Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HazeGrayUnderway

French Mission Reward BBs: Really supposed to be Premium Ships?

32 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

4,590
[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,598 posts
14,017 battles

I unlocked Tier V Bretagne mission today from one of my French Container x3 reward boxes, got the ship now.  Surprised to see this Tech Tree ship as a Premium?  Is that supposed to be right?  I swapped in my Henri IV captain in without the retraining required.

rFev83y.jpg

Nothing in the mission news page mentioned it supposed to be a premium.  I saw the same thing with someone else that got lucky with a Richelieu.

 

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,462
[HINON]
Supertester
18,921 posts
12,454 battles

They have to be treated as premium ships since they don't have a parent tech tree in the game that they belong to. That said, they should have the normal tech tree ship XP and credit modifiers and the only premium aspect about them is the captain nthing.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
1,940 posts
Quote

Note that the French battleship rewards will come in their basic configurations, with fully researched and purchased modules. However, you will not be able to research the next ship in the branch in Update 0.7.1. You will only be able to save the experience for the next ship, and research it with the release of Update 0.7.2. The reward ships will have some Premium ship benefits: you can use any French Commander without retraining, but only until the release of Update 0.7.2. The coefficients of earned experience and credits will be similar to the standard ones of the researched ships.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

i got the bretagne and second set of boxes gave me normandie op.        so,  it is considered premium until full released.   still good in that it is fully upgraded.  

Edited by centarina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
60
[_USS_]
[_USS_]
Members
284 posts
9,101 battles

bought 5 crates, got 2 personal missions one for the tier 5 and one for the tier 6. I played tonight and have both in port. just played the Normandie........it's ok. The dispersion is minute of football field. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30
[CVA16]
Members
97 posts
4,573 battles

Part of me wishes they remained premium. That way I could use a captain on them without retraining after the next update. 

 

I was lucky. I got all four missions in 25 crates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
53 posts
4,894 battles

Where are the missions listed?  I got all 3 crates and don't see any missions.  Did I get screwed? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,123
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,109 posts
18,631 battles
1 minute ago, Senkan said:

Where are the missions listed?  I got all 3 crates and don't see any missions.  Did I get screwed? lol

Complete random. Most got at least the T5 mission out of the first 10 container.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
53 posts
4,894 battles
2 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Complete random. Most got at least the T5 mission out of the first 10 container.

That's why I was wondering where the missions were listed.  I'll look around.  I finished all required combat missions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
155
[YARRR]
Members
393 posts
4,729 battles

Am I the only one that finds Bretagne, well, underwhelming?

Glad I didn't pay anything for it.   I'll keep it around for a while and see how it goes, but at best it's a solid meh.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,123
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,109 posts
18,631 battles
6 minutes ago, Senkan said:

That's why I was wondering where the missions were listed.  I'll look around.  I finished all required combat missions.

If you get a ship mission out of a container you will see it as a personal mission.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,123
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,109 posts
18,631 battles
5 minutes ago, ElAurens said:

Am I the only one that finds Bretagne, well, underwhelming?

Glad I didn't pay anything for it.   I'll keep it around for a while and see how it goes, but at best it's a solid meh.

 

Same. The only reason to keep her is that you don’t have to start at T3 with the French BB. And sell her if you get a better one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,014
[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,781 battles
2 hours ago, ElAurens said:

Am I the only one that finds Bretagne, well, underwhelming?

Glad I didn't pay anything for it.   I'll keep it around for a while and see how it goes, but at best it's a solid meh.

She is most definitely a "meh" ship. I just got the Lyon, the Bretagne is going to be sold when the French BB tech tree goes live. Just hanging on to her in case I want to get the tier 6 but have used the current free module dismounting to get her ready for sale. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,435
[REVY]
Members
6,014 posts
5,102 battles

I can only say this.  When I got the Bretange, I accidentally sent her into battle in stock configuration.  I was getting Kawachi flashbacks with the 19kt speed and slow turret traverse and the immobile rudder.

Also, stock Bretange has weird low res stock AA guns on the deck.  Like laughably bad.

