You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

French Premium Container(50x) results! DO NOT BUY IF YOU WANT LYON OR RICHILEIU!

40 comments in this topic

[TNG]
Members
813 posts
6,173 battles

spent $90 for 50x containers just now. This is what I got:

• enough portraits to complete the colleciton
  • Bretagne Quest (yep, just one the [edited] tier 5. this is only worth about 100k free exp youare saving sorry but that's deeply disappointing wargaming)
  • 8k gold
  • 110 dragon flags
  • 60 ouroboros
  • 40 red dragon
  • 50 hydra
  • 65 wyvern.
  • 270 france camo

Good day!

Edited by _Dracarys

[PNP]
Members
391 posts
2,837 battles

Message to the mods: There is a dupe post.

Secondly, 50 containers for 1 quest? And its the T5 BB? Welp.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
7 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

spent $90 for 50x containers just now. This is what I got:

• enough portraits to complete the colleciton
  • Bretagne Quest (yep, just one the [edited] tier 5. this is only worth about 100k free exp youare saving sorry but that's deeply disappointing wargaming)
  • 8k gold
  • 110 dragon flags
  • 60 ouroboros
  • 40 red dragon
  • 50 hydra
  • 65 wyvern.
  • 270 france camo

Good day!

Heck I would of been happy with any of that.

• Cool 1

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,484 posts
6,657 battles

OP, why open them all? Once you get the Bretagne mission, stop opening them. Wait until you have completed the Bretagne unlock, then open more containers. Really, what did you expect, to be able to skip all the other missions and go straight to Richelieu?

• Cool 3

Members
9,863 posts

While I'm not a fan of WG's mercenary ways at times.....you spent $90 for a chance at a head start on tier ships.....:Smile_amazed: 

Your money your choice, but I just don't get the rush in this game...it's an artificial construct designed to get people to pay for stuff they could easily earn...and while I'm sure it helps WG's bottom line, I'm not so sure it helps the game much.

• Cool 3

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,472 battles
9 minutes ago, awiggin said:

While I'm not a fan of WG's mercenary ways at times.....you spent $90 for a chance at a head start on tier ships.....:Smile_amazed: 

Your money your choice, but I just don't get the rush in this game...it's an artificial construct designed to get people to pay for stuff they could easily earn...and while I'm sure it helps WG's bottom line, I'm not so sure it helps the game much.

I very rarely agree with awiggin, but yeah, this.  +1 to you sir.

As for nuttybiscuit's statement above, I hadn't considered that it might not be possible to unlock the Lyon/Normandie/Richelieu missions until you'd completed the Bretagne one.  I'm not convinced that it actually works that way, but it'd be nice to know for sure.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
11,331 battles
18 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

OP, why open them all? Once you get the Bretagne mission, stop opening them. Wait until you have completed the Bretagne unlock, then open more containers. Really, what did you expect, to be able to skip all the other missions and go straight to Richelieu?

I don't think that is how it works. I have a clan mate that got the Lyon quest, don't think you first have to get the lower tier BB mission. 

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,484 posts
6,657 battles
4 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I don't think that is how it works. I have a clan mate that got the Lyon quest, don't think you first have to get the lower tier BB mission. 

hmm, that doesn't seem right to me then, very messed up.

Apologies to the OP if I am incorrect.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,092 posts
9,188 battles

Hmm interesting. Might be some value here. Will have to look deeper into it. Not likely I would spend money to buy a tech tree ship though so.... but the other items could be worth it.

[-K-]
Members
5,075 posts
8,942 battles

OP, sorry for your disappointment, but you rolled the dice and you lost.  Happens in Vegas all the time.

But just because you didn't get what you wanted, doesn't mean it's impossible for others to succeed.

