You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017

DDs capable of downing air units? We are so not gonna have that! Not untile T IX anyway - WG

24 comments in this topic

Members
363 posts
2,175 battles

Hell, let's totally ---- up these DD players by totally allowing all sorts of aircraft parking right on top of them. And we share the spotting so the whole point of DDs' concealment is completely defeated. 

NIIIIICE WORK! 

Don't forget to pat yourselves on the back guys, good job. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
630 posts
4,128 battles

Hey, my Kamikaze shot down a plane just the other day! It was a lucky hit with a flare gun, but it still counts!

• Funny 1

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
8,980 battles

Try a full AA spec Sims.  It's only T9-10 CVs that get really ridiculous anyway.

Pretty hard to complain about destroyer invisibility.  Such an OP tool.  I think DDs on balance are the easiest ship type in game to do well in.  Not to say being constantly aircraft spotted doesn't happen and is not a cause for frustration, of course it is.

[H-W-C]
Members
1,258 posts
3,306 battles

I've once shot down three planes in Wakatake before.

No, really.

It's that or my profile page is messing with me.

[LEGIT]
Beta Testers
297 posts
15,745 battles
38 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

Hell, let's totally ---- up these DD players by totally allowing all sorts of aircraft parking right on top of them. And we share the spotting so the whole point of DDs' concealment is completely defeated. 

NIIIIICE WORK! 

Don't forget to pat yourselves on the back guys, good job. 

What was CV on your team doing? Generally, I try to shoo away enemy planes spotting my DDs with my fighters when I am in CV. It's more of an issue enemy CV is doing what she was supposed to and CV on your team wasn't. Unless you went solo too far from your team and your friendly CV for air cover.

Edited by SoftAndCute

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
37 minutes ago, BullHalsey said:

I think DDs on balance are the easiest ship type in game to do well in

quick correction BBs are the easiest class in the game to play. as for DDs being balanced the DD meta seems to be gun focused(any DD mains can correct me if I'm wrong) so the IJN DDs tend to suffer.

[NASTY]
[NASTY]
Members
140 posts
11,025 battles

Tier 7 the Sims with AA build Tier 8 Kidd then Fletcher at tier X Grozovoi is the beast has better AA then Tier 8-9 cruisers if full AA build but Gearing and Z-52 also not bad.

[SBS]
Members
2,404 posts
2,253 battles
11 minutes ago, BullHalsey said:

Try a full AA spec Sims.

Sure, a full AA spec in certain DDs will work.  The problem is that it's not practical to AA spec in DDs (that's true for most ships in the game too).  AA spec'ed ships are mostly just a novelty since there are so few CV games.  DD players need every captain skill they can get for survival and concealment, that doesn't leave much for AA.

17 minutes ago, BullHalsey said:

Pretty hard to complain about destroyer invisibility.

Concealment is the primary survival tool of DDs.  There are already a ton of things that counter DD concealment spotter/fighter planers, double spotter planes, RPF, hydro, radar and other DDs.  Higher tiers DDs are precariously balanced with the proliferation of radar and hydro, when you add CVs to the mix the balance is thrown off.  I think its fair to be unhappy about about a class that is unbalanced be another.      

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,320 posts
14,667 battles

Woe be unto the CV who parks over my Akizuki.

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
8,980 battles
1 minute ago, skull_122_steel said:

quick correction BBs are the easiest class in the game to play. as for DDs being balanced the DD meta seems to be gun focused(any DD mains can correct me if I'm wrong) so the IJN DDs tend to suffer.

Well I have been mostly a BB player, and find destroyers to be the easiest out of all the classes.  Even spotting while remaining undetected is a large advantage for the team.  If you can cap, spot, and survive to the end of the match when you're really needed, it's easy.  If you have the map and situational awareness.  DDs win matches.

[REVY]
Members
6,012 posts
5,102 battles
48 minutes ago, Jiggiwatt said:

Hey, my Kamikaze shot down a plane just the other day! It was a lucky hit with a flare gun, but it still counts!

I did that once!  I think that was the only time though.

70jTPH1.jpg

[NASTY]
[NASTY]
Members
140 posts
11,025 battles

I have full AA spec on all my destroyers I see CV's in 60% of my games over the last 30 days and if you have the captain points why not use them on something that can benefit you first 2 games I ever played in my Fletcher had Femmenenly in a CV on the opposite team so just have used AA build sense then.

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
1 minute ago, BullHalsey said:

Well I have been mostly a BB player, and find destroyers to be the easiest out of all the classes.  Even spotting while remaining undetected is a large advantage for the team.  If you can cap, spot, and survive to the end of the match when you're really needed, it's easy.  If you have the map and situational awareness.  DDs win matches.

no argument here but a poorly played DD will suffer from mistakes a lot more than a BB. BBs are more nood friendly than a DD

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
8,980 battles
15 minutes ago, skull_122_steel said:

no argument here but a poorly played DD will suffer from mistakes a lot more than a BB. BBs are more nood friendly than a DD

Fair enough; rare forum agreement in such a short time.  Watch for lightning strikes.

[WFSDL]
Members
610 posts
8,273 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

:cap_popcorn:

Uppity much? Get out of yous mom basement some time.

Members
4,731 posts
5,464 battles
2 hours ago, Jiggiwatt said:

Are you sure you actually hit the plane? You didn't just blind the poor pilot, forcing him to nose dive into the ocean?

[TF-64]
Members
364 posts
12,579 battles

My only kamikaze kill came when I sank a CV as his bombers tried to hit me. With nowhere to go that bomber group loitered over me long enough to shoot one plane down. Also I try to not go where planes are going anyway. Don't be afraid of running from planes. 

[WOLF9]
Members
3,136 posts

I actually shot down TWO planes the other day with Mahan's B hull!  It was a proud day in the Fletcher household, yes indeedy.

Normally, they just point and laugh at you- like the guy with the teeniest weinie in the gym locker room...