You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

C'mon WG. Turn off the emblems already

70 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
8,430 posts
25,296 battles

Please guys, get it done. I'd like to see my last torps hit -- missed that twice today -- my last shells land. I'd like to watch the action. The information on who killed who is already given in the roll of kills on the right-hand side.

It's been one patch already. Can we get those hideous emblems out of the middle of the screen in 7.2?

Edited by Taichunger
  • Cool 15
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 3

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,228 battles

I want an Emblem of a Giant [edited]or a Donkey just for the lulz

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles

I had to laugh when a bots emblem popped up when i got sunk during an op.

Like really? A bot?

• Funny 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,871 posts
13,382 battles

I think Wargaming's answer is something like this

Spoiler

image.png.920bf634cec82be3144c752ab21bf150.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

Beta Testers
1,291 posts
3,583 battles

They seem to think that adults don't play this game which we do and it rather silly not to have an off switch to emblems. Going to download Aslain's modpack I guess since wg can't seem to listen anymore.

• Cool 1

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,228 battles

oh they listen and you doing exactly what they want... think about it

[RKN]
Members
1,424 posts
11,776 battles

I quite like them. 

Just kidding. 

I like hovering over the person in the start menu and seeing they have a super special emblem. A bit like an MM monitor if you will. But havung it show up after you die kind of sucks. Fortunately I have a high survival percentage so not a problem. 

[TF16B]
Members
8,063 posts
16,998 battles

Right now the various alarms annoy me more than the emblems.

Not as bad as the old citadel noise, thankfully; but a don't need the bloody collision alarm shrieking in my ears when I hug an island with a CV in Co-op; or for a stupidly long time if I run into someone in any game mode...

Really wish there was some way in settings to turn the arfing things off.

[SYN]
Members
4,525 posts
11,433 battles
2 hours ago, landedkiller said:

Going to download Aslain's modpack I guess since wg can't seem to listen anymore.

The only time I ever downloaded and installed Aslain's pack was just to turn the stupid emblems off when getting sunk.

Badges and emblems are fine otherwise, but how they're presented during the match is absolutely puerile.

• Cool 5

Members
296 posts
39 battles
6 hours ago, GuntherPrein said:

I want an Emblem of a Giant [edited]or a Donkey just for the lulz

There was a clan in WoT for a few months a couple of years back called [GSPOT], and the emblem was a particularly hairy [edited].

Members
3,411 posts
6,072 battles

The emblem is the only way I know who sunk me since the kill roll goes too fast, hard to read (small for my old eyes), and many times people get killed right after I do.  By the time I look at the roll - it is well off.

Beta Testers
474 posts
3,816 battles

Just the vocal minority doing what they do best. Nothing interesting to see here.

• Cool 6
  • Bad 1

[HINON]
Members
8,836 posts
15 minutes ago, Ruthless4u said:

I don't even notice the emblems, guess I'm lucky

Or immortal :cap_like:

[PNP]
Members
4,314 posts
13,313 battles
6 hours ago, landedkiller said:

They seem to think that adults don't play this game which we do and it rather silly not to have an off switch to emblems. Going to download Aslain's modpack I guess since wg can't seem to listen anymore.

I find it rather Silly that  "Adults" these days need to cry about everything.   WG listens, but you "Adults" act more like 5 year old's and can't wait a patch or two for them to possibly implement a change.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[WOLF4]
Beta Testers
434 posts

I don’t see the emblems as that much of a problem.  I’m not so emotionally fragile that they offend me, and I can still press the shift key and free camera all I want.  

Members
3,411 posts
6,072 battles
4 minutes ago, Eichbomb said:

I don’t see the emblems as that much of a problem.  I’m not so emotionally fragile that they offend me, and I can still press the shift key and free camera all I want.  

Heck - even hit the key where you follow your torps/shells.

Beta Testers
1,166 posts
7,943 battles

And, truth be told, they are on screen for such a brief instant, they don't obscure much of the action.

[INTEL]
Members
8,430 posts
25,296 battles
16 hours ago, Shadowrigger1 said:

I find it rather Silly that  "Adults" these days need to cry about everything.   WG listens, but you "Adults" act more like 5 year old's and can't wait a patch or two for them to possibly implement a change.

What's cool is that there is always someone willing to demonstrate his deep insecurities with comments like this. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

[ARRGG]
Members
4,674 posts
7,503 battles
8 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Please guys, get it done. I'd like to see my last torps hit -- missed that twice today -- my last shells land. I'd like to watch the action. The information on who killed who is already given in the roll of kills on the right-hand side.

It's been one patch already. Can we get those hideous emblems out of the middle of the screen in 7.2?

Making them a tad smaller would be nice and having  more variety of emblems.. getting tired of getting sunk by the same flying squirrel 

• Funny 1

[NG-NL]
Members
4,959 posts
8,103 battles
4 hours ago, Kuckoo said:

The only time I ever downloaded and installed Aslain's pack was just to turn the stupid emblems off when getting sunk.

Badges and emblems are fine otherwise, but how they're presented during the match is absolutely puerile.

There's an option already to turn them off?

What section in the preview window? Must've missed it last time.

Alpha Tester
2,727 posts
4,327 battles
45 minutes ago, Nukelavee45 said:

And, truth be told, they are on screen for such a brief instant, they don't obscure much of the action.

"Brief instant" is the very same "brief instant" that your ordnance finish off your enemy...

Beta Testers
1,166 posts
7,943 battles
Just now, pyantoryng said:

"Brief instant" is the very same "brief instant" that your ordnance finish off your enemy...

Except when your target was more than one or two Km away... fire at a target 10k away in a Fletcher, Brit CL, etc.  Torps from virtually anything more than a couple K out.

I mean, it's not like you can't see yourself gain a few ribbons or watch your damage count increase.

[PNP]
Members
4,314 posts
13,313 battles
55 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

What's cool is that there is always someone willing to demonstrate his deep insecurities with comments like this. 

And even cooler that you respond to it.

• Funny 1