Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

Not being political BUT?

19 comments in this topic

Members
4,451 posts
6,152 battles

When it pull up Scharnhorst I get the German national anthem. When I pull up an American ship I do not get The Star Spangled Banner.  When I pull up a French ship I do not hear Marseillaise.  Why:?  Just curious. I do not mean this as political....so don't do that. Just wondering.  Well maybe it cannot help but be a tad bit political. Whatever. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
8,997 battles

What?  Where are you hearing any national anthem?  When you select (pull up) the ship?

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
8,997 battles

Or should I ask; did your parents have any children that lived? Lol

[H-W-C]
Members
1,259 posts
3,306 battles
2 minutes ago, BullHalsey said:

What?  Where are you hearing any national anthem?  When you select (pull up) the ship?

Probably means it automatically plays in his head or something like that.

[WOLF6]
Members
300 posts
4,346 battles
11 minutes ago, dmckay said:

When it pull up Scharnhorst I get the German national anthem. When I pull up an American ship I do not get The Star Spangled Banner.  When I pull up a French ship I do not hear Marseillaise.  Why:?  Just curious. I do not mean this as political....so don't do that. Just wondering.  Well maybe it cannot help but be a tad bit political. Whatever. :Smile_honoring:

Ummm , might your port be Hamburg ? It plays Deutschland Uber Alles in the Hamburg port on occasion .

[H-W-C]
Members
1,259 posts
3,306 battles
Just now, retic1959 said:

Ummm , might your port be Hamburg ? It plays Deutschland Uber Alles in the Hamburg port on occasion .

Oh yeeeaaah...

• Cool 1

Members
4,451 posts
6,152 battles
2 minutes ago, retic1959 said:

Some here seem to not know what I am referring to.  Tks.  Hamburg.  Deutschland Uber Alles. Some seem not to know what that song is.  Whatever.

Members
4,451 posts
6,152 battles
12 minutes ago, BullHalsey said:

Or should I ask; did your parents have any children that lived? Lol

WOW.  Boy do people get 7 years old the later it gets at night. 7 year old retort. Wow. :Smile_popcorn:

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
8,997 battles
2 minutes ago, dmckay said:

WOW.  Boy do people get 7 years old the later it gets at night. 7 year old retort. Wow. :Smile_popcorn:

It was a joke and Full Metal Jacket reference dude.  Lighten up Francis ;-)

Members
4,451 posts
6,152 battles
17 minutes ago, BullHalsey said:

It was a joke and Full Metal Jacket reference dude.  Lighten up Francis ;-)

Ha.  Ok.  Touch me or my stuff and ....I will k#ll you. It was too subtle.  I did not pick up on it.  Tks for clarification.  :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[LHG]
Members
1,618 posts
4,887 battles
44 minutes ago, BullHalsey said:

When you pull a ship up in the port of Hamburg, the music playing is a variation of the anthem Deutschlandlied which was the official German Anthem from about 1922 to through the present time.  After WWII, the first two stanza's were dropped I believe but otherwise it's the same athem the Germans used in WWII

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel

Members
4,451 posts
6,152 battles
3 minutes ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

When you pull a ship up in the port of Hamburg, the music playing is a variation of the anthem Deutschlandlied which was the official German Anthem from about 1922 to through the present time.  After WWII, the first two stanza's were dropped I believe but otherwise it's the same athem the Germans used in WWII

Yes. Tks.  Maybe I should not have even mentioned this. Some seemed to not know what I was talking about. Good info.  Carry on. :Smile_honoring:

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
8,997 battles
20 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Ha.  Ok.  Touch me or my stuff and ....I will k#ll you. It was too subtle.  I did not pick up on it.  Tks for clarification.  :Smile_teethhappy:

If any of you [edited]....Touches Me...I'll kill ya

Members
4,451 posts
6,152 battles
2 minutes ago, BullHalsey said:

If any of you [edited]....Touches Me...I'll kill ya

Lighten up! :Smile_teethhappy:

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
8,997 battles
2 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Lighten up! :Smile_teethhappy:

That's funny in and of itself; I can write 'I'll kill ya', but not [edited] without censorship.

[LHG]
Members
1,618 posts
4,887 battles
26 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Yes. Tks.  Maybe I should not have even mentioned this. Some seemed to not know what I was talking about. Good info.  Carry on. :Smile_honoring:

No problem, not a lot of people go around learning other nation's anthems.  The song seemed familiar but it took me a bit to put together what was really playing. :Smile_great:

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel

Members
4,451 posts
6,152 battles
12 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

Really cool movie and this IMO was a GREAT scene.  Anyone know who played Francis?  Hell of an acting job. THE scene that no one forgets if they ever saw that film. 

Members
3,412 posts
6,072 battles
51 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Really cool movie and this IMO was a GREAT scene.  Anyone know who played Francis?  Hell of an acting job. THE scene that no one forgets if they ever saw that film. 

Conrad Dunn - looks to be his first acting job or at least movie.

Sign in to follow this