming side:( Just cannot win...

Once US DD's see you they start salivating and always come hammering after you, every hit starts a fire or cripples it even with the damage upgrades.

This boat really feels rubbish, everyone I spoke to in game and in my clan said its completely fubar but I didn't want to believe them..  All it seems to be doing is frustrating me... The US DD's are vastly superior.

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by LunchCutter
  • Cool 1

Members
228 posts
1,077 battles

Lost 5 @%#$#$@%%#$! more games straight, this boat is %%$#$% cursed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 90k damage and 4 ships sunk last game and my moron team still just yolo charge to their deaths... The bottom 4 players scored less than 200...

Edited by LunchCutter

[SYN]
Members
4,525 posts
11,433 battles

The IJN DD line has arguably become the worst line of any in the entire game.  Over the past year or more WG nerfed the f-ck out of most of them, almost as if it were personal.  Only the infinitely patient and/or masochists now need apply.

• Cool 3

Members
228 posts
1,077 battles

Yeah.. Selling all my Japanese DD's, they really are zero fun, no idea how they turned a fun boat into utter garbage.. Kinda killed my interest in this game as it was my favourite tub. my last game I hit a Mahan twice with torps and he still didn't sink, lol ...:(

Edited by LunchCutter

[4HIM]
Members
1,701 posts
3,864 battles

Yeah, the IJN DD line is next to the bottom of lines I enjoy playing.  Only one I think is worse are the RU DD's.  

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Supertester
4,084 posts
4,098 battles

Eh, losing that many games just looks like bad luck, also if you continously lose them then you'll probably become tilded.... and lose more

[USCC2]
Members
3,426 posts

Yep - before they split the IJN line/nerfed the Minekaze it sat at 92 out of the 187 ships in game. It had a 52% WR and killed less than one ship on average per game (0.9).

Those stats do not paint a picture of a ship that needed nerfing - I guess certain players just can't take smaller ships doing good damage compared to other ships; hurt their pride maybe?

[POP]
Members
1,224 posts
8,020 battles

The Kamikaze-R is still almost reasonable. But yeah the Min and the Iso even got heavily nerfed. I could fairly reliably get Krakens in both. Not anymore. 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,317 posts
11,420 battles

Tier 8 Atkazuki with 100 MM guns....

Tier 9 Yugo.....

Both of these ships are a beast....

Others are meh or worse.

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
Beta Testers
434 posts
3 hours ago, LunchCutter said:

Yeah.. Selling all my Japanese DD's, they really are zero fun, no idea how they turned a fun boat into utter garbage.. Kinda killed my interest in this game as it was my favourite tub. my last game I hit a Mahan twice with torps and he still didn't sink, lol ...:(

If you want to play DDs with un-nerfed IJN torps, play the Pan Asians.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,521 posts
24,580 battles
3 hours ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Yeah, the IJN DD line is next to the bottom of lines I enjoy playing.  Only one I think is worse are the RU DD's.  

OMG

If you can’t have fun in Kiev, Udaloi, and Khabarovsk, we can’t help you. Leningrad and Okhotnik are hysterical if for different reasons. Ognevoi is grossly underrated, and Grozovoi is rarely played despite stealth and GUNS.

Among IJN DDs, Isokaze still holds her own at Tier 4. The T5s suck now (except for Fujin and the Kamikaze twins, aka the Minekaze as it once was). Both T6s are decent. I am still ticked off about the nerf to the Shiratsuyu. Akizuki - if you don’t have fun playing this ship I can’t help you either. And the T9 Yugumo is silent death. Sure the Fletcher is a better ship all around, but achieving success in the Yugumo is so satisfying. 

Members
228 posts
1,077 battles

Still can't believe the Mahan ate 2 tops, 5k damage both times and no leaks. He then gave me a pounding with his guns while my useless, inaccurate, slow firing boomsticks hit him for 200dmg... Everytime my Mahan was hit by a torp it was always a 10+k hit than caused sinking and usually death soon after.. A good salvo from a tier 5 cruiser hits just as hard as this things Torps. 

[4HIM]
Members
1,701 posts
3,864 battles
2 hours ago, Landing_Skipper said:

If you can’t have fun in Kiev, Udaloi, and Khabarovsk, we can’t help you. Leningrad and Okhotnik are hysterical if for different reasons. Ognevoi is grossly underrated, and Grozovoi is rarely played despite stealth and GUNS.

I can't have fun in Kiev on up because I haven't ground that far.  Furthest I've gone in that line is the Pud.  It has 'meh' guns, no stealth, and torpedoes that shouldn't even be bothered with.  It's little better than the Izzy, but loses the protected MM that the Izzy enjoys.  Lenny and Oh-hot-chick are fun, but not tree ships.  Love the Oh-hot-chick.  Even when I have a bad game where I don't do well I still have fun with it.  Never fully clicked with the Lenny, but I haven't played it that much.  Though with a speed flag and spood beast engaged, you can almost get to a cap before your guns load.  For an April Fool's thing, WG should add a group of water skiers behind it.  

pyramid-of-water-skiers-cypress-gardens-