Edited by Sventex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,941
[SYN]
Members
14,370 posts
10,239 battles

Do you remember when Konigsberg and Ognevoi were prerelease premiums?

Yeah, same thing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,590
[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,598 posts
14,017 battles
5 hours ago, ElAurens said:

Am I the only one that finds Bretagne, well, underwhelming?

Glad I didn't pay anything for it.   I'll keep it around for a while and see how it goes, but at best it's a solid meh.

 

Bretagne is a Tier V BB, that already makes her underwhelming, unless that Tier V BB is Caesar.  Even worse, when you look up Bretagne's armor protection and compare it to New York, NY is a tougher BB.  Let that sink in.

 

Then to top it off, Tier VI & VII French BBs have worse armor than Bretagne.

 

Lyon gets by at Tier VII because she has 16 dice rolls to more than make up for every single one of her big deficiencies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,014
[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,781 battles
1 hour ago, Sventex said:

I can only say this.  When I got the Bretange, I accidentally sent her into battle in stock configuration.  I was getting Kawachi flashbacks with the 19kt speed and slow turret traverse and the immobile rudder.

Also, stock Bretange has weird low res stock AA guns on the deck.  Like laughably bad.

Mine came fully upgraded. I went into a PvE match and did poorly. One of the other players said that maybe the ship would be better once upgraded as consolation for my crappy performance. After the match went to port to look at the upgrades and they were already on the ship. That is when I realized the ship was marked as "premium".  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,435
[REVY]
Members
6,014 posts
5,102 battles
7 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Mine came fully upgraded. I went into a PvE match and did poorly. One of the other players said that maybe the ship would be better once upgraded as consolation for my crappy performance. After the match went to port to look at the upgrades and they were already on the ship. That is when I realized the ship was marked as "premium".  

The upgrades were free, but weren’t pre-mounted for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,014
[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,781 battles
22 minutes ago, Sventex said:

The upgrades were free, but weren’t pre-mounted for me.

Ahh ok that makes more sense. Oddly enough mine were, very strange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
172
[NGA-S]
Beta Testers
402 posts
5,802 battles

So if I have a captain on the Bretagne, and the patch comes and it reverts to a normal tech tree ship, will the captain automatically get retrained for the Bretgane, or will I need to retrain him manually?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,014
[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,781 battles
3 hours ago, Crap_Shoot said:

So if I have a captain on the Bretagne, and the patch comes and it reverts to a normal tech tree ship, will the captain automatically get retrained for the Bretgane, or will I need to retrain him manually?

This was something I was wondering about as well. As far as I know, this is the first time with "temporary" premium ships so we will probably need a WG person to answer this. What I plan to do is to put whatever captain I want in the ship before the tech tree line goes live and hope for the best. 

Edited by Taylor3006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
669
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,934 posts
On 2/16/2018 at 1:53 AM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Bretagne is a Tier V BB, that already makes her underwhelming, unless that Tier V BB is Caesar.  Even worse, when you look up Bretagne's armor protection and compare it to>>>-->> New York, NY is a tougher BB.  Let that sink in.<<--<<<

 

Then to top it off, Tier VI & VII French BBs have worse armor than Bretagne.

 

Lyon gets by at Tier VII because she has 16 dice rolls to more than make up for every single one of her big deficiencies.

I don't know about armor On that you may be right  However the Bretagne isn't any slower  and it does hit harder and farther out than NOT ONLY the New York but the New Mexico as well both of which have problems hitting anything further out than 15 km and it's iffy reaching that far  I much prefer playing the Bretagne to either the New York or the New Mexico and that's speaking as a player normally prefers playing a cruiser.   Only grinding the USN BB's to get the No.Carolina

Edited by shadowsrmine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
440
[4HIM]
Members
1,703 posts
3,886 battles

Still waiting to get even one mission from the crates.  My crate curse continues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
669
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,934 posts

Happens  OTH my  RNG  Win rate is even worse  I'm just too stubborn(pig headed some people call it:Smile_teethhappy:............................In fact that's probably the only reason I have a win rate at all) to give up easily

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×