You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GuntherPrein

The Atago will it ever see tier 8 again???

37 comments in this topic

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,179 battles

wth is wrong with MM if all Im ever gunna see is tier 10 in my Atago Buff the [edited]thing so it can do more than hide and snipe whole game doing pointless damage...  whole month 55 games in it have never been in a 7 or 9 tier or heavean forbid I get top tier 8-6 all I get to play is tier 10, most games I am one of 2 tier 8s  sometimes I am only one, getting so tired of it WG ( sure Im getting pretty good damage helping my team out as best as I can its just getting tiring of only playing against ships that soon as I do frack up there goes 80% of my health from ships I cant even reach to attack) Rant probably far from over

• Cool 3

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

its was doing T8 exclusively just a couple weeks ago in Ranked.  

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[CAST]
Members
1,397 posts
5,794 battles

That's just how tier VIII works.  The only way the MM spread is going to change is if the player base grows enough to support T9/10 battles without dipping lower...so get recruiting! :Smile-_tongue:

[MAHAN]
Beta Testers
1,360 posts
5,025 battles

Tier VIII gets crapped on by the MM. I don't see that changing anytime soon. You should probably just get an Ibuki so you can hide, snipe, and get pointless damage, but at least you can do it from 18km instead of 16km. All snark aside, tier VIII cruiser is not at all fun right now.

[-BRS-]
Members
877 posts
7,315 battles
2 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

its was doing T8 exclusively just a couple weeks ago in Ranked.  

I noticed during rank, the amount of games I was getting as top tier in t8 in random, plummeted. Maybe its some sort of risk aversion to that tier, artificially creating a bottleneck?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,220 posts
8,387 battles

It's a problem for all the T8s, not just Atago.

And +/-1 MM would help. Just sayin.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
3 minutes ago, pikohan said:

It's a problem for all the T8s, not just Atago.

And +/-1 MM would help. Just sayin.

Unlock the "Safety Zone" would be just as much help

[NOOOB]
Members
1,436 posts
12,035 battles

Yes, buff all my tier 8 premiums if the only randoms I get in are tier 10. Would not mind if somewhat fair balance, but lately every freaking game.

[ANKER]
Members
225 posts
5,257 battles

Think of it as a challenge. Lots of t10 heavy games in a t8 nowadays. It is what it is. But some of my best scoring games in the atago are in t10 games. Chose ur battles, use ur stealth. Atago is actually pretty strong even against t10s.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,320 posts
14,667 battles

I think the emblems are driving a lot of high tier play, which really isn't a bad thing.  When CBs start you should be better.  The emblem push will quiet down as well.

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
30 minutes ago, GuntherPrein said:

wth is wrong with MM if all Im ever gunna see is tier 10 in my Atago Buff the [edited]thing so it can do more than hide and snipe whole game doing pointless damage...  whole month 55 games in it have never been in a 7 or 9 tier or heavean forbid I get top tier 8-6 all I get to play is tier 10, most games I am one of 2 tier 8s  sometimes I am only one, getting so tired of it WG ( sure Im getting pretty good damage helping my team out as best as I can its just getting tiring of only playing against ships that soon as I do frack up there goes 80% of my health from ships I cant even reach to attack) Rant probably far from over

Stop playing tier 8s and stop buying tier 8 premium ships. Otherwise you are volunteering to get [edited] over. Tier 8 may as well not exist as a playable tier in this game.

• Cool 1

[AAA]
Members
390 posts
5,117 battles

I ground the New Orleans in ranked. Accidentally played one game in random. Stuck my bow around an island and that was all she wrote. Great in t8 ranked thought. I would have pulled my hair out if I had to grind in random

balti is hard to play at t9. Stay patient and snipe. Occasionally 3 or more teammates will hang up on red ship and I rack up the damage. All t8 ca probably have to play that way

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,179 battles
20 minutes ago, AdmiralPiett said:

Tier VIII gets crapped on by the MM. I don't see that changing anytime soon. You should probably just get an Ibuki so you can hide, snipe, and get pointless damage, but at least you can do it from 18km instead of 16km. All snark aside, tier VIII cruiser is not at all fun right now.

yeah I got all tier 10s so just like my Atago paid for it so would like to get enjoyment from my money

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
Members
877 posts
7,315 battles
14 minutes ago, SimiaStoicus said:

Think of it as a challenge. Lots of t10 heavy games in a t8 nowadays. It is what it is. But some of my best scoring games in the atago are in t10 games. Chose ur battles, use ur stealth. Atago is actually pretty strong even against t10s.

Having an opinion like that, while logical, will get you nothing but grief here on the forums. Best let sleeping dogs lie...

Members
4,731 posts
5,464 battles
1 hour ago, Harv72b said:

That's just how tier VIII works.  The only way the MM spread is going to change is if the player base grows enough to support T9/10 battles without dipping lower...so get recruiting! :Smile-_tongue:

Since it seems that most players(on here) are having the experience that they're one of only a few T8s in a T10 match, the evidence suggets that there are enough T9s and T10s to support their own battles, otherwise the MM wouldn't desperately pull up 2-4 T8s just to fill out a match.

