You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

How Hard will I get stomped in my new midway?

47 comments in this topic

[TNG]
Members
813 posts
6,173 battles

1. I pretty much free exp'd to midway having only played about 10 battles in the ranger. And I was Bad in it!

2. My damage and Winrate in hakuryu isn't exactly above average

3. My midway captain is only 14 points. And still paying re-assignment penalty being a ranger captain

4. I have stock planes

5. I don't even have all the upgrades: no fire mod nor concealment upgrades

Meet me in the sky for an re-enancement of the great mariana turkey shoot!

• Funny 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,227 posts
8,431 battles

Well, I hate to use stats as a basis for anything, but hopefully not as bad as some of the 40% Midways...?

Beta Testers
284 posts
4,295 battles

Curious... why do you think you're going to get stomped? I'd say it depends on two factors:  1) How good is the CV player you're going up against? & 2) What kind of AA your opponents have on their other ships? Good luck and check back to tell us how it went.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles
22 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

1. I pretty much free exp'd to midway having only played about 10 battles in the ranger. And I was Bad in it!

See the source image

Beta Testers
226 posts
4,367 battles

If you lack in manual drop and manual strafe skill, more than likely you will not do well. That's what it mainly boils down to. You should know by ranger to look for opportune strikes, stay away from cruisers (early game), etc etc.

[YAN]
Members
1,637 posts
7,464 battles
20 minutes ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

Curious... why do you think you're going to get stomped?

Its the natural thought of anyone taking out a carrier, apart from a minority who'll think "who am I going to stomp?" due to the massive differences between the super-unicum and plebeian CV captains.

29 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

I free-exped to Midway from Wyoming, over 14 battles played, I have a 50% winrate and 135k avg damage so far. Generally I can say that you can easily play Midway if you knowledgeable of Enterprises loadout and planes, and T10 AA, which you'll acquire from playing haku.

Shouldn't be too bad, unless you run into a unicum, then rip.

[REVY]
Members
941 posts
7,322 battles

OP, based on the information you have given, if you did poorly with the Ranger, you might also do poorly in Midway. I suppose it would depend on what you were bad at. If you couldn't coorordinate the aircraft, lost track of them, etc, Midway has more squadrons and you'll find it that much more difficult to control.

On the other hand, the US line does now suffer in it's aircraft loadout compared to the Japanese. If you routinely found yourself in battles with IJN CVs and did bad, did you also find yourself doing bad against other Rangers?

[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,905 battles

The 8 ball says outlook not good. It also says, please stay out of the scenarios today while I test out my new Aigle.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[TNG]
Members
813 posts
6,173 battles
7 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

OP, based on the information you have given, if you did poorly with the Ranger, you might also do poorly in Midway. I suppose it would depend on what you were bad at. If you couldn't coorordinate the aircraft, lost track of them, etc, Midway has more squadrons and you'll find it that much more difficult to control.

On the other hand, the US line does now suffer in it's aircraft loadout compared to the Japanese. If you routinely found yourself in battles with IJN CVs and did bad, did you also find yourself doing bad against other Rangers?

Generally sucked against saipans. Never seen a hiryu. Decent against rangers and stomp kaga

Members
70 posts
1,244 battles

You may be the one stomping. When wargaming was hosting their player appreciation tour. I played the Midway on the deck of the USS Midway on their guest accounts.  I'm a bad tier 5 carrier player, but i devastated the enemy team. 

Members
8,085 posts
17,047 battles
42 minutes ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

1) How good is the CV player you're going up against?

Why you ask?

17 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Its the natural thought of anyone taking out a carrier, apart from a minority who'll think "who am I going to stomp?" due to the massive differences between the super-unicum and plebeian CV captains.

This^^^

17 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Generally I can say that you can easily play Midway if you knowledgeable of Enterprises loadout and planes,

I knowledgeable enough to know that Enterprise isn't worth playing for me because my experience with upper tier carriers say I will get nothing but uptiered. That and the ridiculous levels of AA and near universal availability of DF on cruisers make it pointless for me to waste time doing so.

Know Enterprise's planes? I know enough to understand they will get nothing but slaughtered in the games I'm likely to see. I also know that if I hold back until AA is reduced, my team will spud-fail completely and will make holding back yet another pointless exercise.

2 minutes ago, LostEngineer said:

You may be the one stomping. When wargaming was hosting their player appreciation tour. I played the Midway on the deck of the USS Midway on their guest accounts.  I'm a bad tier 5 carrier player, but i devastated the enemy team. 

