You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ricardo_Lu

DO NOT BUY French Premium Container!

48 comments in this topic

[5BS]
Members
4,465 posts

To those interested, this is the cost breakdown, in Free XP per tree ship (follows the USN BB tree so other trees will be +- a few dollars)

5rKTjSE.jpg

Basic gist of the table is this: assumes you go in a *straight* line, that is to say, only unlock whatever's necessary to reach the next ship. If the FCS doesn't get you closer to the next ship, it doesn't count, 25:1 Free XP:Doubloon conversion, and the Total XP to reach tier represents the 100% stock new ship, so to go from tier 1, Erie, to a Tier 9 Iowa, that is stock, without getting any extra upgrades on the way, it takes 560070 total XP. The last column is the cost assuming you purchase the 'any doubloons value,' which, as a *rough* approximation, works out to ~$0.0059 per 1 Doubloon (not that you can buy in that amount but you get the idea).

So for *this* topic, the French containers, if you're objective is to get the T8 Rich, stock, for 'free,' if you buy any more than ~$77.00, you have already spent more than it could ever cost to get there through Free XP conversion.

Btw, to anyone interested, this is the same table as shown before, but with a 35:1 conversion rate:

w1nFZUD.jpg

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 3

[FADES]
Members
144 posts
3,631 battles

How do you get the Graf Zeppelin test mission?

BTW, I bought a friend a 5x for $13.50 (for his birthday) and got myself the same pack and we both got the Tier 5/Bretagne mission.

$450, wow.

Edited by digitaljustice

[LNWLF]
Members
73 posts

You don't have to tell me to not buy anything from wargaming I already made a decision a year ago.

The removal of the Missouri.......... I will never spend a dime with wargaming.....

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[-K-]
Members
5,044 posts
8,928 battles
12 minutes ago, Ricardo_Lu said:

I buy 250x. The result is······

Wow, 250??

Did you get all of those Gamescom camos in there too?

[5BS]
Members
4,465 posts
1 minute ago, Ricardo_Lu said:

It makes me feel bad. I loved this game, but 250 boxes heart me.

Why didn't you wait to see the drop rate? I had a passing curiosity to getting a few boxes but I wanted to see if they were dropping closer to ~25% of the time or at least 15% but it seems to be much closer to <1%.

[AP-B]
Members
6 posts
5,499 battles
4 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Why didn't you wait to see the drop rate? I had a passing curiosity to getting a few boxes but I wanted to see if they were dropping closer to ~25% of the time or at least 15% but it seems to be much closer to <1%.

Maybe zero

[AP-B]
Members
6 posts
5,499 battles
7 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Wow, 250??

Did you get all of those Gamescom camos in there too?

The Collection?

[AP-B]
Members
6 posts
5,499 battles
8 minutes ago, MasterofGladness said:

You don't have to tell me to not buy anything from wargaming I already made a decision a year ago.

The removal of the Missouri.......... I will never spend a dime with wargaming.....

Wise decision

• Cool 1

[NCBL]
Members
98 posts
3,617 battles
14 minutes ago, MasterofGladness said:

So they remove it like they do with almost every other premium ship st some point and you are surprised? They never said it was permanent. No matter how you want to twist their words in your head. "stay" doesn't mean permanent. If I am going to "stay" at your place. Does that mean I am moving in until the end of time? No...words are hard.

• Bad 2

Members
587 posts

Why buy so many boxes? 

Last two Decembers I bought Santa crates based on how much I would play the game in the upcoming year. 2017 small amount . 2018 a lot more. Feel I made out like a bandit! These various campaign boxes are not the same. However OP will not need any flags or camo for alota games!  IMHO Santa Crates are excellent. Campaign crates meh!  I just bought five from my phone. That is good enough.

[LHG]
Members
1,617 posts
4,887 battles

250 containers .... that's insane, and dropping that much into them without a general overview of what you might expect?  That's even more insane.  :cap_fainting:

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,340 posts
3,555 battles

I can't believe the amount of money being dropped on loot boxes.  

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,472 battles
2 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

I can't believe the amount of money being dropped on loot boxes. 

Precisely the reason some countries have been 'regulating' them, equating them with gambling. 

• Cool 2

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles

High cost, low percentage chance of getting what you want... that's called gambling lol If you want something, buy it directly (where you can clearly see what it will cost). But paying money for the "chance" of something, when the seller won't even tell you what that % chance is? That's just insane.

[5BS]
Members
4,465 posts
28 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

Precisely the reason some countries have been 'regulating' them, equating them with gambling. 

No one's doing it yet, but they will, if only to tax them at a higher rate.

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
39 minutes ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

250 containers .... that's insane, and dropping that much into them without a general overview of what you might expect?  That's even more insane.  :cap_fainting:

seriously!....wow...my wife would kick me in the jewels if I dropped that kinda cash on this FtP 

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,009 posts
9,174 battles

I bought ONE box and got the Richielu...............................................................................................Sorry I fibbed and ask your forgiveness...too ripe for a troll!

[NOOOB]
Members
1,437 posts
12,035 battles

Thank you for posting the results.  Always interested in seeing what people are getting out of these programs.  Most of the container programs seem meh (exception being the Santa Crates).  

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

yeah -- so what is the typical haul per crate?  12-super signal flags or some such?

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
914 posts
6,098 battles
1 hour ago, Ricardo_Lu said:

I buy 250x. The result is······

unknown.png

20180209150427.png

20180209145353.png

Looks like a good deal to me lol
I don't care about the ships. I want to play them all anyway!