Of course, the MM's obsession with having a 12v12 or nothing else(outside of the 5 min wait mark queue dump) probably needs to go for T9/10 MM. I certainly wouldn't mind fighting more 9v9, 10v10, and 11v11 matches in my T9 ships, if it meant that my T8 ships got pulled up into T10 games way less frequently than they currently do.

Edited by GhostSwordsman
  • Cool 1

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,564 posts
14,005 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralPiett said:

Tier VIII BBs, DDs are fine with the current MM.  Amagi can slap ships around still, NC shells still hurt, Bismarck has 11.3km secondaries and turtle backs.  The DDs start getting super stealthy in general starting with VIII and torpedo power goes up.  More than enough to do the jobs of a DD.  Hell, Benson is stealthier than a number of Tier X DDs.

But Cruisers and CVs from the tier, they got problems when in a Tier X game.  The margin for error is a razor's edge for a VIII Cruiser.  The CV may find loads of Montys, Iowas, Missouris, Hindys, DMs, Defensive Firing Gearing, Fletcher, Grozovoi, etc.  Or that a$$hole Neptune and Minotaur reaching out to 8.6km with their AA.  Not fun being a Tier VIII CV in X match.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,646 posts
8,016 battles

I just had a match with my Shinonome against T8 only ship. So yeah, Atago will not only see T8 but also T6.

[MAHAN]
Beta Testers
1,360 posts
5,025 battles
26 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Tier VIII BBs, DDs are fine with the current MM.  Amagi can slap ships around still, NC shells still hurt, Bismarck has 11.3km secondaries and turtle backs.  The DDs start getting super stealthy in general starting with VIII and torpedo power goes up.  More than enough to do the jobs of a DD.  Hell, Benson is stealthier than a number of Tier X DDs.

But Cruisers and CVs from the tier, they got problems when in a Tier X game.  The margin for error is a razor's edge for a VIII Cruiser.  The CV may find loads of Montys, Iowas, Missouris, Hindys, DMs, Defensive Firing Gearing, Fletcher, Grozovoi, etc.  Or that a$$hole Neptune and Minotaur reaching out to 8.6km with their AA.  Not fun being a Tier VIII CV in X match.

Yup. It can be a bit annoying getting up-tiered all the time in BBs or DDs at tier VIII, but I don't find it painful. I don't even notice it in a DD to be honest, since they scale so well. It is MISERABLE in cruisers that aren't Kutusov.

Alpha Tester
3,325 posts
3,762 battles

Tier VIII gets crapped on by tier X! Tier VI gets crapped on by tier VIII! Only one of these things can be true guys... which is it.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,564 posts
14,005 battles
24 minutes ago, AdmiralPiett said:

Yup. It can be a bit annoying getting up-tiered all the time in BBs or DDs at tier VIII, but I don't find it painful. I don't even notice it in a DD to be honest, since they scale so well. It is MISERABLE in cruisers that aren't Kutusov.

Yeah, I hear you.  It can be uncomfortable being a Secondary Spec Bismarck when everyone is trading shells at 17km.  Accurately!  It can be annoying to fight at that range with NC, Alabama when you got good shells, but they float.

On the flip side, you got New Orleans that explodes from glancing shots.  Hipper is easy to hit and crucify.  Mogami has great firepower but is literally a floating citadel, and her gun range is actually mediocre for Tier IX-X matches.  I also remember back when I had Strike Lexington, a Yamato completely obliterating my planes.  A Yamato!  And she's the Tier X BB with s--t AA! :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
1,819 posts
8 hours ago, Ulthwey said:

Stop playing tier 8s and stop buying tier 8 premium ships. Otherwise you are volunteering to get [edited] over. Tier 8 may as well not exist as a playable tier in this game.

And exactly how are new tier 8 players supposed to get past tier 8?

[TG-38]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,277 posts
7,099 battles

Tier X ships don't scare me in a Tier VIII. Most people at those tiers aren't even any good. The DDs with their super-long torp ranges are the biggest threat.

[INTEL]
Members
8,407 posts
25,228 battles
On 2/9/2018 at 4:42 PM, Aetreus said:

Tier VIII gets crapped on by tier X! Tier VI gets crapped on by tier VIII! Only one of these things can be true guys... which is it.

Wrong. They can both be true. 

[SYN]
Members
4,524 posts
11,433 battles

Not only is Tier VIII the bottom tier in matches, but a player will often see themselves being the only Tier VIII ship on a team full of IXs and Xs.  Especially if you're an Atago or New Orleans.

I don't usually have a complaint about the MM but this is ridiculous.

[4HIM]
Members
1,699 posts
3,861 battles

Wonder if it's just a lot of people taking their T10's our to get ready for the next season of Clan Wars.  More T10's in the queue so T8's are used to fill the match.

But I'm just guessing here.