Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Brhinosaurus

"Transfer to another server"

41 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
18,956 posts
12,469 battles

Well, the server you're connected to is going down for maintenance, and the game will transfer you to another server when your currently active match ends.

[R-F]
Members
675 posts
6,180 battles

So is the North American server composed of multiple smaller servers?  How does that work?  What if I'm trying to play with a clanmate who's on a different server?

Members
17,795 posts
5,084 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Well, the server you're connected to is going down for maintenance, and the game will transfer you to another server when your currently active match ends.

That's a thing? 

Where do you go? EU? SEA? RU?

[-HON-]
Beta Testers
360 posts
9,059 battles

I just had it as well (first time I've seen it) at about the same time you did.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,956 posts
12,469 battles
1 minute ago, Brhinosaurus said:

So is the North American server composed of multiple smaller servers?  How does that work?  What if I'm trying to play with a clanmate who's on a different server?

You didn't think that the entire NA WoWS 'server' was just one box, did you? It's a large server park with dozens if not hundreds of machines. Apparently the one you were connected to (and me too, btw) had to be taken down for maintenance.

As for your question, divisioning works across boxes, they're all networked.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,956 posts
12,469 battles
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

That's a thing? 

You stay on NA, just connected to another box in the server park.

<Edit> Now that I think about it, it could be that all those "I exited my match and got dumped to the login screen" things was this happening, but they recently added the notification screen in OP's screenshot to the game.

• Cool 1

Members
3,298 posts
8,013 battles
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

That's a thing? 

HELL.

latest?cb=20131212223114

Edited by lemekillmister
  • Bad 1

[MFDVR]
[MFDVR]
Members
48 posts
7,326 battles

Stellar timing too, just as my clan mate and I joined a battle and just as the battle ended. Got into the game with 8 AFK's on my team and got shafted. Thanks WG you owe me some signals, a valentine's camo and premium consumables

• Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,742 posts
7,373 battles

Ive been dc'd at the end of 3 matches out of 5 so far today, no after action reports, I didn't get my signal flags for the Confed I got, either.

C'mon, WG, you can do better.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,496 posts
2,061 battles

Yup, happened to me too, battle ended, before results I got the same message, took about 3 sec to reconnect to port. It's happened a couple since now. Kind of irritating because I wanted to look at the results, but apparently different server means different gaming session.

The midwest of the US is getting slammed today with snow (me included), so that may be causing problems with servers.

Members
756 posts
15,482 battles

[ARP2]
Members
1,224 posts
3,566 battles

28 minutes ago, kamelion66 said:

Stellar timing too, just as my clan mate and I joined a battle and just as the battle ended. Got into the game with 8 AFK's on my team and got shafted. Thanks WG you owe me some signals, a valentine's camo and premium consumables

Carry harder. :Smile_hiding:

[SYN]
Members
14,378 posts
10,239 battles
36 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

So is the North American server composed of multiple smaller servers?

WG moved to a cluster server.

[WOLF4]
Members
105 posts
4,220 battles

Happened to me 3 times today, where it says server is going down for maintenance.  First time it's ever happened to me.  Had gotten disconnected to the login screen plenty of times lately, but never got the server message before.  Maybe there are some Gremlins in the servers, yanking on some wires.

Members
117 posts
6,924 battles
49 minutes ago, Lert said:

<Edit> Now that I think about it, it could be that all those "I exited my match and got dumped to the login screen" things was this happening, but they recently added the notification screen in OP's screenshot to the game.

Just happened to me as well and that's exactly what it felt like except I got the "transfer" message and was automatically reconnected    :fish_palm:

Edited by Slyv

[R-F]
Members
675 posts
6,180 battles

Just happened again.  No access to post-match results this way but it does appear all the missions are properly tracking my progress.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,956 posts
12,469 battles
2 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Just happened again.  No access to post-match results this way but it does appear all the missions are properly tracking my progress.

Same here.

I wonder how much the local sysadmins are running around with their hair on fire because of unexpected outages. This isn't normal behaviour for a serverpark.

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles

think we will get Niko or a dev to update us on what goes down tonight with the server? Now that more and more people getting on, will the server be able to handle the increased load tonight...

Members
9,868 posts
6 minutes ago, Lert said:

Same here.

I wonder how much the local sysadmins are running around with their hair on fire because of unexpected outages. This isn't normal behaviour for a serverpark.

Got my first unrecoverable crash after getting kicked earlier, was forced to hard reset.:Smile_amazed:

[NDA]
Supertester
4,790 posts
13,607 battles

Had this happen to me about 30 minutes ago. 

Never seen it do this and it logged me back in automatically once it was done. 

Seems to be working just fine now.  

Sign in to follow this