You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MarlinMenace

Small ship discounts, wait or go for it? Whats the promotion cycle look like?

7 comments in this topic

[JBY]
Members
6 posts
2,561 battles

I recall much larger discounts a few months ago for multiple ships of various nations.

The current discounts are appreciated, but they are relatively small. Wondering if I would be better off waiting. 

Do you know what is the historical cycle of promotions regarding ships? I would hate to use up XP and Credits today and then find a promotion next week.

Example: A few months ago the slot price dropped to 150 gold. then went back to 300 and shortly after as low as 75. 

Thanks Marlin

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles

Could that be like 2 months ago; you know, at Christmas time?

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
1 hour ago, MarlinMenace said:

I recall much larger discounts a few months ago for multiple ships of various nations.

The current discounts are appreciated, but they are relatively small. Wondering if I would be better off waiting. 

Do you know what is the historical cycle of promotions regarding ships? I would hate to use up XP and Credits today and then find a promotion next week.

Example: A few months ago the slot price dropped to 150 gold. then went back to 300 and shortly after as low as 75. 

Thanks Marlin

There's a schedule that goes out like a week posted on their news page somewhere. But the big holidays are where it's at. Christmas's Santa Crates and Halloween crates are probably where I spent the most. I had bought a lot of ships through out the year and I got to play them but if I had waited for the gambling I probably would have gotten them all cheaper as there was definitely a sweet spot for the Santa ones and they included basically every premium released in 2017 and some extras with I think a few exceptions.

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
8 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

Never buy a slot for 300 unless you absolutely have to. When they go on sale, buy several.

I've opened like 3 in my credits in the last two weeks. I didn't know they came in crates. I was like :cap_wander:

[PC]
Members
1,866 posts
Just now, xalmgrey said:

I've opened like 3 in my credits in the last two weeks. I didn't know they came in crates. I was like :cap_wander:

Yeah, they do come in crates sometimes. When they were 75, I bought 3.

[JBY]
Members
6 posts
2,561 battles

I purchased 2 slots at 150 and like 4 or so at 75. I recall seeing ships with closer to 50% discounts some months ago. The current discount is like 10%. Today I broke down and got the T5 Nicholas. Had most of the XP on the Clemson, so it was not so bad. Guess I will hold of on the T5 Konig. Just want to have a few more option in T5 and above to play in some of the Challenges and Combat Missions.

Edited by MarlinMenace