• Cool 1

[5BS]
Members
4,493 posts
58 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Yavuz said:

The 8000 gold isn’t too bad :cap_like:

For $50 it is. It's $35 in the store for that and with little else being granted with it you pretty much got hosed. As I pointed out elsewhere, assuming the standard 1:25 conversion rate, it only costs ~$88 to go from Tier 1 to T8-stock.  These crates, given the drop rates, would relate to ~$350-$400 for the Rich. So no, they are pretty much awful.

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 1

[TNG]
Members
813 posts
6,173 battles
29 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

hmm, that doesn't seem right to me then, very messed up.

Apologies to the OP if I am incorrect.

No offense taken bruh.

Lol

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,741 posts
7,373 battles
53 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

Exactly this. Anyone who hasn't figured out WG does things in stages has not only not been paying attention, they've been in a different galaxy.

[TNG]
Members
813 posts
6,173 battles
24 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

OP, sorry for your disappointment, but you rolled the dice and you lost.  Happens in Vegas all the time.

But just because you didn't get what you wanted, doesn't mean it's impossible for others to succeed.

I'm not saying I have the chances figured out to the 2nd digit, but 50 containers gives a pretty good estimate of what is happening.

[TNG]
Members
813 posts
6,173 battles
Just now, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Exactly this. Anyone who hasn't figured out WG does things in stages has not only not been paying attention, they've been in a different galaxy.

You can get multiple missions.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,484 posts
6,657 battles
Just now, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

True, but aliens too need and deserve clear explanations of what to expect, the premium shop offer contains very little information.

[-N-]
Beta Testers
24 posts
2,724 battles

I've gotten 100 containers and no Lyon or Richalieu. Dont think you can get them in part 1

[5BS]
Members
4,493 posts
29 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

It's important to remember though, the house always wins...

• Cool 1

[EREKT]
Members
759 posts
5,764 battles

It's even like that in stores, i swear i've seen Hotwheels mystery boxes? That's one reason why I don't think they'll be able to ban gambling crates, there's a real life counterpart that nobody has taken issue with.

I lucked out hardcore on the Santa crates, so much so that I've come to expect bad crate luck until next Christmas. My last 5x mega crate purchase yielded a Nikolai, Kutuzov, Belfast and Kidd... I should've been screen capturing it. Those were the only ships on the big list I hadn't received yet, I lucked out on the quantity of ship rolls for that particular set of 5 I suppose.

I'm just going to buy Aigle, 23$ isn't a bad price... 

EJ

Members
457 posts
12,117 battles
11 minutes ago, Arvenxx said:

I've gotten 100 containers and no Lyon or Richalieu. Dont think you can get them in part 1

I bought 10 and got Lyon (along with the tier 5). I think it's completely random.

[5BS]
Members
4,493 posts

To those interested, this is the cost breakdown, in Free XP per tree ship (follows the USN BB tree so other trees will be +- a few dollars)

5rKTjSE.jpg

Basic gist of the table is this: assumes you go in a *straight* line, that is to say, only unlock whatever's necessary to reach the next ship. If the FCS doesn't get you closer to the next ship, it doesn't count, 25:1 Free XP:Doubloon conversion, and the Total XP to reach tier represents the 100% stock new ship, so to go from tier 1, Erie, to a Tier 9 Iowa, that is stock, without getting any extra upgrades on the way, it takes 560070 total XP. The last column is the cost assuming you purchase the 'any doubloons value,' which, as a *rough* approximation, works out to ~$0.0059 per 1 Doubloon (not that you can buy in that amount but you get the idea).

So for *this* topic, the French containers, if you're objective is to get the T8 Rich, stock, for 'free,' if you buy any more than ~$77.00, you have already spent more than it could ever cost to get there through Free XP conversion.

• Cool 2

[5BS]
Members
4,493 posts
2 minutes ago, Ricardo_Lu said:

DO not buy it!!! I bought 250x, but·······

...yikes... if you wanted those BB's so much you coulda had all 4 for just $77. I get that not everyone is a math guy buy... this one shoulda been kinda obvious.

Edited by _RC1138