Where are the competent Greens and moronic Reds that allow such things to happen? Apparently not in any of the games I've played upper-mid tier CVs in.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Supertester
2,589 posts
8,303 battles

For the good of your team, leave it in port until you get better. If you didn't do well in the Ranger, you're going to do horrible in the Midway. And stock planes without all modifications mounted, plus captain retraining? 

Put the captain on a premium ship and finish the retraining, and grind credits for the mods. And then rebuy Ranger, get good at T7, and then buy the Lexington, get good at T8, and then buy the Essex, and get good at T9.... And then play your Midway. The class is just so different from everything else in the game that you shouldn't free XP through anything but modules unless you know what you're doing. 

Edited by Show_Me_Your_Cits

[IN3PT]
Members
202 posts
11,232 battles
3 minutes ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

For the good of your team, leave it in port until you get better. If you didn't do well in the Ranger, you're going to do horrible in the Midway. And stock planes without all modifications mounted, plus captain retraining? 

Put the captain on a premium ship and finish the retraining, and grind credits for the mods. And then rebuy Ranger, get good at T7, and then buy the Lexington, get good at T8, and then buy the Essex, and get good at T9.... And then play your Midway. 

This^^^^^ please don't play pvp

Use co-op as a training ground for your 6-7tier cvs and get better, learn how to perform at an above average level... And than go to PvP and kick [edited]!

Edited by ENxRagexD

Members
373 posts
5,700 battles
1 hour ago, pikohan said:

Well, I hate to use stats as a basis for anything, but hopefully not as bad as some of the 40% Midways...?

Came across a 27% the other day, they had played over 1100 battles in midway alone...

• Funny 1

[YAN]
Members
1,637 posts
7,464 battles
17 minutes ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

If you didn't do well in the Ranger, you're going to do horrible in the Midway.

Midway is far easier to play than Ranger, I feel that's not the greatest comparison.

• Cool 1

[TNG]
Members
813 posts
6,173 battles
14 minutes ago, SmokinCAT said:

Came across a 27% the other day, they had played over 1100 battles in midway alone...

27 winrate in midway? ?

Unless you are intentionally tking your own team, it's not possible! Even afks will do better than that

• Cool 1

Members
373 posts
5,700 battles
1 minute ago, _Dracarys said:

27 winrate in midway? ?

Unless you are intentionally tking your own team, it's not possible! Even afks will do better than that

I found it hard to believe myself.

[SF-3]
Beta Testers
1,617 posts
5,408 battles

Just because you think Midway is strong, you will quickly learn just much you can suffer. Please come to tier t10 and play often. I look forward to it.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[TNG]
Members
813 posts
6,173 battles
8 minutes ago, SmokinCAT said:

I found it hard to believe myself.

What's his name? Pm I wanna check it out lol!

• Cool 1

[TNG]
Members
813 posts
6,173 battles
5 minutes ago, Anumati said:

Just because you think Midway is strong, you will quickly learn just much you can suffer. Please come to tier t10 and play often. I look forward to it.

Will you at least use lube and wear protection?

[1NJS]
Members
424 posts
5 hours ago, _Dracarys said:

2. My damage and Winrate in hakuryu isn't exactly above average

3. My midway captain is only 14 points. And still paying re-assignment penalty being a ranger captain

4. I have stock planes

5. I don't even have all the upgrades: no fire mod nor concealment upgrades

Meet me in the sky for an re-enancement of the great mariana turkey shoot!

You should at least go and play the lex. The AP is great in t10 crusier but good luck getting into them. I am going to xp past the essix for sure. 

The case for HE bombs is to kill aa so your stuply under powered torp planes can go in.

[1NJS]
Members
424 posts
4 hours ago, Anumati said:

Sounds like you play it alot. How is midway gojng to fair wuth t9 fighters. I am at lex and do good against ijn but now they will up t from me.  Seems dumb

[CAST]
Members
1,404 posts
5,819 battles
4 hours ago, _Dracarys said:

What's his name? Pm I wanna check it out lol!

If you got to Warships.Today & sort the top Midway players by games played, you will find the information you seek.  And if you then look at that player's overall stats, you will see that he/she has only managed a WR above 50% in one ship (not including ships with 1 game played): the Erie. :Smile_amazed:

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles
4 hours ago, _Dracarys said:

27 winrate in midway? ?

wake up, there are bots infused into this game to even out CV play...sure they aren't named :Spruance: but they are there. Our midway captain was 19% with 161 games. 

4 hours ago, Anumati said:

In fact, I had that same Midway captain against this guy while he was teamed with two other exceptional players last night..... And Anumati went full low rent when I pointed out how bad our cv was, he want on to blame the team and not the CV, even after he had sunk our dd and our CV had yet to launch planes.