You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

52 comments in this topic

[-N-]
Beta Testers
24 posts
2,724 battles

Hey, a question for everyone.
I've spent a good deal of money on the premium containers and dont want to spend anymore if not possible but has anyone seen or gotten Lyon or Richalieu in this Viva La France part 1. I have talked to quite a few people and everyone seems to have gotten Bretagne and Normandie, but no sight of the other two. Is it even possible to get them in this part? Wargaming left it a little ambiguous.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles

@Arvenxx I cannot help with your question, but I wanted to say thank you for your service.

From a Old Gator Navy Sailor

Edited by Chaos_EN2
  • Cool 1

[-N-]
Beta Testers
24 posts
2,724 battles
7 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

@Arvenxx I cannot help with your question, but I wanted to say thank you for your service.

Oh, of course. Thanks for yours!

• Cool 2

[TBW]
Members
6,319 posts
11,869 battles
41 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

We didn't have much for guns on old LSD 28, another gator navy guy here as you can tell by my Avatar.

[-N-]
Beta Testers
24 posts
2,724 battles
10 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

We didn't have much for guns on old LSD 28, another gator navy guy here as you can tell by my Avatar.

Still had more guns than SSN 769 haha. We only beat you in the torpedo department

[YETI]
Members
99 posts
4,093 battles

I played a random game and a guy on my team said he got the Lyon mission.   So it must be out there I got the bretagne though.   

Do you have to complete the current mission to get additional or do you just get one?

Edited by temp1ar

[RTS]
[RTS]
Members
26 posts

I opened 6 of the French containers from the mission. I Didn't get a BB mission. I will check again after I get the last 3 containers.

[TORP]
[TORP]
Members
235 posts
19,714 battles

Opened a bunch of containers only mission I got was the Tier V.  Has anyone got 2 or more today

Edited by diddlyv

[RED2]
Members
80 posts
6,407 battles

I opened 20 crates and got a Bretange and a Richelieu. I was contemplating getting more for a Lyon but after reading this I might just quit while I'm ahead.

shot-18.02.09_22.23.07-0864.jpg

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,344 posts
10,134 battles
11 hours ago, Arvenxx said:

Hey, a question for everyone.
I've spent a good deal of money on the premium containers and dont want to spend anymore if not possible but has anyone seen or gotten Lyon or Richalieu in this Viva La France part 1. I have talked to quite a few people and everyone seems to have gotten Bretagne and Normandie, but no sight of the other two. Is it even possible to get them in this part? Wargaming left it a little ambiguous.

I grabbed a 20 pack this morning and got 16 of the 18 collection pieces for the French Capt and then got Bretagne, Lyon, and Richelieu missions. So grabbed a 5 pack which gave me enough duplicated to finish up the collection and get the Capt. No Normandie mission though.

Just finished up playing for the night and finished the ship missions so I now have Bretagne, Lyon, and Richelieu in port. Need 13,500 Base XP tomorrow to finish up and get the last earned crates (don't need them but will take camo, flags, and credits gladly).. Decided to grab one more 5 pack from the premium shop before going to bed on a whim and Normandie dropped for me. So tomorrow when I finish up the 13,500 Base XP it will give me enough for Normandie too and I will be done with the event. 

Played Bretagne and Lyon (16 guns is insane LOL). Did not play Richelieu yet.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[AGPIS]
Members
354 posts
2,416 battles

My rommate literally pulled Bretagne, Lyon and Normandie. I'm peturbed.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,344 posts
10,134 battles

I grabbed one more small pack of crates last night after this post and it had Normandie. So I got all 4 missions.

[YETI]
Members
99 posts
4,093 battles

Confirmed that you can have multiple bb missions going at the same time.   

On a different note, the awarded french bb's ship peculiarities lists that they get a free and unique camouflage, but when I look at the exterior tab I don't see any.   Has anyone received the camo?

Edited by temp1ar

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,574 posts
14,010 battles
32 minutes ago, temp1ar said:

On a different note, the awarded french bb's ship peculiarities lists that they get a free and unique camouflage, but when I look at the exterior tab I don't see any.   Has anyone received the camo?

I only got Bretagne.  No from that front.

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,259 posts
3,836 battles
34 minutes ago, temp1ar said:

I got Bretagne and Normandie. Normandie has a 1,000 doubloon premium camo, but its not free. There may be a credit earning potential baked into the ship since they are technically premium as they stand right now. Once they release they may unbake the credit earning and just have the camo available. 

[YETI]
Members
99 posts
4,093 battles

13 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_RenownMkI said:

I got Bretagne and Normandie. Normandie has a 1,000 doubloon premium camo, but its not free. There may be a credit earning potential baked into the ship since they are technically premium as they stand right now. Once they release they may unbake the credit earning and just have the camo available. 

WG should update the list because it clearly states that premium camo is free.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,344 posts
10,134 battles
4 hours ago, temp1ar said:

Can you show me via a link where you are seeing that about coming with a free camo? I have Bretagne, Lyon, and Richelieu, and am working on Normandie( got that mission unlocked after the other 3 were done), and none of the 3 I have came with a free perma camo. It is available for doubloons as usual but not free?

This is what I see on the WOWS site about earning the BB's via this event...

Battleships earned through the above missions come with their basic configurations, a Port Slot, a three-point Commander and fully researched/purchased modules. However, you won't be able to advance up the line until Update 0.7.2. In the meantime, you'll be able to transfer French Commanders to these ships without retraining. You'll also get a Commander Reserve Slot if your Reserve is already full. 

[RTS]
[RTS]
Members
26 posts

Just finished this weeks missions. Got 12 from the missions and bought 5. I got no BB Missions. Just checking to see who else has bad luck. lol

Edited by Necro06

[YETI]
Members
99 posts
4,093 battles
4 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Can you show me via a link where you are seeing that about coming with a free camo? I have Bretagne, Lyon, and Richelieu, and am working on Normandie( got that mission unlocked after the other 3 were done), and none of the 3 I have came with a free perma camo. It is available for doubloons as usual but not free?

This is what I see on the WOWS site about earning the BB's via this event...

Battleships earned through the above missions come with their basic configurations, a Port Slot, a three-point Commander and fully researched/purchased modules. However, you won't be able to advance up the line until Update 0.7.2. In the meantime, you'll be able to transfer French Commanders to these ships without retraining. You'll also get a Commander Reserve Slot if your Reserve is already full. 

I was referring to the ingame description:

image.png.ad83bc47126103717e247b538f9f3c36.png

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,344 posts
10,134 battles
1 minute ago, temp1ar said:

I was referring to the ingame description:

image.png.ad83bc47126103717e247b538f9f3c36.png

Ah that. I am going to say that is showing right now because the ships are put in briefly here as Premiums. That shows on all Premium ships and I assume it is an automated thing. Most likely they didn't think of that being there.

I am pretty sure that is what it is. Just showing because they are Premiums at this moment and it is an automated thing for Premiums.

[CWD]
Members
69 posts

This may be a really dumb question but since I got the Richelieu at T8 then I start the French BBs at T8 correct? So I’d unlock Alsace and then France?

Edited by broats

[-BMV-]
Members
112 posts
18,560 battles

How do you get the French BB containers? I haven't seen of them show up in my regular containers yet.

[YETI]
Members
99 posts
4,093 battles
16 minutes ago, tekteam26 said:

How do you get the French BB containers? I haven't seen of them show up in my regular containers yet.

You will have to complete the French Addition combat missions or purchase the premium containers in the premium shop.   But be aware that opening a container doesn't guarantee a personal mission for a French BB.